Lawyers Need List Of Evidence Seized

Damita Jo Fan

06/08/2004
Michael Jackson's attorneys complained in a court filing Thursday that they have not received lists of items seized during searches by authorities in the singer's child molestation and conspiracy case.

The complaint is only the latest from the defense that prosecutors have moved too slowly to share their evidence against Jackson, which they are legally required to provide.

Defense attorney Robert M. Sanger described the defense's complaints in a status report filed under seal last week in anticipation of a hearing that will be held by telephone Friday. Judge Rodney S. Melville ordered the letter unsealed Thursday.

Sanger said the defense has not received copies of several of the approximately 70 search warrants in the case. In addition, he said, the defense still needs nearly 50 affidavits that accompanied the warrants.

The defense also said it had received a list of items seized in only 18 of the searches, adding it had no way of knowing if the information was complete and accurate.

Prosecutors have said in the past they are providing information to the defense as quickly as possible.

Source: Associated Press

floacist

The complaint is only the latest from the defense that prosecutors have moved too slowly to share their evidence against Jackson, which they are legally required to provide.

Yeah I wonder why they are movin so damn slow?! :S

Tiger Lilly

Maybe I'm being overly positive here but Sneddon's gotta hand over that shit sooner or later with enough time for the defense to go through it. By stalling he's only wasting his time and everyone else's and making himself look like an unproffessional fool. The more time he prats about the less time he has to do something significant with his case, not that that's possible anyway but ya know what I mean... I hope. But I'm not gonna deny, he's getting on my LAST nerve with all this stalling. :tickingti