Can someone please explain this?

ThrillerFan

Let me first say that I know the DA's case against Michael is crap, but at least I know what their "justification" is for the lewd act charge, the alcohol charge, and the conspiracy charge. But I don't know where they came up with the extortion charge. What is that all about? Does anyone know?

-Matt

Tiger Lilly

Maybe I'm completely wrong as I'm no expert, but wasn't it something to do with family saying Michael stole their stuff so they had nowhere to go, so they were "trapped" at Neverland? :loser:

dangerous

Its with Michael either extorting their ugly ass wicker furniture (ie putting it in storage, he has Dickermans letters to Geragos regarding this) and/or extorting actual statements that clear him, out of them.

Theres a couple of case files on it, i dont remember which ones. Check Whispers Bullets.

HeavenSent

They're making it seem as if Michael was extorting their ugly ass furniture.

But truth be told, I don't remember either.

HeavenSent

Matt, I did a search and thanks to Complexity on MJJF, she broke down the indictments, including extortion.

http://www.mjjsource.com/pdf/043004redacte...edindicment.pdf

http://www.mjjforum.com/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=442719

518 (EXTORTION): Extortion is the obtaining of property from another, with his consent, or the obtaining of an official act of a public officer, induced by a wrongful use of force or fear, or under color of official right.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displayc...00&file=518-527

Her comments:
I believe this is where Sneddon has fit in the "stolen furniture" accusations. The law says "extortion is the obtaining of property from another..." So Sneddon is going to claim that Michael illegally obtained the family's furniture. Of all of the charges, I think this one is the one that concerns me most because it does seem that Michael ended up with the family's furniture somehow. I don't know enough of what happened with the furniture to figure out how they'll defend against this charge yet, but I'm sure there is a reasonable defense against it. Just because you have someone's furniture doesn't mean you obtained it illegally. I suspect the furniture was obtained as part of the process of moving the mother to a new home, but I believe the mother was agreeable to having Michael move her. The only disagreement was that Michael wasn't buying her a fancy new house, but got her an apartment instead.

Tiger Lilly

Like Complexity on MJJF said this is one charge that worries me as it seems Michael ended up with their furniture. But I'm glad theres at least one reasonable explaination:

I suspect the furniture was obtained as part of the process of moving the mother to a new home, but I believe the mother was agreeable to having Michael move her.

If that is in fact the case, how easy is that gonna be to prove?

Indeedly so Gemz, as long as Michael and his team have a reasonably good explaination, and if they can prove it then it's nothing to worry about, otherwise it this may be a difficult senario to get out of

~Jamie~

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
I'm confident they do have a good explanation, one thats the truth. Me, Jen and Sarah have been discussing this on MSN. I mean y'all heard their explanation to the crappy conspiracy theory. We all know Michael never stole their stuff so the defense have an explanation!

I'm sure they do, and you're so right about the explaination which they gave about the conspiracy theory. My theory is that there just trying to pile on as many charges as they can get away with, so they hope that they will convict him of at least one charge, but it's not gonna work because there theories aren't solid, and lets be truthful they will be smashed to pieces once Mez gets his claws in.

~Jamie~

Indeedy Jamie! I mean already we've seen so many cracks - if not gaping craters - in this "case". I agree they are trying to pile on the charges in hope of getting away with something. But Michael and his team are too god for that. I have every faith in them and I know Michael does too.

I'll second you on that. Michael's team are too good for these people. They have made so many mistakes during these past few months, and we have seen so because of the feedback which we recieve about the hearing which have taken place. I know Michael is in safe hands, and I know he knows thata too otherwise he wouldn't have hired MeZ.

~Jamie~

Tiger Lilly

They have made so many mistakes during these past few months, and we have seen so because of the feedback which we recieve about the hearing which have taken place.
Yup! And a recent mistake by the prosecutors has led to Sneddon having to testify. That's just ONE mistake, but a big one none the less. They can't be that on the ball! We've also heard about Sneddon's hissy fits. How "mature" and "professional" can that man be, esp if his "case" is as solid as he claims it is? :laugh We've also heard that Sneddon has hyped up his cases in the past by lying about the amount of "evidence" he has. "The evidence will speak for itself" BS! More like the lack of evidence!

Off_the_wall

Yup! And a recent mistake by the prosecutors has led to Sneddon having to testify. That's just ONE mistake, but a big one none the less. They can't be that on the ball! We've also heard about Sneddon's hissy fits. How "mature" and "professional" can that man be, esp if his "case" is as solid as he claims it is? :laugh We've also heard that Sneddon has hyped up his cases in the past by lying about the amount of "evidence" he has. "The evidence will speak for itself" BS! More like the lack of evidence!

:laugh

Phil

This whole "conspiracy" thing doesn't make any sense. I just struggle to see the logic in any of these accusations. Look how easy the defense have been able to acounter them. Valid argument after valid argument, completely squashing Tom Sneddon's rediculous fairy tale idealisms.