Jackson Spokesperson Sets The Record Straight (March 5 04) - Access Hollywood

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jackson Spokesperson Sets The Record Straight
Raymone Bain Michael Jackson's new spokesperson Raymone Bain set the record straight with Access Hollywood's Billy Bush on the pop star's finances, family, and alleged stint in rehab.

Billy Bush: Let's talk about some of those allegations, some of the things that are floating around out there. Is Michael in Aspen in drug rehab?

Raymone: Incorrect, that is totally a lie. I'm glad you mentioned that because I've had to deal with that since he stepped foot in Aspen. First, [it was rumored] he was checking himself in rehab in Denver and that was all over the place and we had to address the fact that he was on vacation in Aspen. So we had to let the whole world know that he decided to take a vacation with his kids because someone called one of the World News organizations and said that Michael Jackson had checked himself into rehab in Denver and he was right there in Aspen... I was never asked and Michael Jackson was never asked to respond.

Billy: Is he in treatment at all?

Raymone: Not at all. He is absolutely unequivocally not in treatment.

Billy: The Vanity Fair article is very damning.

Raymone: Well, let me just say that even with the Vanity Fair piece, I think that there are so many people out here speaking as if they know everything about Michael Jackson but God knows I would not want friends like that. Because lets say that Michael Jackson were in detox, or lets say Michael Jackson were in rehab... what kind of friend would call up a reporter or Larry King and say he's in rehab. Is that a friend?

Billy: Why is he such a target and who is targeting?

Raymone: Well, I mean if you could find out please tell us.

Billy: How does it work with Michael? Can you call him on your cell phone right now?

Raymone: I can. I talk to him 5 or 6 times a day... He is hands on. I get my instructions from Michael Jackson. I talk to Michael Jackson and he is involved every step of the way now with his image because, frankly, he's sick of what has been happening.

Billy: I have to imagine he's hemmoraging money to pay for things. He has to pay for and also the lifestyle, spending nearly $2 million a month. I mean where does he make the money to pay for all of these things?

Raymone: Well, let me just say that Charles Koppelman has been a very effective spokesperson in regard to his finances. When there have been reports out regarding Michael's finances I have relied on his business manager because I think he's most effective. I think there is a lot of speculation about Michael's finances, but let me say I've represented recording artists for 13, 14 years and Michael Jackson's finances are not as bad as what people are saying. I mean he sold 60 million copies of "Thriller," most of those songs he wrote -- just off of "Thriller" he could live the rest of his life.

Billy: Who's there for him? I have to think he has days where he just sits on his bed and collapses, balling his eyes out because nobody I think can withstand the amount of scrutiny and the amount of things that are said about him to that degree?

Raymone: I'm going to tell you, that's really not true. He doesn't ball his eyes out. He does have really close friends and people whom he contacts. The image that has been portrayed of him is not an accurate one. Yes, he gets angry and I'm sure I would've thrown a few plates around the house. But I think that Michael's emotional state has been quite exaggerated over the past and I'm frankly saying, honestly, I haven't seen that Michael Jackson. The Michael Jackson that I have seen has been very strong, very much in control and very determined that he is going to implement those plans that will help him.

Billy: Let me ask you about his accomodations because ever since Neverland was raided he said it was cursed and he never wanted to go in there. Where is Michael living now?

Raymone: Anyone would feel a little reluctant if someone's house is broken into... Michael has several properties that he has been living in and it's not to say he hasn't gone on record saying he's not staying in Neverland. What he said is that it has been an invasion and he doesn't feel as comfortable there as he had and that's understandable.

Source: http://www.accesshollywood.com/entertainme...087/detail.html