Administrator
Staff member
:camera Larry King Live: Geragos Re: Jackson Trial Dec 29 2005

Description:
Air date: Dec 29 2005

CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Real-Life 'CSI'

Aired December 29, 2005 - 21:00 ET

KING: How did the prosecution, Mark, lose the Michael Jackson case?

GERAGOS: I don't know how that case is ever filed. Because I know that I -- I went...

(CROSSTALK)

GERAGOS: I was there. You haven't seen the reports.

FULGINITI: Oh, Mark!

GERAGOS: I saw those reports. I went up and met with Sneddon on two occasions and had lunch with him down here as well. And we talked. And I told him based on the reports that I'd seen, this would have been a DA reject. Meaning the DA would not have filed in most jurisdictions. That was my opinion then and that is my opinion now. I don't think at any point, knowing what I knew about the accusers, that there was any chance.

KING: Were forensics ever involved in that?

GERAGOS: Yeah, there were all kind of forensics involved in that. And forensic searches that were done and then forensic evidence that they tried to develop. Everything ranging from fingerprints to DNA to saliva.

KING: Mary.

FULGINITI: Yeah, I disagree with you. I think those types of cases, child molestation cases, are inherently difficult to prove and to bring. But we have a law in California that does allow you to bring in other sexual acts or other sexual crimes.

GERAGOS: Yeah, but the problem is when your other sexual acts are by people who are -- when they march them into court say, no, it didn't happen. You have to say to yourself, what kind of a prosecution is this?

FULGINITI: Yeah, but those people didn't say no, it didn't happen.

GERAGOS: Yeah, they did. They did. Three of the witnesses -- they brought in the only other acts evidence that they brought in, with the exception of one gentleman, was of people who said, well, I saw this bathing suit, I saw these guys that were here, and what -- the defense brought in the actual supposed people that were supposedly molested. They said, no, it never happened.

Source: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0512/29/lkl.01.html