Katherine Jackson Agrees to Share Custody with TJ Jackson; (updated w/video)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
There's a reason TJ Jackson had a lawyer prepare legal papers to make him the temporary guardian of Michael Jackson's kids -- he has already partially assumed that role ... and he even has the Kim Kardashian stamp of approval.

TMZ broke the story ... TJ became alarmed when Katherine Jackson -- the current legal guardian -- disappeared for more than a week.

Jackson sources tell us ... TJ -- the 34-year-old married son of Tito -- has had a strong connection to Paris, Prince and Blanket for years, but was especially comforting after MJ died.

One example ... at the Michael Jackson tribute show in Wales, Katherine was by herself in a private area, far from the kids. TJ was in full dad mode, helping Blanket tie his shoes, helping Prince tie his tie. He made sure the kids were fed during the concert, which lasted for hours.

Kim Kardashian, who dated TJ for 4 years, tells friends, of all the Jacksons ... TJ was the closest to Michael and his kids. She says TJ had a "father-like" relationship with Michael's kids, adding, "He's a very honest and trustworthy person and everyone knows he'll do the right thing."

Paris, Prince and Blanket adore TJ and are behind the temp guardianship move, and that's something that will weigh heavily with the probate judge.

We're told TJ is in wait mode -- to see what happens with Katherine. But the papers are drafted and he's ready to make his move in court.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/cwxcubw

MJfan01'

In the end maybe it's best that TJ has custody. If Katherine is so easily manipulated by her children to stay gone for two weeks then something is not right.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
You can't just up and disappear for 9 days from children to which you have a legal obligation. But I don't even know if Mrs. Jackson even knew the kids wanted contact.

And if she didn't know, one of those aholes who were sitting beside or standing behind Mrs. Jackson in that video should have MADE SURE that if Mama Jackson didn't want to speak to ANYBODY ELSE in the world, she should have been able to talk to those 3 babies.

These aunts and uncles (and whoeva else) have to understand: Mike's kids went to sleep one night and woke up the next day and their father was dead. You CANNOT just up and disappear for over a week from children who've had an experience like that. For all Paris knew, somebody did something to her grandmother. Simple solution: pick up a damn phone and let their grandma speak DIRECTLY to the kids to which she's in charge of.

I thought Janet had better sense, though... um.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
HLN: Entertainment Wire's Alan Duke reported on HLN today that Katherine was told her assistant was in constant contact with Prince, Paris and Blanket, but that wasn't true.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
By Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

The Jackson family drama just continues to grow.

On Thursday, a controversial tweet posted on Prince Michael Jackson's account bashing his aunt Janet Jackson, was mysteriously removed and replaced with a strange, cryptic message, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

As previously reported, Prince Michael broke his silence Thursday on the drama surrounding his family by tweeting a terse text exchange between he and his aunt which appears to show the Control singer did not want Prince, Paris or Blanket to see their grandmother, Katherine Jackson during the time she was squirreled away at an Arizona Spa.

RadarOnline.com has independently verified the validity of the text messages and Twitter account.

In the text -- sent this past Monday at 4:52 p.m. -- Prince Michael writes "This is enough so I am texting you for the simple fact that WE DEMAND TO SPEAK TO MY GRANDMA NOW!" Prince Michael sent the text to his aunts Rebbie and Janet, and also to another relative, Austin Jackson. Janet responded: "Don't let them pls."

The text exchange contradicts a claim made by Randy Jackson earlier this week that Michael's children were free to see or talk with their grandmother at any time.

Those Tweets have since been deleted from Prince's profile and replaced with "these tweets are not our own," which was posted from a computer and not an iPhone, which Prince usually uses when posting to his account. The most recent Tweet has also been deleted.

"There is cause for concern because Prince and Janet did exchange those text messages that were shown on his Twitter account early this morning," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com. "Prince was up very late last night and was in possession of his cell phone. Prince fell asleep very, very late last night, so there's a level of speculation that he wasn't the person to remove the tweets -- that someone else did, and then posted the new bizarre message in place.

"The children are absolutely safe though. Remember, TJ is their legal guardian right now, not Katherine. Even though she is home the kids' regular security team are with them and haven't been replaced."
Meanwhile, Katherine Jackson's attorney, Perry Sanders hopes to meet with his client later today to discuss a game plan to regain custody of her grandchildren, according to our sources.

Story developing....

