Hey John

Purple Rain

Hey..Hey John? We're getting to old for this.
I'm in my last soul man, my last one. Soon i wont come back
here, I'll be.... up there. But our lives.... heh... man, but wasn't it a gone time??

*John nods*

'member when we tried to find that old ring on the beach?
we musta spent what, 15 -17 hours looking for that blasted thing.
We never found it but didn't we have a good time?

*John nods*

You know, i think that was the first time we actually ever spoke to each other.
You talked, I listened, I talked, You listened. I remember that day like it was
yesterday. Sunset finally fading to a redish blue. Flashlights in hand with little shovles.

*John smiles*

And you kept trying to hold the flashlight and the shovle in the same hand because you didn't want to get both your hands dirty. Man... *laughs* you were weird back then you know? But i guess i was too. We were always afraid to get our hands dirty in life. If we would've gotten dirty, then maybe we could figure out how to get clean??

*John looks at his hands*

I never really looked out on the beach and saw a beach. I saw the world man. the world! the ring was our life. Combing the sands of time and earthbound creatures for our time that was lost. That ring was something we never found! We are still lost man...our time is running short.

*John nods*

Then remember that time when we were walking through the park and that hat blew by you?? You ever wonder, what would have happened if you picked it up?

*John shakes his head no*

I'll tell you what man!! Your future would've been so clear!! That hat was your future passing you by! We're all losing our hats!! Soon we're gonna be hatless wonders floating through the cosmos!

*John laughs*

I'm serious man! Think about it!

(15 second pause)

You...you ever wonder what that ant meant? the one we watched for a week?? Going back and forth through the grass, stoping and turning, turning and stopping?

John: Love?

Exactly man!! Love! we're all just getting close then stopping, afraid we're going in the wrong direction!! We never know which way is home, we never know HOW to get home! *sigh* man.... we are nothing but ants.

*John nods*

You know something else man? we need to do something with our lives... We need to get out there and - and explore something man! Like the mountains!! we could go to the mountains!

John: No car.

Yes!! yes there is a car! We're the car!! the mountains are where we wanna be! and the only way to get there is by ourself! we dont need anyone else but us to get to the mountains.. The mountains.... gad i love em you know? They over look us from the high winds man. Like god you know?

*John nods*

We just need to go. I mean he was always there man. Standing tall, looking down on us, but we never came. because.....

(10 second pause)

John: the car.

the car.... no faith to get us to god. No car to get us to the mountains... heh... its a gone world enit?

*John nods*

*sigh* Wellp.... gotta have faith to get to god, gotta have a car to get to the mountains.

John: what about gas?

What about it?

*John shrugs*

Gas.... what could fuel faith.... gas fuels the car, something fuels faith....

John: God.

*smiles* God man. God..... if we just listen, god will fuel our car and we can go to the mountains and be happy man. Our souls will be free. Free as snow to fall upon our sisters and brothers... To fuel them eh?

*John nods*

(45 second pause)

*slowly the chilly wind blows through the lifeless trees, a chained car rolls on by. Winter. Silently a snow flake falls from the sky, gliding among the clouds and lands on the shoe of the talker. John watches as the snowflake melts with the warmth of the shoe. We're all slowly melting away, to be in an crystal clear heaven. In the mountains. No car, no gas, no mountains. Faith, us and god. Best place on earth......*

*John sighs*

(10 second pause)

John: I want some coffee....You want some coffee??

Eh, coffee man the--

John: Enough talk.... Just listen.....