How did u become a fan ?

i became a fan cuz my family listen to his music and so do my cousins and aunties . so i got really into mj . how did u guys become fans ? :idontknow

privacy

I first heard YRMW and fell in love with his voice.. so I then bought the Vince album.

After that I came online to learn more about him and the more I read the more I loved. Simple!

*LoVeLy~OnE*

I got the greatest hits for christmas 2001, and in the summer 2002 I bought Invincible, and LOVED it! :D A friend recommended it to me, and after that I was sold. In the start I tried to convince myself that it was only about the music, I had never been a "fan" of anyone before I didnt want to be it. But in a way you learn about Michael through his music, and I got more and more into him, and searched the net after more info about him, and got "bad" and "thriller" for christmas the same year. I was a little overprotective of him in the start, and started fights over everything negative thing said about him, but Ive calmed down..lol

LoveMeIfYouDare

i was born with it...lol...no i fell in love with michael when i was 7 when i first saw his video on tv...i remember i was so head over heel in love with that man in the tv...at 7!!!lol...:D

violet&mike

before....I'm Thai......I'm not good English language.......I hope U understand me!
I listen single " You are not alone" on the radio....... I love it...love so much..........
before I don't know Michael Jackson. I just know he's famous artist and the king of pop.
I listen it.......I cried and think this's a best song in the world.......I began search about Michael Jackson and this song.........New years Day.....my father bought History ,Dangerous,Number ones.....I watch it.......I screamed and cried. He's a sexy.....body and voice.........Oh! my god.......I love him........so much........
From that time on.......I carzy and love him and support him.........
I love and crazy since October 2004 till NOw! I love him........
I'm new michael's fanclub........I will love him forever
Now! I'm 15........I love him so much.......

Black Loafers

I was in France for 4 weeks and I just one day said to my mum: I wanna buy michael jackson's newest album.(Invincible) Why Michael Jackson? Why not Eminem or someone else? LOL :laugh
I bought it and listened to it and then I started to look in the booklet and learning the lyrics and look at the pictures of him and I didn't think he looked bad at all.
Before I didn't even know who Michael Jackson was. Well, I knew his name from somewhere but I din't know that he invented the moonwalk and that glove thing and "Thriller" but when I was little I loved the movie "Free Willy" and at the end "Will you be there" played and my sister and I loved that song and somehow I knew it was a guy singing with black curly hair. :laugh
Anyway, I started to read his biography and learn EVERYHING (including shoesize and favourite food) Then I went to a swedish site called "playahead" and there I met Jenny. We spoke a lot and she introduced me to MJEOL. I came there as "Mikey's Angel" but now I am Black Loafers hehe.
:D

Annique

2th January 2004. I was watching TMF (a popular music video programme) and One More Chance came on TV. And it was like: BOOM! First, I thought: "what's up with me. Everybody doesn't like him." But I fell in love with the video and thought: "Whatev." I was quite depressed at the time. I knew dad had lots of mp3's so I listened to some of his MJ mp3's. When I heard You Are Not Alone I was sold! I loved all the songs I heard and wanted to hear more. I started collecting his CD's and now Im a happy girl again. I am still heavily in love. And even though I only told my best friend, my parents, my brother, and people on forums, I never told anyone else for 2 years. Dont expect that to happen soon either. I'd be taunted and teased miserably, because my school is stuffed with haters.

betty boop 84

I became a fan in August 1997. Michael came to Finland on HIStory tour and his videos were on tv all the time to promote the concerts. I watched and fell in love! The way he moved, his voice, that incredible energy and emotion he puts on everything he does! His lyrics touched me and helped me during difficult times in my life.
Of course I had read about him from magazines all my life and I liked Earth Song when it came out. But it was around those concerts when I started to pay attention to him. I bought his albums and the more I learned, the more I liked him.
I wasn't at the Helsinki concert and for some stupid reason I didn't even tape it when it was televised (I have regreted this all these years). :(
A few years later I got Internet and I found all the other fans around the world. It was an amazing feeling to be part of this big family and it still is!
So it's been 8 wonderful years and I've loved every minute of it :D

