Elizabeth Taylor needs to set the record straight soon

Palmyra

We all realize Elizabeth Taylor will not be around for much longer. She looks very frail and is not becoming younger by the day. Incidentally, she was one of Michael's very, very closest friends. Up to the day of his death, she was still regularly communicating with him.

Because time is running out, she needs to counter all of the BS that people have said about Michael. If all of the trash-talkers are going on the record, Taylor should do it, too.

I don't want Michael's personal business out there, but someone needs to fight the negative with the positive. Let's put the positive anecdotes about Michael on the record.

HeavenSent

Yeah, she should...but I don't think it's fair to place any expectations on her. I adore Elizabeth and I can't even begin to relate to how difficult it's been for her. The loss of one of her best friends, plus her failing health. But if she's not physically or emotionally able to address the public, I understand. Perhaps she can write an open letter and get it published.

I do agree wholeheartedly that the personal, positive anecdotes need to be pushed hard. It's so unfair that it has to come to this. It's not going to change everyone's minds, but at least it will be out there.

MJfan01'

Positive news doesn't sell unfortunately. There have been many people who have said wonderful things about Michael, including Elizaebth Taylor. It would be nice if all of Michael's true friends set the record straight with the media actaully reporting on it. There are many positive stories about Michael out there but the media is not going to report it like they do the "drama" stories.

Saphster

If I were Elizabeth Taylor I surely wouldn't be spending the rest of my years trying to set records straight. Do you know how much she would have to talk about? All of that stress could just cause her to...have a attack or something. It may sound weird but I sort of admire how she's staying out of the spotlight. She's not trying to get 15 minutes of fame like every other person out there. I think she was one of the true friends Michael could count on. She obviously is mourning in private.

Michael could have set the record straight many times but he chose not to. In some interviews, he did set records straight but nothing major. So I don't really see why Elizabeth should.

Palmyra;222336 said:
We all realize Elizabeth Taylor will not be around for much longer. She looks very frail and is not becoming younger by the day. Incidentally, she was one of Michael's very, very closest friends. Up to the day of his death, she was still regularly communicating with him.

Because time is running out, she needs to counter all of the BS that people have said about Michael. If all of the trash-talkers are going on the record, Taylor should do it, too.

I don't want Michael's personal business out there, but someone needs to fight the negative with the positive. Let's put the positive anecdotes about Michael on the record.

I see what you're saying, and I would definitely love to hear some nice anecdotes of Michael, but I almost feel like because Elizabeth Taylor is frail and having health issues, well, she needs to take care of herself... so, do I think she has a duty to fight all the BS people are saying? No. I don't. I feel like that's a lot of pressure. And, well, friendship is given without expectations. She gave him a genuine friendship while he was alive, and she made him happy with her sincerity, love, and, most importantly... her ability to respect his privacy. She was extremely close to him and I think part of the reason why her friendship has such strength and credibility as well as impact, it is because she's one of the people that have remained silent. I don't know. I just don't like you calling her out like this--it's like demanding she become a superhero. I would understand if you had generalized it more and said, 'it's time MJs true, close friends came out and told the truth...' But the thing is, even then I probably wouldn't feel comfortable with it... I don't know. I guess I think of it on a personal level and if I died and had told my secrets and had shared important private moments with someone, I wouldn't want them blasting it out, even if it was in an attempt to preserve my memory... it's like it would break the initial trust invested in the relationship. I don't know. :unsure: I just don't think I would like it... but if she ever does do it, power to her.

Cristine87

I wonder why Michael never married her? They seemed like they would be perfect for eachother, and I know the age difference wouldn't matter cause MJ had 29 years on me and he still could've had me on housewife status!

oldschoolfan

Cristine87;222367 said:
I wonder why Michael never married her? They seemed like they would be perfect for eachother, and I know the age difference wouldn't matter cause MJ had 29 years on me and he still could've had me on housewife status!

I think sometimes a true great friendship can be better than marriage. Elizabeth has said in the past that her friendship with Michael has lasted longer than any of her marriages, why ruin it by getting married? Especially if they weren't IN love with each other.

privacy

I disagree. She's such a fantastic woman and is clearly hugely shaken by this whole thing. She could sit there telling everyone how fantastic he was until she's blue in the face. It won't change any opinions, papers won't headline with, 'we were wrong', and it certainly wouldn't do her any good. Why be a public spectacle re-hashing how amazing your best friend was? No. It's private for her.

Saphster

But you know what? I understand why a fan would want someone to come out and say all the truths about Michael's life. I wish that could happen too! But, of course there will always be people who will never ever believe it!

oldschoolfan

It's funny how the people who need to keep their mouths shut tend to open them, while the people who need to open them keep them shut.

HeavenSent

From a Brazilian web site, roughly translated:

ac8vmd.jpg

Michael Jackson's children, Prince, Paris and Blanket were photographed on Monday (the 12th) while leaving Elizabeth Taylor's house in Los Angeles. They were accompanied by their driver and also their nanny, Grace Rwaramba.

The children visited the actress, who was a great friend of the popstar and recently underwent heart surgery. Once realizing the presence of the paparazzi, the trio duck to avoid being photographed.
http://revistaquem.globo.com/Revista/Quem/...ETH+TAYLOR.html

----
This is really tabloidy....but since this is about Liz, I thought it timely. Her health is not the best. Now isn't the time to be placing expectations on her. I pray for her recovery.

Saphster

Wow. People better not say that Michael is covering his children's faces anymore! They chose not to be photographed!

I bet people will say they were trained to dodge the paps. :rolleyes:

HeavenSent

I rather have them duck than to give them the satisfaction of seeing their faces. All this yip yap about them wearing masks, like it was psychologically damaging to them. As if THIS isn't?

Ben

I don't think Elizabeth Taylor has anything to set straight about Michael. Out of all of Michael's famous friends she was always publically the most supportive. Anything she say's positive Michael, the media have said she's mad and know they would just say she's senile and has no idea what she's talking about.

privacy

Ben;222680 said:
I don't think Elizabeth Taylor has anything to set straight about Michael. Out of all of Michael's famous friends she was always publically the most supportive. Anything she say's positive Michael, the media have said she's mad and know they would just say she's senile and has no idea what she's talking about.

Exactly. I completely agree.

MJfan01'

Elizabeth Taylor was actually out taking the kids to a Halloween park. So, she is doing all that needs to be done. Being a friend to Michael's children as she was to their father.