Debbie Rowe files abduction suit?

wazup

Hey peeps,

I went on MJNO and they had a thread about Debbie Rowe supposedly filing a suit agains Mike for abducting her children. The surce was from TMZ Staff writer. Did anyone hear about this or what? I wanna know what you guys think. I also saw this on google too. Personally I won't believe anything until I hear it confirmed by a reliable source. :rolleyes:

Tiger Lilly

Debbie Rowe files abduction papers in court
By TMZ.COM STAFF

(Dec. 20) -- A secret hearing was held Monday near Palm Springs, Calif., in which Debbie Rowe, Michael Jackson's former wife and the mother of two of his children, filed legal papers accusing the singer of abducting the children.

Rowe has filed a custody suit against Jackson, which has been removed from the courts and handled through private arbitration.

TMZ was present for the hearing. Before it began, TMZ producer Patti Bartos-Fellows was shown a legal document entitled "Children Returned to US; Surrender Passports and Child Abduction Order." This document was filed by Rowe, requesting that the judge sign an order requiring Jackson to return the children to the United States.

TMZ has confirmed through sources that Rowe is going full force in her custody battle, arguing that Jackson underhandedly took the children to Bahrain to thwart her effort to obtain custody. We're told Rowe is concerned for the children's safety and that she has been denied contact with them.

Jackson had been paying Rowe a hefty annuity until last year when he cut her off for allegedly violating their confidentiality agreement, a move she is currently contesting in court.

Rowe surprised many people, including prosecutors, at Jackson's child molestation trial earlier this year by taking the stand and praising her ex. This led some observers to wonder if her testimony would pave the way for a settlement between the two. That clearly did not happen.

Before the proceedings began, both sides vigorously objected to TMZ's presence in the hearing room and Judge Lachs asked producer Bartos-Fellows to leave. The Judge did not rule on the abduction motion.

Source: http://tmz.aol.com/article1?id=20051219192009990001

Well I'm not believing anything atm cos this BS has been going on for months and nothing major has happened. Also, how can she file for "child abduction" when Michael has full custody of his children. He can take his children to live with him where ever he likes.

If this is true then she needs to wake up and think again. She's signed over custody of her own children and refered to them as "gifts" to Michael on national TV. She also said Michael's a great dad plenty of times and defended him in court. I know a lot of fans think she has every right to see Prince and Paris, but personally I see why she does? Where has she been all their lives? When it suits her she comes swanning in demanding this and that. Ever since the dumb interview she did last year I do not trust her.

But that's just my opinion.

Wait and see what happens. If this is true I don't think she has a leg to stand on.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I don't care. If this is true, as far as I'm concerned, she can sit her mother-come-lately ass down somewhere. She hasn't raised those kids, knows nothing about them, gave up her parental rights, and filed for divorce. She doesn't deserve to be the mother of those kids.

A

Anonymous

I think the only reason why she's doing all this now (IF this is true) is because she's what? Pushing 50, lonely, and realizing that she has two healthy children that she doesn't even have relations with.

I don't know what went on with her before, none of us do. But at least, AT LEAST, I think she does at least deserve a second try. No matter how much people don't see her as fit, without her, MJ wouldn't even have Prince and Paris. She gave MJ what I'm sure put more meaning into his life. The greatest gift he could get.

She seems like a really unstable woman though. No one is saying they have to all have some tearful reunion where she tells the kids she their mother, but at least something. Seeing what she did on 'Take 2' and then at the trial is enough for me to want to at least see her given a TRY.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Again everything we're saying is premised on this news being "true":

I don't think she deserves a damn thing. For those who don't know, Celebrity Justice posted the transcript of her hearing where SHE filed to terminate her parental rights.

Excerpts:
  • Q. Do you wish to communicate with the children?
    A. No.

Q. Do you ever have the desire to call the children over the telephone?
    A. No.

Q. Do you have a desire to send any cards or letters to the children?
    A. No.

Q. Do you want the court to terminate your parental right?
    A. Yes.
    (pg 6-7, lines 20-13)
She said then she had no desire to contact or call Michael Jackson's kids.

And this:
  • A. …These are his children. I had the children for him. They wouldn’t be on this planet if it wasn’t for my love of him. I did it for him to become a father. Not for me to become a mother. You earn the title parent. I have done absolutely nothing to earn that title.
    (pg 8, 4-9)
And being questioned by her own attorney here:
  • Q. Talking about “understand,” do you understand that in the future you will not be able to go back into court to reinstate your parental right?
    A. I understand that.

Q. Have you ever considered the possibility if Michael should die, what would happen to the children?
    A. I’m sure he’s — he has a wonderful person in mind to take care of them.

Q. You understand that you will not have the right to take care of the children?
    A. No. And I don’t want to. And — not that I don’t love them. I do. I think they’re adorable. They’re his kids. They’re his kids. They’re not my kids. They’re his kids.
    (pg 8-9, 22-10)
After this, you don't get a second chance. She had a full year to think about this before she officially terminated her parental rights. Now she's not getting her monthly bankroll and all of a sudden, she wanna be somebody's mama?? Hell no.

