I Have A Scoop About The 50 Foot Robot Rumor....

dancemonster

It's actually true. Michael Jackson is not involved with it, though. The 50-foot robot is the brainchild of Michael Luckman, author of Alien Rock: The Rock 'n' Roll Extraterrestrial Connection, and Andre Van Pier. Again, Michael is NOT involved in any way, shape, or form and probably has no knowledge of it, but Luckman plans on unveiling this thing in Vegas to celebrate MJ's comeback.

I know this because I'm putting together a UFO/alien-related film & arts festival in New York in June called "Culture of Contact." Luckman will be speaking and asked if he could give a presentation on his 50-foot statue. In a personal email, Luckman writes: "Andre Van Pier and myself will probably want to use the event to show plans for the Michael Jackson 50-foot robot in Las Vegas. Everyone wants to know what it is going to look like. We'll have sketches."

So that's my little scoop for ya. On a personal note, I hate that word "comeback" when referring to MJ. The man could sell out Wembley Stadium tomorrow if he wanted to--he's STILL the most popular entertainer in the world. How does the word "comeback" apply to him?

--jeremy

Pirate.

Great. Now what you need to do, is spread around who's idea it ACTUALLY is. If the inventor is proud of his work, why wouldn't he take credit?

dancemonster

He is taking credit for it. I'm pretty sure about a week ago one of the big papers in NY picked up the story--I wanna say the Daily News or maybe The Post? This must be how it got circulated in the first place. I didn't read it but I think his name was attached to it. In any event it sounds like he wants to unveil it at our festival, although I don't see how it relates to the festival itself. If he wants to talk about it as a sidebar issue, that's fine. But if he wants it to be his entire presentation I may nix it unless he can make it relevant to the subject.

Either way he seems proud of it. Geez, where does one put a 50 foot robot?

dancemonster;189481 said:
He is taking credit for it. I'm pretty sure about a week ago one of the big papers in NY picked up the story--I wanna say the Daily News or maybe The Post? This must be how it got circulated in the first place. I didn't read it but I think his name was attached to it. In any event it sounds like he wants to unveil it at our festival, although I don't see how it relates to the festival itself. If he wants to talk about it as a sidebar issue, that's fine. But if he wants it to be his entire presentation I may nix it unless he can make it relevant to the subject.

Either way he seems proud of it. Geez, where does one put a 50 foot robot?
I heard about this o.o

I didn't think it was MJ's own idea, 'cause he already did that for HIStory. (Was it his idea there too?)

Hopefully we'll learn the truth about this one :3

HeavenSent

God, how does Michael feel about something like this? It's a big scale type of art. If Michael came out and supported it, that's one thing. What if he doesn't like the idea?

HeavenSent;189506 said:
God, how does Michael feel about something like this? It's a big scale type of art. If Michael came out and supported it, that's one thing. What if he doesn't like the idea?

(Hi, Carla! *wave*)

Michael doesn't have that big an ego...maybe he wouldn't be fond of it.

Or he'd go, "BAH, I did that for HIStory, I ain't about to do that again!" XD

dancemonster

Huh. I dunno. He didn't say anything to me about lasers but then that doesn't mean much. Whatever the papers reported I'm sure is true (in this case!)