Dr. Conrad Murray Ordered to Stand Trial

Teva

I think it means plea guilty and have a reduced sentence. I think he should. I will post what I said on another board.

Some media outlets appear to be pro-Michael Jackson and support Murray standing trial. Personally I don’t believe this is a change in tide, but a continuation from 2005. It is within the media’s best interest to have another Michael Jackson trial. They don’t care about justice for Michael, or a doctor acting inappropiately this is all about ratings and selling papers. A Murray trial would mean new information from the defense about MJ’s personal life which would satisfy the media’s appitite for scandal. It would mean 5 months of tabloid fodder, and at the end a possible tell-all book by Murray to pay for his legal fees.

IMO it is in Michael Jackson’s best interest if Murray changed his plea to guilty, hence avoiding the pending media circus. I recently heard the argument that if the trial took place the prosecution which has been vilifing MJ for years would be forced to say positive things about him — true. However I think a trial can do great damage and the fans would be force to undo a lot of things said.

I also think if a plea deal is offered to Murray he will not accept. I can’t see him pleaing guilty and risk having his medical license permanently suspended. All he needs to do is establish reasonable doubt, and that campaign has already started. The prosecution threw alot of dirt during the prelims, at this point he has nothing to lose. Besides, if this goes to trial, and he is found guilty the judge can still sentence him to probation. There is also the civil suit. If he plea bargains that will make wining a civil suit alot harder, but if he wins in the criminal trial, it will help his civil case.

shelly

Teva said:
I think it means plea guilty and have a reduced sentence. I think he should. I will post what I said on another board.

I think he should, what he did is terrible. By the way, is it even legal to bring Propofol to someone else's house.

I agree with you on the media and I think it's going to be very dirty but I don't know if it will be that bad for MJ because he is already seen as a freak.

armcjackson

Teva said:

I think he should too, we'll just have to wait and see.

Teva

DirtyDiana87 said:
Hell NO!!! He should not plea bargin that bastard deserves more than what he is getting.

I don’t believe Murray deserves to get off, and they should be consequences for his actions. I equate it this way. If I were driving and not paying due care and attention to the road, and it caused an accident which took someone’s life then yes I should be punished. It was not my intent to cause an accident, but I should not have been texting while driving. I don’t think (at least I haven’t seen proof) that it was Murray’s intention to kill Michael, but he should not have been doing what he did.

The prosecution can charge for more, but it would be hard to prove it; meanwhile, Murray will put on a defense which will of course drag Michael through the mud.

I also believe if he were offered a plea deal his lawyers would not want him to accept it either. This is a lawyer’s dream; it is a high profile case which means maximum exposure for them (Mesereau is now renown). They could also collect from Murray if he were to write a tell all book because we know he has no money at the moment. I don’t believe there will be plea bargain, and the case will definitely go to trial.

As a bonus if there is no trial there is no Diane Dimond. Media are only interested in what she has to say if she is talking about MJ. I can see her trying to peddle another book about this trial: "Becareful What You Do".