Can we get this confirmed or DENIED?

trenny

This story of Michael having LUPUS are coming back because of one royal liar "RF"! During the time those lies that were spread through the "Vanity Fair" magizine a lot of those rumors were shot down. But I don't remember a denial back then either of the Lupus story:mellow: If anyone remembers a denial can you tell me. Lupus is a serious desease and I know many people suffering from it. It would be a new low for "RF to put this on some one if it's infact a lie!:eek:hnoyoudidnt

ctlover

I could be wrong, and maybe somebody else knows more, but I think Michael has spoken at some Lupus awareness event or something at one time (I think I saw a picture back in the day). There are different types of Lupus, and he might have one. It's serious, but sometimes managable.

Roger F. could occasionally be right about something... LOL! Like, if he said, "Michael Jackson made an album called Thriller..." But, I think him mentioning: Grace may have Lupus according to a rumor, but Michael is the one who really has it, but Grace is just wanting to marry MJ, blah, blah, blah... Lupus, although a creative angle to belatedly get in on the "Michael married the nanny" rumor, was a pathetic as hell excuse to name check Michael and dis Grace, without getting sued, IMHO!!

ctlover

These are two things I found on the issue (granted, one is Wikipedia, but I thought I'd post it anyway) :)

http://www.mjfanclub.net/news/oct_2003.html

October 7, 2003

Michael Jackson Attends Lupus Charity Event

On October 1, 2003, Michael Jackson made an appearance at the Beverly Hills Hotel for the charity event, "An Evening of Love, Light, and Laughter to Benefit Lupus LA and Lupus Research." Michael appeared on stage with Medical Visionary Award Recipient, Dr. Allan Metzger. Among others in attendance were Jamie Gertz, Melissa Joan Hart, and Mario Van Peebles.
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that can affect various parts of the body, but primarily effect the skin, joints, blood, and kidneys. For additional information on Lupus, please visit: http://www.lupus.org

To view photos of Michael at the event, please visit: http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====37765
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupus_erythematosus

Notable patients
Trivia sections are discouraged under Wikipedia guidelines.
The article could be improved by integrating relevant items and removing inappropriate ones.

Ray Walston, a well known character actor
Tim Raines, a former major league baseball player, primarily with the Montreal Expos and Chicago White Sox
Ferdinand Marcos, former Philippine president, who died from complications of lupus in 1989
Flannery O'Connor, American fiction writer
Hugh Gaitskell, British politician
J Dilla (also known as Jay Dee, born James Dewitt Yancey), a hip-hop producer and beatmaker who died of the disease in 2006
Elaine Paige, British actress and singer
Michael Jackson, singer/songwriter, was diagnosed with discoid lupus and vitiligo in 1984.
Millie, the pet dog of former U.S. President George H. W. Bush and his wife Barbara Bush, was diagnosed with discoid lupus erythematosus
Charles Kuralt, former anchor of CBS Sunday Morning
Inday Ba (also known as N'Deaye Ba), a Swedish-born actress who died from complications of lupus at age 32
Caroline Dorough-Cochran, sister of Howie D. of the Backstreet Boys, who founded the Dorough Lupus Foundation in her memory
Stephanie Smith, artist who died of SLE complication in 1969 at the age of 22. The anti-smith (or anti-Sm) antigen was discovered in her, and is the basis of a SLE diagnostic test.
Mercedes Yvette, runner-up of Season Two of America's Next Top Model
Sophie Howard, a British glamour model
Leslie Hunt, an American singer and former American Idol semifinalist
Seal, an English singer, whose characteristic facial scarring is due to the disease
Donald Byrne, an American chess player who died from complications of lupus in 1976

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Just because he spoke at an event doesn't mean he has whatever it is he's trying to raise money for. He also has done work for people with AIDS in Africa. Doesn't mean he has AIDS.

This is medical information. He is under no obligation to share his medical history with anyone, let alone some desperate, ba$tard at FOX who needs to get a life.