A

Anonymous

But it's not like she gave them up out of malice. Like she hated Michael and just wanted nothing to do with him.

Even on LWMJ, MJ still spoke of her kindly.

I hate seeing stuff like this, parents fighting...because it really has nothing to do with the parents and everything to do with the children at stake. Sure, her coming back into their lives telling them 'I AM YOUR MOTHER' will surely mess them up a little, but that's why it has to be a gradual process. Introduction as a friend so they can see how they like her, and so Michael can see if Debbie is going to be an unstable, unreliable mother.

You have to try everything you can IMO. MJ once said he couldn't imagine growing up w/o the love of a mother. You have try, if it fails...then when they are older he can tell them honestely that their mother wasn't able to handle her responsibilities. I know she messed up the first time, but like I said, seeing how she wants the chance now...I say try, if it doesn't work out then it doesn't. At least MJ could say he tried everything.

I see people on forums get so worked up and angry like it was them who was personally affected by this and I don't get it.

I can't say it enough. If Debbie REALLY wanted the $$$$ and everything, she would have screwed him over already. Debbie could seriously mess Michael up. She would NOT have did what she did at the trial. She would have followed the trend set by all the other backstabbers and lied. Not only did she tell the truth, but she actually got mad at the notion that MJ was a bad person. She would not have done 'Take 2', unless you agree with the report that she was paid to say everything. But then again, she could easily have testified to that during the trial, but she didn't.

I find it very hard to hate Debbie.

Tiger Lilly

Q. Do you wish to communicate with the children?
A. No.

Q. Do you ever have the desire to call the children over the telephone?
A. No.

Q. Do you have a desire to send any cards or letters to the children?
A. No.

Q. Do you want the court to terminate your parental right?
A. Yes.
(pg 6-7, lines 20-13)
I'm not trying to be on Michael's side and agree with everything he wants. Same for Debbie. Instead I'm trying to think of Prince and Paris. Imagine them reading what Debbie said above when they're older. If that was my mother, openly admitting without an ounce of guilt that she didn't even want to send me a birthday card when I was a kid, saying I'm not her child, then I wouldn't be her child.

Like whisper said, it just seems very nicely timed now that she's not getting paid anymore... She just wants to turn up when it all suits her. I don't think she's thinking of the children at all. She' just claiming she's concerned to get what she wants. She knows damn well those children are safe with Michael.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly@Dec 20 2005, 01:24 PM
I'm not trying to be on Michael's side and agree with everything he wants. Same for Debbie. Instead I'm trying to think of Prince and Paris. Imagine them reading what Debbie said above when they're older. If that was my mother, openly admitting without an ounce of guilt that she didn't even want to send me a birthday card when I was a kid, saying I'm not her child, then I wouldn't be her child.

Like whisper said, it just seems very nicely timed now that she's not getting paid anymore... She just wants to turn up when it all suits her. I don't think she's thinking of the children at all. She' just claiming she's concerned to get what she wants. She knows damn well those children are safe with Michael.

But wasn't she already trying to get custody even before MJ cut off her payments? He only cut them off when she did that crying mess on Entertainment Tonight.

I'm not seeing how getting joint custody is going to help her get money because it's not. In fact, it would only put more financial strain on her because she would have to dish out money to start supporting them.

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by ~Vicky~@Dec 20 2005, 06:30 PM
But wasn't she already trying to get custody even before MJ cut off her payments? He only cut them off when she did that crying mess on Entertainment Tonight.
I'm not completely sure... I thought her payments stopped just before the ET mess. I remember a lot of people speculating that's a reason why she did the interview in the first place.

But I might be wrong. :)

edit I don't think it's about getting money now. She got her money by not being a mother. Now that's stopped she'll have her cake and eat it by (attempting to) get custody as well.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly@Dec 20 2005, 01:33 PM
I'm not completely sure... I thought her payments stopped just before the ET mess. I remember a lot of people speculating that's a reason why she did the interview in the first place.

But I might be wrong. :)

Hmm. All the reports say it was because of the ET stuff and what other grounds would MJ have for terminating their agreement? She didn't speak to the media up until that point, except for 'Take 2' and MJ asked her to do that.

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by ~Vicky~@Dec 20 2005, 06:37 PM
Hmm. All the reports say it was because of the ET stuff and what other grounds would MJ have for terminating their agreement? She didn't speak to the media up until that point, except for 'Take 2' and MJ asked her to do that.
I heard Michael agreed to pay her up to a certain point and that passed before the ET interview. :idontknow I dunno, I heard too many rumours...

A

Anonymous

:lol:

I guess we'll see how it turns out. We only hope for the best! :D

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Giving people 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances is why he's been so taken advantage of. Once you show your true colors, that's the way it is. You shouldn't get a 2nd and 3rd chance to be a mama especially after it has been made clear that once you hand over your parental rights, that's it.

