Finding Neverland

frozen rose

( before we begin, I would just like to say that I thought I will repost this story, which used to be called 'Welcome to Never Land' - like 'Essence of Love' - it will have a sequel. The characters will be in the blend. I hope you enjoy )

Introduction

It was in the middle of the coldest winter - Michael Jackson was inside his house, by the crackling warmth of the fire. He was in the nearest armchair, drinking a huge mug of hot chocolate to keep himself warm; from outside the window, ice and snow covered the premises of Never Land Valley Ranch; it was like Antarctica out there. He eyed the entire 200 acre surroundings, as he sighed in bemusement.

"Goodness, this is going to be the worse, yet the best winter California will ever experience I would say" Michael told himself, just as his frozen lips placed themselves onto the warmed up mug, to take another sip of the boiling hot chocolate.

Snow began to fall; there were big, chunks of it out there - California was certainly going to be Antarctica by the end of this winter. Michael sighed, as he placed the mug onto a hand carved, pine coffee table, and rested his head onto his wrist.

It was around 7pm at night, and it had become quite dark; the sun was beginning to sink under the horizon. The fire reflected his silhouette onto the darkening walls of the room.

His eyes were intense and forced within the rising full moon; that strangely seemed yellow, as the atmosphere was hiding and forcing back the light - his mind was drifting elsewhere; the blanket that withdrawal the cold started to slip down from upon his lap...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

... Michael reawakes to find the fire had faded, and the room was dark. He slightly panicked, as he had no idea where he was; his vision had completely gone insane, it could not detect his surroundings that quickly; so, as clumsy and accident-prone as Michael was, Michael tripped up over the coffee table, and stupidly flexed into a forward roll... banging his head onto something hard.

"Ow" Michael hissed, as he placed his hand into his sore head. Feeling around, Michael reached out to grab the couch, so he could straighten himself out and find his way up the small stairs to his bedroom...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Help! Help me!" a young, feminime voice cried into the gates of Never Land Ranch, it was quite early into the morning... around 6am.

Michael stirred in his sleep, as he finally gave into the helpless cries. He sat up eruptly, searching around the room - it was still quite dark outside. Michael frowned in bemusement and confusion.

"What on Earth?" Michael questioned the situation.

Slipping out of the heat filled duvet covers, Michael walked over to the closed windows... well, and patio doors that opened up to a balcony. With little struggle, Michael opened the doors and walked outside into the black morning, scanning the area. His eyes inspected the grounds below, until he spotted an injured child at the gates of his home; blood had truly been shed.

"Good Lord!" Michael thought aloud, as he started to run to the scene...

frozen rose

Chapter One

... Snow once again started to fall, but this time, it was like a blizzard; this made Michael come to his senses as he slipped on his large, tanned, sheep skinned decorated coat (check signature/advertisement for story for the coat described). His hair started to fly within the cold, ice breezes that pulled and tugged at it hair like a huge pair of unseen hands. The struggle to get to the gate was horrendous; Michael's legs could barely move within the 4ft of snow that was pulling his weight downwards.

He groaned in annoyance, as the strength that he had to put into the walking was tiring him out. He huffed and puffed, as the sun started to rise into the cold depths of the horrific morning, thick, white clouds were still the masters of the skies, pouring down the hard, and whip like force of the winter's wind. Michael gritted his teeth, and tightened his grip onto the front parts of his body, to strengthen the heat.

The small, lifeless little girl, that was as white as the snow itself - as her attackers stripped her of her clothing and left her to freeze. As Michael focused onto the small, pathetic body, his speed was quickening; his feet practically swam through the blanket of snow.

"Oh God" Michael gasped, just as he got there on time, to rescue the poor soul. Forcing open the gates, Michael took the topless child into his arms, and carried her back into the house, with fewer struggles, thank God...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Mummy...?" the small girl's desperate cries murmured into Michael's sensitive ears.

Michael removed his eye contact with the piece of paper that was in her pocket, to meet the eyes of a pretty little girl; with the most amazing complexion of Californian skin, and emerald green eyes, her hair was straightened, with little wisps of wavy ends, it was the color of the lightest of all house mice... brunette. He released a reassuring smile, as he placed the piece of paper down onto the earlier described coffee table.

Sunrise had just broken into daylight; as the sun had just become the king of the day, to show off its extraordinary power of light, and the haunting snow was stripped away, bit by bit, to be taken over by frost covered grass, with existent dew dripping off the fairground rides and branches of trees. The girl was certainly a good luck charm for Michael.

"I'm sorry, little one - I'm afraid I am not who you claim me to be" Michael sadly eyed the child, as he explained with great sorrow.

She looked around her new surroundings; it was a beautifully painted, natural brown and greens, from the floor to the ceiling. The curtains were of the deepest red... crimson red to be exact, made of the purest velvet; they just met the soft floor nicely, emphasizing it's mythical look.

Pictures of this man were found twice, one right in front of her, and the other behind her; that strangely enough led to a personal library.

The little girl slowly checked herself out; she was in unfamiliar clothing; a pair of baby pink pajama bottoms, with a matching top, it was a button up one too - with rose pink buttons. Her bottom lip started to quiver, as she choked back tears; all this was so new to her, never had she been so nicely treated - even by a stranger.