DO NOT spread unsubstantiated stories about this here.

trenny

My intention is'nt to spread stories. Ms.Bain has addressed and denied many stories about Michael's health that were falsely reported in the media. I just asked if it's been denied before because the rumour was brought back to life in an article.:8-26-03respect:

Saphster

whisper;197716 said:
Just because he spoke at an event doesn't mean he has whatever it is he's trying to raise money for. He also has done work for people with AIDS in Africa. Doesn't mean he has AIDS.

:blink:

Aids? Did I miss something?:lol Where did the Aids thing come from? I'm afraid I haven't been keeping up too much.:(

trenny

Most of these tabloid news people get these stories from "RF" and begin to spread them. I've seen this story circulating recently again on several sites. That's why I asked if it's already been denied before.:unsure:

ctlover

This is medical information. He is under no obligation to share his medical history with anyone, let alone some desperate, ba$tard at FOX who needs to get a life.

DO NOT spread unsubstantiated stories about this here.

My bad. I wasn't trying to spread any rumors - I thought it may have been confirmed by Michael himself at some point, and those were a couple things I found through a google search. I wondered if maybe somebody knew what he'd said at the actual Lupus event (whether he was interested in the cause because he had it, or if it was just something he was speaking at for other reasons). I don't know where to find a transcript of his speech, if he gave one. So, I wasn't trying to do anything inappropriate, I promise. :( I'm 32 years old and I've been a hardcore fan since I was 7. I'm not in the business of dissing Mike!! Far from it. :)

mjrox

um...i thought it was a known fact that mike has lupus. he was diagnosed with that and vitiligo at the same time as far as i've heard.

shelly

Sorry to bring back an old topic but I found that. It's from a 1991 article

"La Toya offered an explanation for Michael’s appearance last week and it’s a new one that the family hasn’t mentioned, confirmed or denied before: Michael LaToya has said, has grown lighter over the years because he has lupus, a chronic disorder that causes skin lesions and can be aggravated by the sun. He doesn’t want anybody to know he has this disease, she said. Indeed he has never mentioned it publicly. She said that Michael was first diagnosed 12 years ago. He avoids the sun she said and his skin color has faded as a result. "

"Dear Colleagues:

I can confirm that Michael Jackson had vitiligo and discoid (chronic cutaneous lupus) and never had systemic disease that played any role in his passing.

I am concerned that some commentators are relating that a background of abuse has anything to do with lupus. There has never been a peer reviewed published article that specifically has shown this in lupus.

Thanks

Dan Wallace MD

Clinical Professor of Medicine

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA"

From the Dr who made the strip search

"“Michael had a disease vitiligo in which the pigment is lost and attempts had been made to bring that pigment back which had been unsuccessful so he tried to bleach it out so it would be one colour.

Lupus is also an autoimmune disease and he also had skin involvement, which had destroyed part of the skin of his nose and his nasal surgeries and all were really reconstructive, to try and look normal. “

So all these nose reconstructions you’re saying was as a result of him treating his lupus?

“The first one was to try and reconstruct from some scar tissue and obstruction that had happened with the skin there. It didn’t work out very well and all subsequent attempts were to make it right.

I think he was trying to look like a normal guy as best as that he could.”

[

shelly

[quote name="shelly"]Sorry to bring back an old topic but I found that. It's from a 1991 article

http://lacienegasmiled.wordpress.com/category/statements-about-vitiligo-and-lupus

"La Toya offered an explanation for Michael’s appearance last week and it’s a new one that the family hasn’t mentioned, confirmed or denied before: Michael LaToya has said, has grown lighter over the years because he has lupus, a chronic disorder that causes skin lesions and can be aggravated by the sun. He doesn’t want anybody to know he has this disease, she said. Indeed he has never mentioned it publicly. She said that Michael was first diagnosed 12 years ago. He avoids the sun she said and his skin color has faded as a result. "

"Dear Colleagues:

I can confirm that Michael Jackson had vitiligo and discoid (chronic cutaneous lupus) and never had systemic disease that played any role in his passing.

I am concerned that some commentators are relating that a background of abuse has anything to do with lupus. There has never been a peer reviewed published article that specifically has shown this in lupus.