And ESEPCIALLY after the things she said. I mean she literally said that these kids wouldn't exist had it not been for Michael Jackson.

Perfect example of him giving a person a 2nd chance: He have a 2nd and 3rd chance to Marcel Avram. He even went to visit this man in jail in Germany. Avram was in jail for tax evasion. That bastard is suing him AGAIN trying to get as much money he can get.

Giving people 2nd and 3rd chances with his children is NOT an option. How does he know SHE isn't the one that's going to kidnap those kids and take them somewhere -- with the help of these disgusting bitches who have been trying to get someone to take those kids away from him for years?

She is unstable and she will, apparently, believe whatever some nut is telling her about a situation she knows nothing about and shouldn't know anything about.

And, as the parent, he has to look at it this way: What happens if he does decide to let her back in and 9 months, a year and a half, 2 years from now she decides AGAIn that she really doesn't want to be a mother? And she exits AGAIN? What kind of effect will that have on HIS children?

Hell no she doesn't deserve any parental rights.

And for some reason, someone is trying to figure out a way to get Michael Jackson to come back to this country before the year is out. I don't know what they're trying to pull, but somebody's "plan" can't start to go into action unless he is back in this country. And if they have to spur Rowe into being the one to do it, then that's what they will do. And this is just the latest attempt to force him back.

If I was Mike, I'd send a big "F- YOU" to all of these people.

A

Anonymous

But whisper, we don't even know the full story. What exactly it is that she did that is soooo bad that he's ignoring her requests? We don't know. So we can't compare it to other people just yet.

Also, when we are dealing with familial matters, I'd say it deserves more consideration than that of some concert promoter MJ could give a crap about. It's not like it's affecting his life.

There are many ways to work around this. Supervised visits is one of many options. As if Michael is just going to give the kids to her and leave them to fend for themselves? :lol:

That's not being suggested, not by me.

I don't think this has much to do with money. Debbie can get her money if five seconds by giving an interview to ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX...ect. Magazines, talk shows, books...you name it. Isn't it how everyone else made theirs? And Debbie Rowe will most def. get money, because she isn't some nobody that people don't care about. (Dimond, Brown..ect.)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by ~Vicky~@Dec 20 2005, 01:20 PM
But whisper, we don't even know the full story. What exactly it is that she did that is soooo bad that he's ignoring her requests? We don't know. So we can't compare it to other people just yet.

Also, when we are dealing with familial matters, I'd say it deserves more consideration than that of some concert promoter MJ could give a crap about. It's not like it's affecting his life.

There are many ways to work around this. Supervised visits is one of many options. As if Michael is just going to give the kids to her and leave them to fend for themselves? :lol:

That's not being suggested, not by me.

I don't think this has much to do with money. Debbie can get her money if five seconds by giving an interview to ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX...ect. Magazines, talk shows, books...you name it. Isn't it how everyone else made theirs? And Debbie Rowe will most def. get money, because she isn't some nobody that people don't care about. (Dimond, Brown..ect.)

As we've said before, this entire discussion is premised on the TMZ information being true. That statement was made very early on in this discussion. If this isn't true, then this entire discussion can be disregarded.

Assuming this is true, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Once a person shows their true colors, there is no longer a question about what should be done.

I use to keep very quiet about Rowe and I used to close discussions about this issue. But again if this is true, she's taken this out of a realm of "let's work it out", to the realm of asking a judge to order that Jackson return to the US and surender his passport. Hell no.

Rowe tore up her ticket with the media when she got on that stand and didn't say what prosecutors (and media) wanted her to say. She'll be treated just like those 2 flip flopping jurors if she tries NOW to go to a bunch of outlets and make accusations. They were toasted and she would be to. So, no, she can't go "make money" that easily. That ship has sailed.

But like I said, this wasn't an issue AT ALL until after those checks stopped coming in. Even after these allegations were made, she didn't raise a fuss about it.

I didn't say she was carbon copy of Avram. I said she can be compared directly to Marcel Avram on the level of people being given 2nd and 3rd chances only to disappoint. That was solely the comparison I made.

A

Anonymous

And for some reason, someone is trying to figure out a way to get Michael Jackson to come back to this country before the year is out. I don't know what they're trying to pull, but somebody's "plan" can't start to go into action unless he is back in this country. And if they have to spur Rowe into being the one to do it, then that's what they will do. And this is just the latest attempt to force him back.

If I was Mike, I'd send a big "F- YOU" to all of these people.

MJ IS going to have to come back. He left right after the trial and had all these pending lawsuits even before he decided to leave. I don't know that he thought he wouldn't ever have to come back...he literally up and left. You can't just do that when you have your whole life in this country.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by ~Vicky~@Dec 20 2005, 01:28 PM
MJ IS going to have to come back. He left right after the trial and had all these pending lawsuits even before he decided to leave. I don't know that he thought he wouldn't ever have to come back...he literally up and left. You can't just do that when you have your whole life in this country.
Well apparently, his whole life isn't in this country.