"Ssh, it's alright" Michael cooed, as he picked her out from a warmed up duvet, and placed her into his arms, to hug and sooth her. He gently brushed his hand down her soft, silky hair, as she started to cry loudly. "I know you’re scared, honey, it's alright"

"Who are you?" she sniffed and stuttered between her tears, as Michael broke the bond between them to look at her softly; at the same time brushing his thumb down her soft, dampened, innocent face, to wipe away the tears.

"My name, is Michael, you can call me Mike or MJ" he introduced. "What's your name?"

"Emerald... Emerald Sanchez. You can call me Emz, Emma and Emily, for short" she sniffed.

"Emerald, you have the most beautiful name in the whole of California"...

frozen rose

( more is now coming up )

Chapter One (continued)

"Thank you" Emerald sniffed, as she once again hugged Michael tightly; wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek softly. "I'm hungry"

Michael started to laugh slightly, as he brushed his smooth, pale hand through her silky hair, and craned his neck further into her own, connecting like a puzzle. He unlocked himself from her hold and gripped onto her delicate build of arms gently. He smiled.

"What do you want to eat? - Just make sure that you are limited, as for the moment, the fridge hasn't got its full maintenance of food just yet. I need to go shopping later" Michael offered.

"A marmite sandwich, please" Emerald she smiled innocently. "As I have a sore throat, from all the screaming"

"Aww..." Michael frowned, and hugged her tightly once more, before placing her back under the covers and kissing her forehead, wrapping the duvet around her neck, to keep it warm. She too copied his gesture and smiled. "One marmite sandwich coming up" Michael returned the smile, before getting up and walking over to a newly washed kitchen.

"Thank you" she acknowledged his kind soul, and laid onto her side and sighed. She tugged her aching legs; she placed herself into a fetal position and waited patiently...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

... Michael came back 2 minutes after her request, to check up on the poor soul, with the sandwich filled plate within his hand. He peaked his head through the door and noticed that she was slowly drifting off to sleep. He sighed quietly and shook his head, and giggled slightly.

"Hey sleepyhead" Michael whispered gently, as he walked up to the drowsy child, rubbing her disguised leg while placing himself next to her.

Emerald's eyes were half open, as she blinked a few times, still experiencing blurry vision. She sensed his presence, and smiled weakly, just as she took the offered plate from his hands and begun to eat it slowly. Michael tilted his head to the side and gave the girl a caring gaze, just before he placed his warm hand onto her rosy cheek.

"You're not feeling to well, are you?" He warmly spoke.

She shook her head in sorrow. "I think I’ve got a bad cold"

Michael tutted and kissed her cheek softly. "Well, once you've finished your brunch, I'll give you come calpole, to sooth any symptoms of the cold and pain, okay?"

Emerald nodded, as she continued to eat her sandwich. Michael smirked, while ruffling her hair slightly, before getting up swiftly into his office.

frozen rose

(Sorry for the long wait. I was struggling for ideas)

Chapter One (continued)

...Weeks had passed, and Emerald had smoothly recovered. She was up and about; helping Michael around the house. This pleased him; as he was worried about her never recovering at first; but on the other hand, he was quite chuffed, as he surely did a good job nursing her back to health.

It was still quite cold; however it was spring; flowers were starting to bloom, trees recovered from their tragic slumber and flourished with newly green leaves. It turned Saturday; a Saturday afternoon, to be precise. Michael and Emerald were bored out of their skulls. All they wanted to do that day was lounge around for a few hours.

The good thing was Michael and Emerald bonded well; it was an instant father/daughter relationship. That day, they just relaxed, and watched television for a bit. Michael of course needed to be in the furthest end of the room; as the sun's ray were rather strong that time in the afternoon.

Emerald had her legs cross, holding the remote control in her hand of course; she seemed to be in trance. That day; she wore a pair of peddle-pusher designed, bleached blue jeans; with an embroided butterfly on her left legged thigh, and a sleeveless baby pink, baggy shirt. Her hair was neatly done in a tight pony-tail. Michael was busy reading a book; every now and then he would glance over to see her looking dumb as she was so into the television. He chuckled.

"Emz; come on now, you're gonna get square eyes if you stare into it", he would always say. Every single she will snap out of the trance.

"No I'm not" she would always say.

But now, this was the last straw, he narrowed his eyes at her playfully. A sly smile would creep upon his face, before he slowly placed his book down; being replaced by a cushion. Emerald looked at him and cocked an eyebrow. Michael continued to update his smile with a more devilish one. She gulped... as she knew what this meant... and before she knew it... WHAM... the cushion hit her. Michael smiled; obviously chuffed with himself. She gasped sarcastically, grabbed a cushion and returned it. Very soon they were having a "cushion" fight (LOL). Their laughs were loud enough to wake the dead.

Suddenly, she pounced on top of him, pinning him down, as she sat on his belly. Michael groaned as he felt his stomach churn.

"Bloody hell!” he would choke slightly.

Emerald giggled, as she continued to whack him with the cushion; Michael off course stopped, took her off him as he sat up. He dropped his pillow and took hers away from as he started to run away with it.

"Catch me if ya can... slow couch!” he teased, as she gasped and started to run after him. This went on for AN HOUR...