Katy Perry's Video Like Captain EO?

sushigirl28

Did Katy Perry Rip Off Michael Jackson's Captain EO?
By: Armen Atoya
March 31, 2011

orig-13912771.jpg

Is it just me or does Katy Perry look A LOT like the character Supreme Leader in Captain EO? Katy Perry’s new music video launched today and although it is very cool, she looks just like Anjelica Huston in Captain EO! From the make-up to the crazy hair, it's almost a full blown copy, the only real difference is that Katy's version is more colorfull.

Take a look at these pictures. Just look at the styling of the outfit, the make-up, the nails, and the expressions. It's ALMOST the SAME!

orig-13912781.jpg

orig-13912891.jpg
Katy Perry's nails

orig-13912851.jpg

orig-13912791.jpg

Even at the end of Katy Perry's video E.T. she becomes this goddess like creature which looks very, very similar to Anjelica Huston's transformation at the end of Captain EO. Take a look...

orig-13912931.jpg

orig-13912941.jpg

If you don't remember Captain EO is a short film staring Michael Jackson and Anjelica Huston for a 3D Disneyland show. Captain EO has recently been brought back to Disneyland. If you haven’t seen Captain EO yet, you should watch part one and two below.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7XS8e0z2AA&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxKvAsuAqZU&feature=player_detailpage[/media]
(Hell YEAH! :boxing )

So do you think she copied Michael Jackson’s Captain EO?

source

Um, I think the answer's yes, lol.
*Sigh* Captain EO RULES. :yaychibi

xo

sushigirl28

Well considering what i know about Katy Perry and her love for all things colorful and theatrical, and especially Freddy Mercury being her idol, it would not surprise me at all now.. It's a colorful sci-fi version of something musical and creative from imagination... I wouldn't have notice the simularity this fast (since I've yet to see her vid) if this guy didn't make these comparisons so well.. So props to him.

xo

Jingles

It may not necessarily be 'copied' but inspired by. Michael has had a way of inspiring people in their creative quests.

sushigirl28

^ Yes, true. :simplesmile I just saw the video today.. I felt like she was trying to out-do Gaga with the graphics, the alien was very cool but was only in there for a moment, and the rest I didn't care for. I think the song would've sounded better if Luda was used to rap instead, but I didn't care for it...
:mellow Hmm. Oh well.

xo

armcjackson

sushigirl28 said:
^ Yes, true. :simplesmile I just saw the video today.. I felt like she was trying to out-do Gaga with the graphics, the alien was very cool but was only in there for a moment, and the rest I didn't care for. I think the song would've sounded better if Luda was used to rap instead, but I didn't care for it...
:mellow Hmm. Oh well.

xo

The video kinda reminded me of Gaga's "Born This Way."
Hmm.