Fahrenheit 9/11 - A brilliant movie

Shannon

Okay, you might be asking yourself where the hell I have been the last couple of years right now, but seriously, don't judge me too hard. :lol I have to admit I don't exactly set off time to watch movies, not even the ones I really want to see. Yeah, I have had my share of arched eyebrows when I tell people that.

Anyways, yesterday was the big day. :D A Norwegian TV-channel was broadcasting one of the many films I'd love to take time out and watch - Fahrenheit 9/11. It was perhaps one of my busiest days, but still I watched it. And I'll never regret I did.

Michael Moore is one brilliant man. I've always thought so. This movie captivated me from the first second, and even though my expectations were already high, I have to admit it was even better than I thought it was. It has been a long time since I enjoyed watching something as much as I did with that movie. There were parts I thought was amusing, but the whole documentary was in fact nothing but sad. Pure sad. :glare:

I know this has been a subject in this forum many times, but I just wanted to tell about my little experience. :p Fahrenheit 9/11 made me really think. Not just regarding George W. Bush, but so much more than that.

God, if only a similar documentary could be made about Michael Jackson. That could turn out to be a great story.

mysteriousone

Don't worry, Veronica, I haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11 yet:mellow: :lol So wherever you've been I've been too:lol

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it, because I've now decided I'm going to visit my Video Store and hire the DVD sometime soon!:D

Mysti!

Shannon

mysteriousone said:
Don't worry, Veronica, I haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11 yet:mellow: :lol So wherever you've been I've been too:lol

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it, because I've now decided I'm going to visit my Video Store and hire the DVD sometime soon!:D

Mysti!
Ohh, please do, sweetheart. :D You won't regret it, I promise. Though, I'm not quite sure what kind of movies you like. :lol Tell me when you've seen it, okay? ;)

ctlover

I saw it in the theater and people actually clapped at the end. That's the only movie I've been to where that's happened.

ctlover said:
I saw it in the theater and people actually clapped at the end. That's the only movie I've been to where that's happened.

Here too! :D LOL

I love, Love, LOVEEEE Fahrenheit 9/11! :D It's such a powerful, touching, and informative piece, one that really gets you thinking. I know a lot of critics say that it was "all based on Michael Moore's opinion", but it's more than that. Actually, as you probably already realized, most of the revealations that came out in the film were from other people and sources. Moore was merely interviewing them a lot of the time. So, yeah, he might have his stance, but he totally backs it up!

I love Michael Moore. :D Have any of you ever seen "Bowling for Columbine", too? Great movie as well. He's one of my heroes. :8-26-03respect:

mysteriousone

Shannon said:
Ohh, please do, sweetheart. :D You won't regret it, I promise. Though, I'm not quite sure what kind of movies you like. :lol Tell me when you've seen it, okay? ;)

What kind of movies I like? Hmm....let me see:g oh depends on what sort of mood I'm in, I guess:wink :lol

But yes, I'll let you know what I think of it once I've seen it:D

Mysti

Shannon

InspirationMoonwalks said:
Here too! LOL

I love, Love, LOVEEEE Fahrenheit 9/11! It's such a powerful, touching, and informative piece, one that really gets you thinking. I know a lot of critics say that it was "all based on Michael Moore's opinion", but it's more than that. Actually, as you probably already realized, most of the revealations that came out in the film were from other people and sources. Moore was merely interviewing them a lot of the time. So, yeah, he might have his stance, but he totally backs it up!

I love Michael Moore. :D Have any of you ever seen "Bowling for Columbine", too? Great movie as well. He's one of my heroes. :8-26-03respect:
Definitely. :) The second I began watching it, I was as glued to the screen. My mom, who didn't watch it, gave me some weird looks sometimes. :lol :lol

I could talk about this forever, but quite frankly, I think it's a movie you need to see more than once. I mean, all the details... the way he used the music to the different scenes, the western movie part of it... God, I loved that one. :lol It's just... phenomenal. :8-26-03respect: