Access Hollywood: Diana Ross (Nov 9 2004)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Diana Ross: Sexy & Singin' At 60

UPDATED: 1:29 PM PST November 9, 2004

Access Hollywood

A "Supreme" singer has returned. But has the record industry forgotten Diana Ross?

In an Access Hollywood exclusive interview, Nancy O'Dell gets Diana to open up about her music, her DUI nightmare and her friend Michael Jackson.

"I know that you are friends with Michael Jackson. Do you think the media has treated him fairly?" Nancy asked.

"Please, I can't go there. I just think it's such a painful subject. It's just so hard," Ross revealed.

And that's about as much as Diana has ever said publicly about the troubles of her longtime friend -- and former co-star in the 1978 film "The Wiz" -- who the tabloids claimed had work done to look like Ross.

"He can't do anything that isn't scrutinized, overscrutinized. Don't you agree?" asked Nancy.

Although Diana didn't answer, her smile said it all.

She is far more open, however, about her brush with the law when she was arrested last year in Arizona for DUI.

"Was that a wake up call to you? What do you feel you have learned?" O'Dell inquired.

"A choice you make can change your life. Things can change your life just like that," Ross explained. "You're on top one moment…then you're not on top."

Right now, Diana is on top as she is set to hit the road for a short U.S. tour that kicked off at Caesar's Palace in Atlantic City with a mix of more obscure songs and old Supreme hits.

And Diana doesn’t disappoint, delivering a sexy two-hour set, which is especially amazing when you consider this diva turned 60 years old this year.

"I never really think about age. Today, aging is not a bad thing," she says with a smile.

Except that, despite a five-decade career that has spawned more than 50 albums and countless hits, Diana was dropped by her label.

"I don't have a record contract," Ross added.

Source: http://www.accesshollywood.com/entertainme...398/detail.html