Source: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/prince-michael-jackson-janet-jackson-tweets-removed

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Katherine Jackson: I'll SHARE Guardianship with TJ

Katherine Jackson says she's had a change of heart ... and is now ready to SPLIT guardianship of MJ's 3 children with her grandson TJ.

Katherine's attorney, Perry Sanders, tells TMZ ... TJ and Katherine will file a request for JOINT GUARDIANSHIP with the court early next week ... and they expect it will be approved.

Perry tells us, "That pleading will essentially now legally reflect how Mrs. Jackson and TJ have often shared responsibilities of raising the children since Michael Jackson's tragic passing."

Katherine's lawyer says the new arrangement "reflected the wishes of [Michael Jackson's] children" ... Paris, Prince and Blanket.

If the court grants the joint request, Katherine's lawyer says TJ will be able to assume a lot of the day-to-day responsibilities that have been stressing Katherine out ... including management of household personnel and security.

"It will also make clear for school personnel and anyone else coming into contact with the children that TJ is authorized to act on their behalf," Perry tells TMZ.

"Mrs. Jackson will then be freed up to focus on the more personal everyday decision making related to the lives and activities of the children."

Katherine's lawyer says the agreement would still empower Katherine to CONTROL THE FAMILY'S ALLOWANCE ... which is $70k per month.

The arrangement also seems to make TJ a shoo-in to become the SOLE guardian of the children if Katherine dies while they are still minors.

Katherine's lawyer concludes, "Mrs. Jackson is extremely pleased with the prospect of enjoying the pleasure of raising Michael's children without the day-to-day tedium of items such as managing the large staff that goes with such a high profile family and focus her attention on being a grandmother and raising Michael's children."

Perry tells us ... TJ will file a petition to become the sole permanent guardian later today ... but that's just a formality because of a court imposed deadline. The joint petition will TRUMP that filing.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/bguyf

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Michael Jackson’s mother has agreed to share custody of the late pop star’s three children with the grandson currently serving as their temporary guardian, her lawyer said Friday.

Katherine Jackson will file papers next week asking a Los Angeles judge to name Tito Joe “T.J.” Jackson, 34, as co-guardian, according to a statement released by attorney Perry R. Sanders Jr.

The 82-year-old matriarch was stripped of guardianship Wednesday amid allegations that some of her children were holding her against her will at an Arizona spa. Katherine Jackson returned to Los Angeles on Thursday and announced her intention to regain guardianship of Prince, 15, Paris, 14 and Blanket, 10.

But after a meeting with her lawyer, the children, and T.J. Jackson, she concluded he should remain in an official role, the statement said. T.J. Jackson, 34, has been closely involved in the children’s upbringing, attending school conferences and dealing with teachers, the statement said.

The joint arrangement “will essentially now legally reflect how Mrs. Jackson and T.J. have often shared responsibilities of raising the children since Michael Jackson’s tragic passing,” Sanders wrote.

T.J. Jackson will oversee the staff and security at the Calabasas home while Katherine Jackson will keep control of the children’s financial allowance from the singer’s estate, according to the statement.

“She is eager to simply enjoy her great relationship with these children, while deeding over some of the stressors that go hand in hand with being a guardian,” Sanders wrote.

The entire statement:

Later this morning, TJ Jackson's attorney, Charles Shultz, will be filing a petition for TJ to be appointed permanent guardian of Michael Jackson's three children.

The court ordered that this petition be filed pursuant to the temporary guardianship he granted TJ on Wednesday of this week. However, after a very productive meeting yesterday, first between Mrs. Jackson and me, and then joined by Prince Jackson, TJ Jackson and Mr. Shultz,

it was agreed by all that it is in the best interest of Mrs. Jackson and the children to file a modified joint pleading at the beginning of next week.

With some changes, that pleading will essentially now legally reflect how Mrs. Jackson and TJ have often shared responsibilities of raising the children since Michael Jackson's tragic passing.

Following reaching agreement, Margaret Lodise, the court appointed guardian ad litem for the children, was brought into the meeting by conference call. Ms. Lodise confirmed with Prince that the agreement reflected the wishes of all the children.

The joint filing will request that the court reinstate Mrs. Jackson and appoint TJ as a co-guardian of Michael's children.

If the court grants this joint request, it will eliminate concerns such as the ones triggered by the events of the last few days. It will also empower TJ to take joint legal responsibility for certain day to day duties such as the management of household personnel, including security.