Thanks

Dan Wallace MD

Clinical Professor of Medicine

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA"

"“Michael had a disease vitiligo in which the pigment is lost and attempts had been made to bring that pigment back which had been unsuccessful so he tried to bleach it out so it would be one colour.

Lupus is also an autoimmune disease and he also had skin involvement, which had destroyed part of the skin of his nose and his nasal surgeries and all were really reconstructive, to try and look normal. “

So all these nose reconstructions you’re saying was as a result of him treating his lupus?

“The first one was to try and reconstruct from some scar tissue and obstruction that had happened with the skin there. It didn’t work out very well and all subsequent attempts were to make it right.

[[/quote]

Teva

From Gotham Chopra
By Lesley Messer of People.com

"It was very disturbing to him that people thought he always wanted to be white and he was bleaching his skin. [But] he identified as being a black person and so it was troubling to him that everyone thought that he was a hater of his own race," Gotham explains. "And the lupus, why he didn't just come out more clearly and say that was the problem, I'm not sure. But I know it was something that bothered him a lot."

IMO
He didn't think his medical history, sex life, or the identity of Blanket's mother was something to share with planet.

shelly

[quote name="Teva"]From Gotham Chopra
By Lesley Messer of People.com

"It was very disturbing to him that people thought he always wanted to be white and he was bleaching his skin. [But] he identified as being a black person and so it was troubling to him that everyone thought that he was a hater of his own race," Gotham explains. "And the lupus, why he didn't just come out more clearly and say that was the problem, I'm not sure. But I know it was something that bothered him a lot."

IMO
He didn't think his medical history, sex life, or the identity of Blanket's mother was something to share with planet.[/quote]

I might be wrong but maybe telling the whole world he had lupus would have been a problem for him because he needed money and insurance for his tour. How can they know he won't have a lupus flare during a tour?

Teva

The type of lupus MJ had was the one that mainly affected the skin and not the internal organs. In addition I don't think he could have hid it from his insurance carrier because he would have had to submit to their medical exam. After your posting I did some research on discoid lupus, and found this, "Patients whose condition is sensitive to sunlight need to wear a UVA/UVB blocking sunscreen daily and a hat while out doors. " Maybe that's how the fedora started.

When lesions occur in hairy areas such as the beard or scalp, permanent scarring and hair loss can occur. http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_d ... _eryt.html

It is very tragic that he suffered from 2 disfiguring skin diseases coupled with the fact that he made a living from the way he looked. Props to MJ for keeping it together.

shelly

[quote name="Teva"]The type of lupus MJ had was the one that mainly affected the skin and not the internal organs. In addition I don't think he could have hid it from his insurance carrier because he would have had to submit to their medical exam. After your posting I did some research on discoid lupus, and found this, "Patients whose condition is sensitive to sunlight need to wear a UVA/UVB blocking sunscreen daily and a hat while out doors. " Maybe that's how the fedora started.

When lesions occur in hairy areas such as the beard or scalp, permanent scarring and hair loss can occur. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBMHYkTbWaI[/youtube]

It is very tragic that he suffered from 2 disfiguring skin diseases coupled with the fact that he made a living from the way he looked. Props to MJ for keeping it together.[/quote]

Yes but if I remember well Dr lahita said that kind of Lupus is linked to insomnia and I remember reading that patients have periods of fatigue.

I also think that if he had said that during the eighties the stories in the tabloids would have been terrible becuase the media would have linked that to AIDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBMHYkTbWaI

Pirate.

[quote name="shelly"]

[[/quote]

Slightly OT:
Why do I feel like this is total malarkeyyyy> Did he even ASK, or is he just making the assumption that that's what happened? Because, you know, all doctors, especially those involved with Michael, are TOTALLY accurate and always 100% not full of shit. Oh, silly doctors.

If that were the case I feel like there would have been much more substantial damage or scarring or...anything, really. I never saw any of that. Seriously. I know the media likes to make out Michael's face to be a train wreck but that's just not the case. :p

Idk just my two centsssss.

shelly

This Dr is not connected to MJ, he worked for the prosecution. He was only speaking about he saw in MJ's record. As for MJ's Drs, lying to thr press is totally different than falsifying a medical record.