Akon Retiring? Talks about working with Michael Jackson

Just_Peachy

"Akon Says He Can Retire Now That He's Worked With Michael Jackson -- But He Won't"

New York- Akon could quit music right now. He's already accomplished his top objective: Working with Michael Jackson.

"This was a dream come true," 'Kon said Tuesday. "You know how you come into a career and set your goals as to where you wanna start, and where you wanna end? I had a wish list of all the collaborations I ever wanted to do. Mike was at the top. I was saying 'Well if I ever get to Mike, then that'll be the sign I can retire.' But I got to Mike ten years earlier than I expected. So I decided not to make retirement goals anymore."

"I think at the end of the day, it was one of those situations that caught me off guard," he added. "I didn't realize I was working so hard to actually capture his attention. That's the day I realized I made it."

The song MJ and Akon put together is called "Hold My Hand" and its one of the first records we've heard Mike on in years. The two go back and forth on the verses.

"Its a worldwide smash. It's gonna be huge," Akon promised. "The concept is to bring all the people together as one person linking as one world. At the state of where the world is now, with all these wars and conflict all over the place, I think a record like that is needed. That's the best time when a voice needs to be heard. I felt like 'What better voice between me and Mike to be able to say something like that at the time we in?' Outside of trying to do a club record or a record we expect to get thousand of [spins], it was more so 'lets do a record that fits all formats but also has some meaning to it.' But of course, for the future, we'll be finishing up the rest of the record."

Which leads to another question: Will we see Michael Jackson wearing a Konvict music chain to match his sparkling glove? "When the record comes out, read the label," 'Kon hinted.

Akon also said Michael Jackson would be appearing in the video for "Hold My Hand," which is lead cut from 'Kons next LP Acquitted. 'He's fully committed," Akon said about MJ being in the video. "We're gonna set up a whole tour around it. Its a big play."

Akon's Acquitted comes out in October. He says he's about two songs away from recording and is in the process of whittling down his collaborations. The record with Michael Jackson will definitely be in the set, though.

"Mike is on the album," 'Kon laughed. "He's already got a prime slot."

SOURCE: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1591867/20080730/id_0.jhtml

DATE: 7/31/08

There is also more to the story if you click the link, but its mainly about Whitney Houston and his collaboration with her.

There is also a video of Akon explaining his "Retirement goals," and explaining how he thought he wouldn't get to Mike for another "10 years."

I think its fascinating! I'm certainly going to purchase Akon's new album. Not just because Michael is on it, but because he's a great artist too. And I can't wait for the single to come out either! This is gonna be huge. And the video... Uhhh....:wub: I'm in heaven. What do you guys think?

Just_Peachy

Which leads to another question: Will we see Michael Jackson wearing a Konvict music chain to match his sparkling glove? "When the record comes out, read the label," 'Kon hinted.

I'm also not exactly sure what this is supposed to mean, but... hey! If it works! Could this mean Michael is working under or for Akon? Why is he telling us to "read the label?" Hmmm *Scratches chin* :idontknow I'm gonna see if I can find anything else out.

millie_x3

yea, there's a lot of speculation on KOP, too about Michael's album "possibly" being produced by akon... i'm not really sure about that one :bs. i'm excited about the video though :wub: