Hip Hop & Michael Jackson

floacist

How many times have we listened to a Hip Hop track and heard some sort of refrence/quote in regards to Michael?I know I most likely lost count on that but I was listening to Mos Def today which is a genius RAPPER/POET/WRITER/ACTOR and Hip Hop Pioneer for those of you who dont know but in a few songs Mos Def has made some GOOD points about Michael and he is a big MJ fan and regardless I highly recommened everyone to check him out(If you want some good songs just ask me and I will give ya some lyrics :D )

On his classic and controversial song Mr.N***A he says in regards to racism,injustice with Michael;

"You can laugh and criticize Michael Jackson if you wanna
Woody Allen, molested and married his step-daughter
Same press kickin dirt on Michael's name
Show Woody and Soon-Yi at the playoff game, holdin hands
Sit back and just bug, think about that
Would he get that type of dap if his name was Woody Black?

O.J. found innocent by a jury of his peers
And they been f*ckin with that n*gga for last five years
Is it fair, is it equal, is it just, is it right?
Do you do the same shit when the defendent face is white?
If white boys doin it, well, it's success
When I start doin, well, it's suspect"

and on his song Childrens Story with Talib Kwali he says in regards to biters and how Hip Hop is not original anymore he says;

"Once upon a time not long ago
When people wore Adidas and lived life slow
When laws were stern and justice stood
And people was behavin' like hip-hop was good
There lived a little boy who was misled
By a little Sha-tan and this is what he said
"Me and you kid we gonna make some cash,
Jackin' old beats and makin' the dash..."
They jacked the beats, money came wit' ease
But son, he couldn't stop, it's like he had a disease
He jacked another and another from Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder
Set some R & B over the track for 'Deep Cover' "

There is a few more mentions that he does with Michael in his lyrics but I just thought it was interesting from my favourite Emcee speaking out on how crooked the system is especially towards Michael.So post up any other Michaelism's in Hip Hop songs since he is Hip Hops biggest influence. :mjghetto

floacist

Yeah they should teach that album in classrooms everywhere, if Mos Def was a topic in school I would be an A++++ student...look at how friggin sexy he is..

260.jpg

Not only is he Mr.Smarty Pants but verrrryyyy sexy!:licklips:

floetic_justice

:bowdown: Them 2 are really talented :bowdown:

Yes, there are SO many songs that mention Michael's name that i cant even name them all...when hearing older songs there pop ups another MJ mention that i've missed...i cant keep up lol

floetic_justice

Oh yea Def was talking about [i think it was this countdown of the cast's favorite videos or something like that] how MJ represents for sexy skinny men like him :laugh And the song on the countdown chosen was DSTYGE :)

He said some other funny stuff but i totally forgot...it was awhile ago..

IAte58Crayons

^ Oh yeah... "I got a light skinned friend that looks like Michael Jackson... got a dark skinned friend that looks like Michael Jackson..."

floacist

Originally posted by IAte58Crayons
^ Oh yeah... "I got a light skinned friend that looks like Michael Jackson... got a dark skinned friend that looks like Michael Jackson..."

Actually Kanye West didnt mean anything negative from it he said but it is refrence to Lil Kim and her changing skin tones, he is a big MJ fan.

In ALL of Missy Elliotts albums there is at least one Michael refrence.

Michael's beat for Liberian Girl has been used in the classic Letter to my UnBorn Child by 2pac and a Mc Lyte song.

And In Boom I F*cked your Boyfriend an olllllllllddddddd Salt N Pepa song tehy sampled Michaels voice and beat from The Way you make me feel.
:drinkingb

IAte58Crayons

Originally posted by floacist
Actually Kanye West didnt mean anything negative from it he said but it is refrence to Lil Kim and her changing skin tones, he is a big MJ fan.
Wow, I didn't know that was about Lil' Kim. Interesting... I didn't think he meant anything bad about MJ anyway. He wore a MJ shirt on TRL one day and that kinda showed me he was a fan. :D I love Kanye
In ALL of Missy Elliotts albums there is at least one Michael refrence.

Michael's beat for Liberian Girl has been used in the classic Letter to my UnBorn Child by 2pac and a Mc Lyte song.

And In Boom I F*cked your Boyfriend an olllllllllddddddd Salt N Pepa song tehy sampled Michaels voice and beat from The Way you make me feel.
:drinkingb
Now you have me on the lookout for MJ in hip hop songs!

mj4life

Originally posted by IAte58Crayons
Wow, I didn't know that was about Lil' Kim. Interesting... I didn't think he meant anything bad about MJ anyway. He wore a MJ shirt on TRL one day and that kinda showed me he was a fan. :D I love Kanye

Now you have me on the lookout for MJ in hip hop songs!

If he didn't mean it in a bad way why would he use michael's name...I mean cuz everytime I hear it I don't like it....a good thing I don't hear it much. :laugh

DarkChild

Kanye mentions Michael 3 times in his album right? Or that's what I've heard lol...and it sounds like it's all positive to me, nothing negative. <3 <3 <3

SpecialJanet25

We need to create a rap in support of Michael and lash, not bash at his enemies. I think I going to write a rap song in support of Michael.
PS I loved Mos Def. I loved that brother