Have you read/listened to this?

Tess

I just read the lyrics to this song for Michael and it made me cry. I thought I'd share it with you guys if you haven't read/listened to it before.
God Bless.

Lyrics

The Michael Jackson Anthem

Composed, Written and Sung by Nikhil Gangavane

You try to hurt him / Time and again
Fed the news with your lies / But in vain
Cuz he never broke down / Stood stiff and sound
Kept moving the world / But you followed him around
Don’t know him enough / And still you call him a freak
Never stopped with your madness / Thought he was weak
You could never understand / That he’s the man
Who is healing the world / In all the ways he can

Try to harm him now / And I’ll block your way
Hurl a stone at him / We’ll make you feel the pain
We’re here to fight / Against all who hate
Won’t ever let you / Bother him again
Now how can you think / That you’re foolin’ me
When the truth’s out there / For all to see
Through all the times / Here we will be
We’re not just fans / We are his swords and shields

He’s the King of Pop / We’ve no doubts about it (No doubts about it)
His music pumps up our heart-beats / We’ll always stand by him (Stand by him)
He’s the man we’ve always loved / He taught us how we should be (How we should be)
Spreading love and peace around / Like he’s always been (He has always been the King)

He goes out of his way / To lend a helping hand
To heal the broken / Hearts he finds
When everybody / Ignores their cries
He’s the only angel / In disguise
When they’re cryin’ alone / Lost in the time
Wiping of their tears / He makes them smile
Why this never made it / To your TV screens
Never was in print / In the news that you read

Try to harm him now / And I’ll block your way
Hurl a stone at him / We’ll make you feel the pain
We’re here to fight / Against all who hate
Won’t ever let you / Bother him again
Now how can you think / That you’re foolin’ me
When the truth’s out there / For all to see
Through all the times / Here we will be
We’re not just fans / We are his swords and shields

He’s the King of Pop / We have no doubts about it (Doubts about it)
His music pumps up our heart-beats / We’ll always stand by him (Stand by him)
He’s the man we’ve always loved / He taught us how we should be (How we should be)
Spreading love and peace around / Like he’s always been (He has always been the King)

(Repeat* 2 Times)

http://www.clubmj.com/mjanthem.htm

Wisdom

OMG... IT IS SO GOOD AND TRUE... THANKYOU Tess....OMG OMG.... I'm So happy, This JUST MADE MY WHOLE WEEK....

I LOVE MICHAEL ... Thank GOD that he is healthy NOW....

Tess

I don't know if the singer is famous. It's from an East Indian website/fanclub. It's the best expression of how I (we) feel I've ever come across.

JANIE

Guys.... seriously :lol: You LIKE this?

Its AWFUL!!!!! Its a terrible melody. It sounds like it was mixed on a cheap synthesiser, the guy can't sing, it's arranged very badly, and the backing singers aren't in tune!

The only good thing I can say about it is that the sentiment was nice.

"We're not just fans we are his swords and shields?"

Gimme a break!

frozen rose

Originally posted by JANIE@Nov 28 2005, 08:08 PM
Guys.... seriously :lol: You LIKE this?

Its AWFUL!!!!! Its a terrible melody. It sounds like it was mixed on a cheap synthesiser, the guy can't sing, it's arranged very badly, and the backing singers aren't in tune!

The only good thing I can say about it is that the sentiment was nice.

"We're not just fans we are his swords and shields?"

Gimme a break!

I listened to it, and I liked the beat - but, the voice didn't go well me with, I could barely hear it :(

HeavenSent

lol...Honestly? Songs like this make me cringe.

What brings to MY mind are all his fans holding hands and swaying underneath the stars, wearing our cult T-shirts. :hypno

ThrillerGirl_

Originally posted by HeavenSent@Nov 28 2005, 10:15 PM
lol...Honestly?  Songs like this make me cringe.

What brings to MY mind are all his fans  holding hands and swaying underneath the stars, wearing our cult T-shirts.  :hypno

Ditto.

JANIE

lol...Honestly? Songs like this make me cringe.

What brings to MY mind are all his fans holding hands and swaying underneath the stars, wearing our cult T-shirts. :hypno

What? You don't mean were wearing our cult T-shirts and waving our swords and shields? :annoyed

:blink:

Tess

I only read the lyrics and haven't had the opportunity to listen to it (they did explain why the recording was bad) however it comes from a good place and that's all that matters. They found a way to show support to Michael.

What's with the "cult" nonsense? Just because there are people who because can't understand our refusal to go along with and buy into the hate they sprew and so feel they need to label Michael's fans, does not mean we need to cast the same label against ourselves as fans. If there are some fans who feel strongly about standing up for what is right and moved to go that extra mile to support Michael then that doesn't need some negative label tagged on to it - certainly not by fellow fans. I still feel what the media and Sneddon and his cohorts tried to get away with is unreal. That a group of people can get away with blatantly abusing their power and it's somehow okay because society thinks the person is weird and different and even if he is innocent needs to be punished for daring to be so. Sorry, there is nothing wrong with standing up against that and being loud about it. Why be drowned out. All the "haters" are certainly letting their voices be heard. There is no cult here.

HeavenSent

I feel as though you can support Michael without the whole "he raises me up, battle cry" stuff.

I don't dig those type of songs for any one celebrity, Michael, or otherwise. But if it fits you and others, then so be it. No one is getting down on YOU for finding it appropriate.

That's why I said it from my point of view, only.

I just don't like the song.

It has nothing to do with me not understanding how much Michael was wronged or how fans didn't buy into the media hype. Your lenghty explaination into that seemed rather condescending, btw. But thanks.

All the "haters" are certainly letting their voices be heard. There is no cult here.
Ha! Think again.

*coughCourtTVMessageBoardcough*

If that wasn't cultish, I don't know what was...I'm glad they got rid of that hot garbage.

Pirate.

lol...Honestly?  Songs like this make me cringe.

What brings to MY mind are all his fans  holding hands and swaying underneath the stars, wearing our cult T-shirts.  :hypno

WE HAVE CULT T-SHIRTS AND NO ONE TOLD ME?!

(I thought the lyrics were well written for the most part...!)