Guess what?

Annieruok7

I went to the music store to buy The Essential MJ, and the guy told me to come back next week...because they didn't have anymore!!!! He went back to the stock room to double check...

In all the time I have been a fan, that has never happened!!!!

Pleasant surprise,

Annie

abbymjgirl

That's kewl, actually. So, you haven't gotten your copy? I did. But, there was only a little when I went to go get mine.

-JANIE-

I was really worried yesterday, because it was on the news here that Michael has only sold 8,500 copies of the album in the United States.

I read this in a newspaper, (and a british tabloid at that) but still :S I was a bit anxious. It said that Carly Simon or someone had sold more in the first week.

Over here, it was number one in the Sainsburys (supermarket) chart, so.... I dont know whats going on...

TabloidTrasher

Michael has always sold less albums in the United States. ((Because of the damn trials...)) So THAT comes as no surprise... But if it IS only 8,500 copies...that IS a surprise...

What's happening to our Michael? We need to get out there and support him 1000000% But how? Got any ideas?

I bought my copy at a BORDERS ((Which is a book/c.d./cafe/movie store for those who aren't aware)) and there was only 2 copies in the case...

Shannon

Yeah, a norwegian newspaper reported the same thing yesterday, but they said only 8000 american had bought it. They didnt even mention the 1. chart in UK. The whole article was full of non-facts and the journalist also claimed that his fans had let him down and dont want to buy his records anymore. :cryptic It was so stupid and Im so sick of it. :throwings I will never let Michael down - and I believe Im not alone on that. We will always love him :heart2:

DaNcInG mAcHiNe

Originally posted by JANIE
I was really worried yesterday, because it was on the news here that Michael has only sold 8,500 copies of the album in the United States.

I read this in a newspaper, (and a british tabloid at that) but still :S I was a bit anxious. It said that Carly Simon or someone had sold more in the first week.

Over here, it was number one in the Sainsburys (supermarket) chart, so.... I dont know whats going on...
I went into Sainsbury's today and saw it at number 4,but i do know it was at number one there a week or so ago....But i also saw it at number one in WHSmith a week back. I think that figure(8,500 copies) could just be something the tabloids made up...i'm not sure...

HeavenSent

I'm not overly concerned w/the Essentials sales here. While it would be great for it to have big #'s, this is a greatest hits package. The 3rd in a row, right? With almost 0 promotion. It's a symbolic thing to have huge numbers...But this is NOT a career breaker.

The media will do anything to make it read as though this is an indication of his fading star...But c'mon. Any artist--I don't care WHO you are--is not going to achieve platinum success on a string of greatest hits!

The press is only trying to emphasize it to make it seem like no one cares about him anymore.

abbymjgirl

^ Yes, I agree! The media is just full of it if they honestly believe that one cares for Michael anymore! BS!

But this is NOT a career breaker.

True. They don't call him the King for nothing, ya know. But, I have to say it feels nice to know that more are buying it. :) Even if it's songs you already have...it can put a smile on your face. :D

Jackson829

That's awesome news! I've got my copy in my car to listen to. Yeah, its no surprise that it didn't sell as much in the US because in general the point of view is so different than in Europe and other countries.