Comedian Chris Tucker will impersonate Michael Jackson at Music Festival

craze4mj

http://www.royalgazette.com/rg/Article/article.jsp?articleI d=7d9a82b30030003&se ctionId=60

Published: October 16. 2009 07:06AM

The Royal Gazette has learned that a Hollywood comedian and friend of the late Michael Jackson is on the bill for the last night of the Bermuda Music Festival.

Chris Tucker, who is known for his performances in the 'Rush Hour' series and the 'Fifth Element', was hand-picked by Quincy Jones because he was one of Michael Jackson's lifelong friends and colleagues. There will be a tribute to the King of Pop every night during the festival and Mr. Tucker will lead the tributes on the last night.

Rock Newman, of Gibraltar Promotions, said: "Chris Tucker is in and we expect that his performance will be laced with Michael Jackson related material. He was great, great friends with Michael, they performed together, and he does spot on Michael Jackson impersonations. Chris is going to be a conduit to a very exciting moment in the show, which is a very, very special celebration of the song 'Thriller'."

He added: "With Chris Tucker it is not sure whether people will laugh or cry or both."

This Halloween marks "Thriller's" anniversary, which was one of the best selling albums of all times. Another website for the Bermuda Music Festival is Bermuda Music Festival 2009 with Quincy Jones and Friends and tickets are available from BDATix - Bermuda Event Ticketing.

oldschoolfan

First of all- QUINCY?!?!?!?!?!
Second of all- I don't remember Chris being a LIFE-LONG friend of Michaels.
Other than that, awesome!

HeavenSent

I love Chris, too :) And Anja (sp?), his ex, wrote an open letter damning the Arvisos, shortly after Michael's passing. Both were truly in Michael's corner.

HeavenSent

I HOPE not. Chris never did it when Michael was alive, hopepfully he'd have enough class not to do it now that he's gone.

Remember this from Def Comedy Jam? This was back in the 90's before he and Mike became close. (Excuse the four letter words) Freaking hiliarious until it gets umm...kinda adult, lol. Starts around 1:36

MJfan01'

Chris Tucker has never said anything about Michael's kids. His impersonatations were never disrespectful.

Rush Hour 2
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCdPrq8Q8ow[/video]

30th Anniversary
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W6ewKWU064&feature=related[/video]
And Quincy needs to go away....

Saphster

HeavenSent;223017 said:
I HOPE not. Chris never did it when Michael was alive, hopepfully he'd have enough class not to do it now that he's gone.

Remember this from Def Comedy Jam? This was back in the 90's before he and Mike became close. (Excuse the four letter words) Freaking hiliarious until it gets umm...kinda adult, lol. Starts around 1:36

Yeeeeaaah! I remember this!!

I remember laughing my butt off at this! :icrackingup:icrackingup

the last part was just too much! Dirty comedy LOL. I wonder if Michael ever saw that...you think he was laughing too?

Chosen

I think it is very distasteful for a man who had said such horrible things about Michael should profit from his legacy. I live in the Caribbean and normally I would be tempted to fly overseas for something like this. But QJ cannot get my money. For me there is no difference between him and Boteach. And I never thought I would say that.

Saphster

MJfan01';223018 said:
Chris Tucker has never said anything about Michael's kids. His impersonatations were never disrespectful.

No...not jokes about his kids. About other kids. Ya'll know what I mean.

So many people have been turning against Michael lately. It's just so hard for me to trust anyone anymore.

Cristine87

MJfan01';223018 said:

Rush Hour 2
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCdPrq8Q8ow[/video]

30th Anniversary
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W6ewKWU064&feature=related[/video]
And Quincy needs to go away....

OMG, I almost died laughing when I first saw this!

HeavenSent

Saphster;223027 said:
Yeeeeaaah! I remember this!!

I remember laughing my butt off at this! :icrackingup:icrackingup

the last part was just too much! Dirty comedy LOL. I wonder if Michael ever saw that...you think he was laughing too?

:lol Michael said he'd watched The Kings of Comedy when he was interviewed by Steve Harvey and if you've seen it, it's got some nasty stuff too! I bet he laughed his cute behind off!

Saphster

HeavenSent;223471 said:
That Titanic skit ALWAYS has me rolling! :lol

yeah! the napkin part got me. I wonder how many other things Michael has watched. He's probably saw so many shows and movies. I wish I knew which ones were his favorites.

oldschoolfan

Michael said he watched Kings of Comedy? Don't they bag on Michael sometimes? That's the one thing I HATE about comedy shows, there will always be SOMEONE who cracks a joke about Michael. It's the same **** every time.

Cristine87

oldschoolfan;223474 said:
Michael said he watched Kings of Comedy? Don't they bag on Michael sometimes? That's the one thing I HATE about comedy shows, there will always be SOMEONE who cracks a joke about Michael. It's the same **** every time.

The didn't actually! No MJ jokes. You know what commedian pissed me off and I don't know if any of you saw it, was Kat Williams. It had me so heated, I was ready to jump through the tv and kick his f*cking ass! He got really nasty. I've never in my life heard a comedian bash him so bad!

Saphster

Cristine87;223475 said:
The didn't actually! No MJ jokes. You know what commedian pissed me off and I don't know if any of you saw it, was Kat Williams. It had me so heated, I was ready to jump through the tv and kick his f*cking ass! He got really nasty. I've never in my life heard a comedian bash him so bad!

Yeah...my boyfriend told me about Kat. I never watched it. I don't plan to! But, he said he took it to a whole other level! He said he got too dirty with it. When asked about it on June 26 he said he wouldn't apologize or take anything back. That f-cker! I hope he gets ready when he gets judged by God. I thought he was hilarious until I heard he bashed MJ to the ground.

Cristine87

Saphster;223477 said:
Yeah...my boyfriend told me about Kat. I never watched it. I don't plan to! But, he said he took it to a whole other level! He said he got too dirty with it. When asked about it on June 26 he said he wouldn't apologize or take anything back. That f-cker! I hope he gets ready when he gets judged by God. I thought he was hilarious until I heard he bashed MJ to the ground.

Yeah, he was way out of line with it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing come out of his mouth. If Michael had heard that, he would've wanted the ground to swallow him up.