It will also make clear for school personnel and anyone else coming into contact with the children that TJ is authorized to act on their behalf.

TJ has frequently attended school conferences and dealt with school related matters and this agreement, if approved by the court, allows for continuity as sanctioned by the court. Mrs. Jackson will then be freed up to focus on the more personal everyday decision making related to the lives and activities of the children.

She would also remain in control of the children's family allowance. Mrs. Jackson is extremely pleased with the prospect of enjoying the pleasure of raising Michael's children without the day to day tedium of items such as managing the large staff that goes with such a high profile family and focus her attention on being a grandmother and raising Michael's children.

She greatly appreciates the recent love and concern that supporters have shown for her and the kids, and she hopes the court will grant this request for co-guardianship.

She is eager to simply enjoy her great relationship with these children, while deeding over some of the stressors that go hand in hand with being a guardian.

Once the joint filing is made next week, it will be served on all interested parties and the specifics of what is being requested will be spelled out in the public record. Until then, no further official comment about guardianship will be made.

Source: http://latimesblogs....n-children.html

MJfan01'

this sounds like a good deal. TJ seems to have a level head and is not involved with the bull his aunts and uncles are constantly in.

Jingles

whisper said:
You can't just up and disappear for 9 days from children to which you have a legal obligation. But I don't even know if Mrs. Jackson even knew the kids wanted contact.

And if she didn't know, one of those aholes who were sitting beside or standing behind Mrs. Jackson in that video should have MADE SURE that if Mama Jackson didn't want to speak to ANYBODY ELSE in the world, she should have been able to talk to those 3 babies.

These aunts and uncles (and whoeva else) have to understand: Mike's kids went to sleep one night and woke up the next day and their father was dead. You CANNOT just up and disappear for over a week from children who've had an experience like that. For all Paris knew, somebody did something to her grandmother. Simple solution: pick up a damn phone and let their grandma speak DIRECTLY to the kids to which she's in charge of.

I thought Janet had better sense, though... um.

I agree. This is what troubles me about the whole thing.

MJfan01'

I would first like to start off this tweet by thanking the fans that have always stood by me and my family, my dad really appreciated your support and I still treasure it to this day. As I am sure everyone is well aware of the events that have been going on. I have been holding off on backing up my sister and her tweets avidly because I was waiting for the time to reveal my side. As long as I can remember my dad had repeatedly warned me of certain people and their ways. Although I am happy my grandma was returned, after speaking with her I realized how misguided and how badly she was lied to. I’m really angry and hurt. The following image is of a group chat I had started to several family members. This group text message I had started was replied to but they didn’t know that I could see the responses. For this whole time, they denied us contact to our grandmother. “If you continue with your lies I will continue with the truth”

-Michael Jackson Jr.

This is from Prince's twitter account. At least Michael prerpared them. It's so sad and crazy that it has come to this.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
MJfan01' said:
this sounds like a good deal. TJ seems to have a level head and is not involved with the bull his aunts and uncles are constantly in.
I didn't know that TJ had stepped up like that. At least somebody is taking care of the details

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Judge orders check into welfare of Michael Jackson's children

A judge on Friday ordered an investigation into the well-being of Michael Jackson's children and a lawyer for the family matriarch said she will move to share guardianship of the children with the adult son of Tito Jackson.

Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff told a court investigator to interview the three children independently and provide a report for review only by the judge, not attorneys involved in the case.

The order does not spell out a reason for the investigation, but it is likely intended to give the judge another perspective on how Jackson's children are coping after a week of family turmoil that included the absence of their grandmother and a dispute in the driveway of their home amid a feud over the estate of the pop superstar.

The court investigator was ordered to interview the children at school at a time to remain undisclosed. Beckloff received a similar report a few weeks after Jackson's death in 2009 and its contents remain sealed.

Beckloff said during a hearing earlier this week that there were no indications that Katherine Jackson had done anything wrong.
Under the proposed guardianship change, the 82-year-old Jackson would share oversight of the children with Tito Jackson's son in a deal that would relieve her of some of the day-to-day stresses of managing a famous family, her attorney Perry Sanders Jr. said.

The decision was made after a meeting between Katherine Jackson and Sanders on Thursday. He said Michael Jackson's eldest son has told attorneys he approves of the arrangement.