Originally posted by betty boop 84
I became a fan in August 1997. Michael came to Finland on HIStory tour and his videos were on tv all the time to promote the concerts. I watched and fell in love! The way he moved, his voice, that incredible energy and emotion he puts on everything he does! His lyrics touched me and helped me during difficult times in my life.
Of course I had read about him from magazines all my life and I liked Earth Song when it came out. But it was around those concerts when I started to pay attention to him. I bought his albums and the more I learned, the more I liked him.
I wasn't at the Helsinki concert and for some stupid reason I didn't even tape it when it was televised (I have regreted this all these years). :(
A few years later I got Internet and I found all the other fans around the world. It was an amazing feeling to be part of this big family and it still is!
So it's been 8 wonderful years and I've loved every minute of it :D

WOW ! your right ! .... it feels like michael & his fans r one big family .. i believe we are !!!!!!!! MICHAEL JACKSON FANS ARE SPECIAL !!! :D

QuietSoul

I became a fan after watching Moonwalker, it was shown on ITV1 in the UK. It was January 1st, 1992. So that means I've been a fan for almost 14 years.

I do wish I could go back to 1995, when HIStory was released. I would then get to see Michael in concert again - which was ELECTRIFYING! It was good back then (for me, my life, not Michael).

Jackson829

I became a fan 5 years ago when I saw this special on Michael and his best TV moments and when I saw his Motown 25 performance, moonwalking...that was it. I instantly became a fan. I was amazed by his talent and some of his melodies sounded familiar to me. Soon I got the HIStory album and then the rest of his CDs and then I read and researched him and his life. Soon I loved his personality. I'm so happy to be a part of this big family!

senecajackson

I had to reply to this same question this forum like a gazillion times! But I never get tired of sharing!
Anyways I've been a fan since 5 years old...and to make a old story short, my parents mainly my fathere, were fans...and he would play his music all the time...and I just fell and been inlove with his voice and his sexyness!

Labomba

Originally posted by zenab_blackorwhite
i became a fan cuz my family listen to his music and so do my cousins and aunties . so i got really into mj . how did u guys become fans ? :idontknow
I became a fan at the weirdest circumtances ever :) I was adopted to Sweden in 1989 and my cousin was really into Michael back then, she had albums, and posters with him, during those times, Michael was really popular in Sweden, you could see his face everywhere you turned, at teenage magazines, newspapers... everywhere, anyway, she introduced me to Michael and I somehow got to listen to 2300 Jackson street with the Jacksons and I got hooked on.

Even if I was a little child I knew what I got myself into, I knew that from that moment on, I would never stop being a Michael Jackson fan, and since then I am mkore addictive to Michael then ever before. I remember back in the late 90's I kept on saving MJ stuffs and listening to his music and I bought his album Dangerous in 1995, Cause I remember it so clearly. And when HIStory album came out I bought two copies because I wanted to save alot of MJ merchandises that I founded in stores and stuffs. Anyway, I didn't know much of Michael because I was so young, but I remember some small intensive moments that I accoured to dress as Michael and dance like him, I even have footage of it, I've got all the footage at home.

Anyway, I remember back in 1993 when Michael did that interview with Oprah Winfrey I remembered that I told my mother about it and she recorded it, for me. And she recorded the dangerous tour in Bucharest. God I missed those old goodie times, I wish that Michael was more on television now as he were years ago. Well anyway, I became a Michael Jackson fan in 1989, and I am still a fan!!!!

DivinityMJ

I became a fan some time after invincible,i think i saw Mike on TV and then i asked my cousin if he had any video tapes and then i aked for a cd and then it all started and it is never gonna stop.

floetic_justice

I always liked him but it must of started around 2001 when I

1) Saw Ghosts
2) Saw him perform with NSYNC @ the VMAs
3) Saw the 30th anniversry special.

I always felt a special connection with him. I'm not trying be corny or anything, its true, lol I taped the 30th Anniversry special and I wasnt even a fan yet! (officially anywhoo). And I started screaming when he appeared in Nsync's performance and I dont even know why lol (I even went as far to go downstairs and tell my mom that Michael Jackson was on TV :laugh ).