help my new love isnt all that affectionate

mjlover123

:( Okay Am trying to move on with my new Bf. He seems to be a great guy who is faithful and seems to love me, but he is not used to showing affection all the time like me. Its like when i show affection towards him he returns it, but i feel as though if he loves me like he says he should initiate the affection. His idea of showing affection is buying presents, but i want more than that in the relationship. Although he said that he loved me and that he thinks about me, i cant help but wonder sometimes maybe his lack of affection has something to do with me. I expressed my concerns to him and he saids that hes willing to try but it going to take awhile. I told him i hope that it doesnt take a long time for him to show me the affection that i need. He says that he dont think that it would. i dont want to come across as being pushy in this relatonship, but affection in a relationship is real important to be me next to loyalty. I told him that i would start initiating some affection towards him until he gets used to showing me affection naturally. Do u think there is hope for this relationship of ever growing or do u think am just wasting my time here?:confused: I dont know maybe am expecting a little too much too soon.