Have you seen this commercial ?

The picture works really well for this. If you go to the original website, though, anyone can make one (you can upload your own picture and have it appear in place of the other one). Overall, though, it looks really cool, doesn't it?

Did you call it a commercial because THIS ONE with MJ is actually playing somewhere near you? (that would be pretty cool) I don't think it's an actual tv commercial though... I think it's just one of those things you can make online for yourself and your friends as a way to advertise some company (in this case swedish television) since anyone can do it. Still, really awesome. I might go and make one now.

ihtszkristina

; Yeah, I've realized that about the uploading thing.

But yes, I saw it yesterday on WLRN( A T.V. channel in South Florida) but it only played for a few seconds then it completely went to another commercial. I thought it was some scary movie preview at first, so I looked it up but it was nowhere to be found. Luckily the next day(today), my friend, whom is an MJ fan, forwarded this to me and here it is ! :)

So maybe it was an error? :idontknow . .like they weren't supposed to show it on air or something?

ihtszkristina

; haha okay, so evidently this wasn't a REAL commercial .

And this was CERTAINLY an error on television.

As much would know by now, you would upload a picture and then it would appear on the photo wherever it's supposed to go .

So umm, haha talk about embrassing !

Sorry for the confusion guys . .

Palmyra

ihtszkristina;228318 said:
But yes, I saw it yesterday on WLRN( A T.V. channel in South Florida) but it only played for a few seconds then it completely went to another commercial. I thought it was some scary movie preview at first, so I looked it up but it was nowhere to be found. Luckily the next day(today), my friend, whom is an MJ fan, forwarded this to me and here it is ! :)

Why would a commercial intended for Swedes in Swedish appear in Florida? I am confused about this. The commercial is thanking Swedes for paying some type of TV/broadcasting license and I am not sure what this has to do with Floridians.

Just confused.

ihtszkristina

The channel that I was watching, WLRN, is a channel which publicize news and broadcast services from all over the world.

Like I said maybe there was an error or mishap? I wouldn't know.:idontknow:

But it's been said that this channel doesn't advertise commercials so it certainly, must have been a blunder.

Im sorry for your confusion Palmyra.

ihtszkristina;228356 said:
The channel that I was watching, WLRN, is a channel which publicize news and broadcast services from all over the world.

Like I said maybe there was an error or mishap? I wouldn't know.:idontknow:

But it's been said that this channel doesn't advertise commercials so it certainly, must have been a blunder.

Im sorry for your confusion Palmyra.

I don't think it could have been a blunder... you can put a picture of anyone... the default is not a picture of Michael. Actually, because you can put your own picture in the empty spot since it is a 'thank you' you can send to whoever you want, there is no default image period. So, if the channel broadcasted this specific one, then that's really interesting and I'm going to assume an MJ fan was having a little bit of fun with programming :D

ihtszkristina

I know, but Im thinking there could have been an original default. One that could have been used before they were allowed to insert a picture.

And I've only seen the first few seconds when watching it on television.

It quickly went to something else after that.

Pirate.

I thought it was really cool and the message was INCREDIBLE. I loved it. I wish it had originally been about Michael, because that's exactly how I feel about him. I feel like it was made for him :D Thanks for sharing!

The sound was scary guys! Kind of like it but when I saw Mike's face eventually, I was like NOOOOooo! He can't be praised by everyone just like that as if like he is God because of course there's only one God.. But I was happy that his face was shown but not to that kind of admiration that one woman had to like "swish" away, probably her family's photos, just to give way on Mike's... I mean come on guys! This is NO joke! The person who did this probably was playing tricks on anyone.. For me, it's disrespectful to God and to Mike..

No hurt or furious feelings to everyone, I am just stating my view on the commercial...

candles

sunshine.larrazabal;228365 said:
The sound was scary guys! Kind of like it but when I saw Mike's face eventually, I was like NOOOOooo! He can't be praised by everyone just like that as if like he is God because of course there's only one God.. But I was happy that his face was shown but not to that kind of admiration that one woman had to like "swish" away, probably her family's photos, just to give way on Mike's... I mean come on guys! This is NO joke! The person who did this probably was playing tricks on anyone.. For me, it's disrespectful to God and to Mike..

that's exactly how i feel.

it was real creepy and disturbing to watch.

I was bothered by that part with the woman as well because it was certainly very cultish, but the person who did this was not playing tricks on anyone because at most all they would have had to do was upload a picture. The point of the video was to showcase the idealized concept of a 'hero.' It is meant to be an online thank you card to whoever you want it to be for (which is why you can upload a picture of a video). Surely you can find it disrespectful and the scene with the woman felt to me like a bit too much, but the point I'm trying to make is that what we are seeing is someone simply uploading a picture... it could have been anyone else's picture and the overall concept would not have changed... the intent of the company that created this was not to glorify michael jackson, but to glorify whoever you wanted to upload a picture of... I agree: the glorification and way they chose to portray such glorification can verge on cultish and creepy, but there's no hidden agenda towards anyone specifically...

:) So don't worry. There was no hidden agenda and no disrespect meant. Whoever did this just wanted to use a picture of MJ in there versus a picture of someone else...

uranusbluedanger1;228368 said:
I was bothered by that part with the woman as well because it was certainly very cultish, but the person who did this was not playing tricks on anyone because at most all they would have had to do was upload a picture. The point of the video was to showcase the idealized concept of a 'hero.' It is meant to be an online thank you card to whoever you want it to be for (which is why you can upload a picture of a video). Surely you can find it disrespectful and the scene with the woman felt to me like a bit too much, but the point I'm trying to make is that what we are seeing is someone simply uploading a picture... it could have been anyone else's picture and the overall concept would not have changed... the intent of the company that created this was not to glorify michael jackson, but to glorify whoever you wanted to upload a picture of... I agree: the glorification and way they chose to portray such glorification can verge on cultish and creepy, but there's no hidden agenda towards anyone specifically...

:) So don't worry. There was no hidden agenda and no disrespect meant. Whoever did this just wanted to use a picture of MJ in there versus a picture of someone else...

WWWWwwwheeww!!! Okay, thanks for clearing this up! I mean I do glorify Mike being God-LIKE in person, humble, generous, cares for children and of course L.O.V.E.s. his fans but anyway, at least it has been cleared up so, I am okay now.. :)

sunshine.larrazabal;228370 said:
WWWWwwwheeww!!! Okay, thanks for clearing this up! I mean I do glorify Mike being God-LIKE in person, humble, generous, cares for children and of course L.O.V.E.s. his fans but anyway, at least it has been cleared up so, I am okay now.. :)

:) Glad you're okay now.

Saphster

No hurt or furious feelings to everyone, I am just stating my view on the commercial...

I thought some parts of the commercial were a bit too much. Like how the lady threw pictures of possibly her own friends and family and put a picture of Michael in their place and that big billboard of Michael's face was a bit much too. Almost as if he were some sort of God or Jesus or something. That's not what he wanted. He wanted people to look at him like regular guy...not some idol. I didn't really like the picture they used either. It was way too dark. And I don't mean the color either.

But, other than that it was okay.