April 5 2005: Jason Francia Cross-examination (AM session)

betty boop 84

I always thought victims block out the actual crimes, because they're too horrible to remember, not the interviews by police.

HotMJ!

http://forums.mjeol.com/attachment.php?att...ttachmentid=124

I read Jason Francia's entire testimony, word for word.

Jason refuses to "remember" anything on cross, but remembers details on direct. It is so blatant, the jury won't fail to decide he is pro-prosecution, well-rehearsed, and hiding from the defense.

The prosecution is his "friend" and he is cooperative and relaxed answering their questions, but entirely the opposite when dealing with the defense. This was so obvious, it can't have been lost on the jury.

He tries to stay close to the script the prosecutors have given him by evading the defense's questions as much as possible. At best, his answers are guarded, non-committal, self-protective, and "scripted" - and the jury saw/heard that, without a doubt. He was testy and argumentative during cross, "out of character" from the tearful, traumatized, God-fearing young man he put on display during direct (BTW, he's an auto parts salesman now, not a church pastor.).

What's perfectly obvious is that he's more than willing to help put someone away for 20 years without exerting himself to thoroughly review his previous testimony (the prosecutors had shared old transcripts and tapes with him), or make even a minimal attempt on the stand to remember his previous testimony with regard to details and events.

The most telling part is, Jason can't remember anything from even 4 months ago (2004) when questioned by the defense! "I don't remember" litters his testimony throughout, and he was reluctant to review any notes or transcripts to help refresh his terrible "memory." He was testy and smart-mouthed toward Mesereau much of the time.

I doubt the jury really believed he was "molested" - I didn't. :extremely

* One of his 1993-1994 lawyers (Terry Cannon) is now a D.A. himself in San Diego.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
It's pissing me off just reading through the transcripts. I knew the media was full of $hit about this being a "credible" witness and "damaging" testimony. Hell, when he couldn't remember!

And couple this with the fact that Mike was on a damn world tour with the "Bad" tour during the time this fool is claiming he was "molested" and it is ridiculous.