Mama nuts pleads innocent

alfredo

The mother of the boy who accused Michael Jackson of molesting him pleaded not guilty Tuesday to welfare fraud.

The woman, who is not being named by The Associated Press because that would identify her son, entered the plea in Superior Court to four felony counts of "perjury by false application for aid" and one count of "aid by misrepresentation," a violation of the Welfare and Institutions Code.

The 37-year-old woman was released without bail pending an Oct. 28 hearing.

Prosecutors alleged that she collected $18,782 in fraudulently obtained welfare payments between November 2001 and March 2003 by failing to disclose money she had received from a lawsuit settlement.

Each perjury charge carries a potential sentence of two to four years in prison. The welfare code violation carries a potential sentence of 16 months to three years.

The woman's attorney, Patricia Hattersley, said she and her client did not have any comment.

Jackson was acquitted in June of charges that he plied her underage son with liquor and molested him at his Neverland ranch in Santa Barbara County.

During the criminal trial, she invoked her Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination and refused to testify about the welfare matter.

After Jackson was acquitted, many jurors said her lack of credibility was a major factor in their verdicts.

A criminal complaint filed by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Bureau of Fraud and Corruption Prosecutions said authorities learned of the fraud allegations through a tip from a private investigator. Authorities said they received the tip on Feb. 2, 2005, just before the Jackson trial began.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050907/ap_en_...michael_jackson

alfredo

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
A little late posting this; thanks.

I didn't see it on the website before I posted. probably needed a refresh. I noticed it was on the first page after I posted. I think Whisper can delete my post. I guess.

I thought she was suppose to show up on the 7th to answer the charge. I did notice that the bail was not required at all. That's strange given the D.A. asked for $50K

interesting

dtaylor1689

Are you actually suprised? Considering what lows she has gone to to get money I would be more suprised if she pleaded guilty (can you plead guilty? meh)

Also is it suprise or surprise? Lol, I have confuddled myself.

Pirate.

Okay, first off, half the population already knows the name of that lying little rat bastard, and I'm just gettin tired of people saying "Ooooh, gotta protect Gaaavviinnn, if you know his name it'll be the start of Armageddooonnn..."

Second, I'm completely unsurprised that Ms Psycho over there pleaded innocent. Anything to keep her money, right? Even if it means going against indesputable evidence and making you look like a total nutcase? Right.

White Fedora

I don't like to laugh at people's misfortune but this is just hilarious! :laugh We all knew it would come. She tries to send Michael to prison with her disgusting lies but she ends herself up in the frying pan. Haha! Karma's a B!TCH! :laugh

JordanMC

It's important to note that she will not be penalized w/ incarceration; just a simple return of the money she frauded.

Now I'm wondering why she isn't being held responsible for frauding the J.C Penny outlet, her husband, the Daily Journal, Mike...as well as attempting to scam C. Tucker, J. Leno, and other sources of money.

White Fedora

Originally posted by JordanMC
It's important to note that she will not be penalized w/ incarceration; just a simple return of the money she frauded.
But....
Each perjury charge carries a potential sentence of two to four years in prison. The welfare code violation carries a potential sentence of 16 months to three years.

JordanMC

Daily, I browse the updated 'News and Mentionings' from MJJF and KOP Board. It's within one of those articles. Maybe the journalists' information is inaccurate? *shrugs*

However, I think the district attorney made a public statement concerning whether he/she was seeking jail time.

White Fedora

Hmmm... we'll see... I don't trust any news source too much. MJJF must've gotten it from somewhere. Remember all the BS we heard during Mike's trial? Let's see what happens.

JordanMC

Yes; however these sources are fairly accurate...or credible I would say. This is the Associated Press, Linda Deutsch....

Like you said; time will tell.