All This Jackson/Sony/Estate Fighting Is Hurting MJ's Legacy

Teva

Should fans support Michael Jackson’s after life albums, or boycott them because they are Sony distributed? Personally I will be supporting the new album. I think to not support the estate’s projects will be to sabotage Michael’s legacy. We know Michael had huge debts and the estate is not completely debt free. They are still creditors’ claims, lawyers and court related fees that have to be paid. They are also loan repayments that have to be met. If the estate should become financially unstable what does that mean? I’ll tell you SONY wins. If obligations cannot be met and the estate has to sell the ATV catalogue Sony has first bidding rights as co-owners. They would not turn down the opportunity the way Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono did. However, things get muddled …

As you all know Michael’s first posthumous Album is set to be released 14 December 2010. It has caused a lot of controversy (no surprise) between The Jacksons, Sony and the Estate. Katherine, Prince & Paris claim the tracks from the Cascio recordings are fake. Roger Friedman also reports that John McCain is also of this opinion. Sony claims they have hired analysts that have tested the vocals, and they are indeed MJs. I am going to side with Sony on this one; they are not going to put out an album called “Michael” song by another person. We’ve already seen that script it’s called Mili Vanilli. The estate along with Sony made a big announcement that they will be releasing a teaser off the album on Friday, 5 November 2010. However, Katherine and Howard Mann release an un-estate approved, unpolished song called Opus None from the Katherine Jackson Secret Vault calling it the real Michael. The problem is the song is rough, and most persons think this is one of the songs off of the new album. So now the public believes MJ had run out of talent.

All of this fighting is hurting everyone, but mainly Michael’s musical legacy. What are your thoughts?

armcjackson

I agree. I don't honestly understand why everyone is fighting about it. I get that MJ was a perfectionist, and that he wouldn't want his music released unless it was "perfected", but quite frankly I love all his music. And I don't get why everyone thinks it's fake. Sony may be complete idiots at times but they aren't that bad.

MJfan01'

Jackie and Taj tweeted that Katherine wasn't responsible for releasing that Opus track. I really think the Jacksons need to relax. These songs will generate money for the estate and for Michael's children. Michael had plenty of songs and I'm sure many of them were finished.

Teva

Before The Confusion
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igG3G8OQ398&feature=player_embedded[/media]

After The Confusion
1107-jackson-secret-vault-website-2-credit.jpg

After all hell broke lose the words "With L.O.V.E from Mrs. Jackson" was removed and we heard she never had anything to with it, and it was TMZ's doing. However TMZ took the story directly from her website. Just my opinion, I think someone got a hold of the webmaster, and it was cleaned up. Katherine said she never gave her permission, but clearly someone authorized that write up.

OneMoreChance

Although I can't stand Sony and it's just another things that makes me question the validity of who is actually supposed to be executor of Michael's estate I am behind this album 100%. Why? Because it's Michael and Michael's legacy at stake. It's about making sure that there is NEVER a reason to sell the catalog.

All I have to say is that if it comes out that this is not really Michael then Sony will have hell to pay!

Teva

http://community.mjeol.com/index.php?/topic/11429-update-on-album/page__gopid__216742#entry216742

Please read the best thing TMZ has said about Michael Jackson EVER!

Saphster

I'm not sure how to feel about it. I'm a little nervous about hearing anything new from Michael. I remember hearing a snippet of that song he did with lenny kravitz and it was real...emotional and exciting to hear yet hard to hear.

I do want all this fussing to stop though. It's been well over a year since the man has been gone from this earth and all of this is still going on? I thought that it would settle down by now but I guess not. The Jacksons and Sony need to chill and stay away from each other.

Too many misunderstandings and misleading things are always circling these two groups.

In a way I feel like things should be left the way they were. All the unreleased music should stay stored away. It would be super exciting to hear the things Michael worked on but I think he made it obvous he didn't really like to have unreleased (and not 'perfected') music floating around. But, I know that they won't stay stored away. There's a lot of money to be made from those songs that can be turned into many more albums to come.

As long as there is money involved people are gonna fight to get those songs out to the public for profit.

Sugabooger

I agree with the person who started this thread whole heartedly. I've been MIA on boards like this and I thought the fans would be rejoicing over new music from Michael. Believe it or not, I heard the song without knowing about all the "it's a fake" talk. My first impression was this is totally MJ. I personally love it, I support the new album, and we definitely all have to support it as fans unless something comes along where it proves it's not him. Take action then. For now, sit back, and enjoy the music. :)