Hold Our Own Tribute To MJ?

dancemonster

A friend on Facebook mentioned in the list of things that are wrong about the aftermath, the tributes thus far being shoddy productions. She asked when someone was going to do a good nonprofit tribute to Michael.

I'm weird in that I think, why wait? Why don't we do it ourselves? I don't know how serious I am about this yet, or if it's even possible...just dipping my toes in the water to see who would be up for this? It would be a lot of work but I do host an annual festival/conference in the New York/New Jersey area, so I'm no stranger to what's involved and getting it done.

Odd as it sounds given how rich they must be, part of me thinks we should throw an MJ music festival and give proceeds to MJ's children. I think it would be nice for them to know the public is on their side.

But first things first... Is this even possible to put together and is anyone interested in doing this?

oldschoolfan

I would be, if I knew anyone in Australia who was as big a fan as me. I know there are tributes in Melbourne and Sydney, but I'll never get there in time. Damn you Australia, why does everything have to be so remote!

oldschoolfan;211871 said:
I would be, if I knew anyone in Australia who was as big a fan as me. I know there are tributes in Melbourne and Sydney, but I'll never get there in time. Damn you Australia, why does everything have to be so remote!
Where are the ones in Sydney you speak of? :)

Pirate.

*waves hand* I IS. I HAS INTEREST.

A couple friends and I held a roadside vigil in front of the state house that was pretty successful, all it was was an RIP poster, candles and we played his music. It was really nice and people were pretty good about it, with the exception of a few d-bags >_<* but yes. Based on that, I think it wouldn't be very difficult at all.

Of course, everyone here is so goddamn f*cking scattered about the country X_X....