Do we know why Michael wanted Murray to be his doctor?

Palmyra

According to Randy Phillips, one of the AEG guys, Michael specifically requested Murray. I know some of you guys don't trust AEG, but there is every reason to believe Michael wanted Murray. Michael met Murray, I believe, in 2006 (or maybe 2005), long before This is It came into picture. According to Phillips, Michael didn't want just any doctor; he insisted on Murray (even if it meant an outrageous salary for Murray!).

Let's back up for a second: if you want good care, does it really matter who your doctor is? Sure, some people like their doctors so much, they always return to those doctors, but any good doctor could have done the same job. Besides, Murray is a cardiologist ("heart doctor"). It makes absolutely no sense for Michael to ask for Murray unless, of course, Michael had his mind on the propofol and perhaps he knew Murray was the right person to go to for propofol. He could only have known Murray to be the right drug dealer if he had gotten propofol (the drug) from Murray before. Why would you ask for a drug dealer you've never done business with before? I suspect Michael received propofol from Murray between 2006 and 2008 (This is It was announced early 2009). But Michael wasn't touring between 2006 and 2008!

The irony of Michael's choice is astounding: the doctor he chose is the man who made Michael's death possible.

We will know more once Murray is arrested.

Saphster

I don't believe that Michael ever wanted Murray to be his doctor. There were plenty of sharks around Michael. I know that Michael had people close to him who wanted to hurt him. I just don't believe Michael was making all his decisions...

Shannon

Saphster;232177 said:
I don't believe that Michael ever wanted Murray to be his doctor. There were plenty of sharks around Michael. I know that Michael had people close to him who wanted to hurt him. I just don't believe Michael was making all his decisions...

I know, and that is a theory I know many disagree with, as well as agree with. I go both ways, personally. Some days Ithink Murray is just a scapegoat, that many are behind it, but other days...it sounds like we just want everyone to hurt as much as we do and therefore blame everyone. I don't know. I also heard AEG was the one who hired Murray, and Ortega named him as one of the top 10 doctors in the world. But, having said that, I do understand that Michael wanted him in that case, it was easier to get the meds through him than a whole new one during the tour.

MJfan01'

Murray is the reason Michael is dead, but I'm sure other doctors were involved in the past. Who should also be prosecuted.I don't think we will ever really know. The only one who could answer most of these question is gone.

Shannon

MJfan01';232215 said:
Murray is the reason Michael is dead, but I'm sure other doctors were involved in the past. Who should also be prosecuted.I don't think we will ever really know. The only one who could answer most of these question is gone.

True. I also think Dr. Arnold Klein is very much to blame.