A formal filing for co-guardianship is expected next week. If approved, it would make Tito Joe "TJ" Jackson a co-guardian of the children - Prince, Paris and Blanket - who range in ages from 10 to 15.

TJ Jackson's attorneys suggest the co-guardianship arrangement in a filing Friday. It states that if either adult guardian dies or is unable to serve, the other will act alone in raising the children.

Under the plan, responsibility for managing staff and security at the home would shift to TJ Jackson. Katherine Jackson would keep control of a family allowance worth tens of thousands of dollars a month, Sanders said.

"Mrs. Jackson is extremely pleased with the prospect of enjoying the pleasure of raising Michael's children without the day-to-day tedium of items such as managing the large staff that goes with such a high-profile family and focus her attention on being a grandmother and raising Michael's children," Sanders wrote in a statement.

"She is eager to simply enjoy her great relationship with these children, while deeding over some of the stressors that go hand in hand with being a guardian," he wrote.

TJ Jackson, 34, is the children's first cousin and performs with his brothers in the group 3T.

Beckloff on Wednesday suspended Katherine Jackson's guardianship duties temporarily and appointed TJ Jackson as temporary guardian. The judge said he would likely re-instate Katherine Jackson as guardian upon her return.

Katherine Jackson had been at a Tucson, Ariz., spa since July 15 with her daughter Rebbie and other relatives and had not spoken to her grandchildren during that time. She returned to the Los Angeles area on Thursday.

"The minor children are very attached to (TJ Jackson) who has been very involved in their lives since the death of their father," TJ Jackson's attorneys wrote in the court filing. "Recent events have highlighted the need for continuity for the minor children."
The filing was required by Beckloff, but Sanders said it would be superseded by a joint petition next week.

Source: http://seattletimes.com/html/entertainment/2018787229_apusjacksonfamilydispute.html

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
The Real Reason Janet Jackson Joined Siblings In Plot To Overthrow The Executors of Michael's Estate

By Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Randy Jackson has been pressuring his sister Janet to join their other siblings who've been plotting to overthrow the executors of their late brother Michael's estate, and RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned the reason why the reluctant Nasty singer agreed to participate.

Ever since Michael's death three years ago, Randy Jackson has been insisting that brother Michael's will was fraudulent, despite the fact that it was validated by a judge and withstood three legal challenges. The Thriller singer left all of his siblings out of his will and left everything to his three children and to his mother Katherine.

Longtime watchers of the Jackson family were stunned when Janet's signature appeared on a letter sent to the executors of Michael's estate demanding their immediate resignation -- it was also signed by Randy, Jermaine, Rebbie, and Tito. However, Tito has since publicly expressed regrets about signing the letter.

Janet had been reluctant to join her siblings, but finally relented "after Randy wore her down. Randy and Janet are extremely close, and he told her the only way they had any chance in succeeding in tossing the executors would be if Janet joined them since she is the most famous Jackson member. Randy believed that with Janet aboard, she would legitimize their efforts. Janet finally agreed because she didn't want to disappoint Randy, as he has convinced her that without her, they stood no chance," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

The youngest Jackson sibling made news this week after security video from the house where Michael's children live was released and showed Janet getting into an altercation with Paris Jackson over the teen's cell phone. Janet physically tried to take the 14-year-old's cell phone from her, and the children watched in horror as Jermaine and Randy got into a physical altercation with Trent, who is Joe Jackson's nephew.

Prince Jackson broke his silence Thursday on the drama surrounding his family by tweeting a terse text exchange between he and his aunt Janet which apparently shows the Control singer did not want Prince, nor Paris or Blanket for that matter, to see their grandmother, Katherine Jackson.

In the text -- sent this past Monday at 4:52 p.m. -- Prince Michael writes "This is enough so I am texting you for the simple fact that WE DEMAND TO SPEAK TO MY GRANDMA NOW!"

Prince Michael sent the text to his aunts Rebbie and Janet, and also to another relative, Austin Jackson. Janet responded: 'Don't let them pls."

Those Tweets were mysteriously deleted from Prince's profile, and he revealed late Thursday afternoon that his account had been hacked.

"The public has seen a very different side of Janet this past week, and she has to be regretting following Randy's advice. Janet is very much like Katherine in that she likes to keep a low profile, and not have family drama play out in the press," our family source tells us.

Source: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/janet-jackson-overthrow-executors-michael-jackson-estate