Man gets prison time for taping Jackson

alfredo

LOS ANGELES - An air service businessman on Monday was sentenced to eight months in federal prison for secretly videotaping Michael Jackson as the pop star flew to Santa Barbara with his attorney to surrender in a child-molestation investigation.

Arvel Jett Reeves also was ordered to spend six additional months in a halfway house that offers drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Dan Shallman. He also must pay a $1,000 fine.

Reeves and co-defendant Jeffrey Borer admitted they installed two digital video recorders to record “a professional entertainer” and his lawyer on a private jet from Las Vegas to Santa Barbara in November 2003, according to their plea agreements filed last September.

The entertainer they recorded was Jackson and his attorney Mark Geragos, although they are not cited by name in the plea agreements. Jackson was later acquitted of child molestation.

Borer, who instructed Reeves to obtain and install the equipment, intended “to sell these recordings to the media for a large sum of money,” according to a plea agreement.

Borer and Reeves each pleaded guilty to one felony count of conspiracy. As part of the deal, federal prosecutors agreed to dismiss two other charges – endeavoring to intercept oral communication and witness tampering – in a three-count indictment filed against them.

Borer’s sentencing was postponed to September. U.S. District Judge A. Howard Matz agreed Monday to give Borer more time to submit information about his ailing wife.

My comment: We all got problems.

Borer was the owner of XtraJet, which operated a Gulfstream jet that carried Jackson. Reeves was the owner of Chino-based Executive Aviation, which provided maintenance service for XtraJet’s aircraft fleet.

Reeves purchased video and audio equipment and, with the help of a third party, secretly installed the recorders in the airplane’s cabin, according to the plea agreement. They were unable to install the remote microphones because Reeves didn’t get the proper connectors, so the two recordings were made without sound.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14017352/

alfredo

I get very angry when every one involved in this mess gets a vote of sympathy but MJ. I hate to sound harse but I didn't hear anyone in the media discuss the tragedy that would have been felt by MJ's kids if he were found guilty.

Janut Arvizo has a new baby...awe... She was confused and bewildered...boo hoo..

This guys wife is sick. That's horrible but he has a debt to pay at this point.
I'm not a big fan of jail for every case. I think these guys should be fined heavily. That's how you teach these kinds of guys. That way he could stay home with his wife. But you should not give the other guy jail and this guy nothing because his wife is sick. He's the guy that ordered the taping and probably has the best lawyer trying to keep the deal going.

I personally believe this guy is using his wife as a "human shield". While I might have sympathy for the wife, I won't shed a tear for this fool. What they tried to pull on MJ for money makes them less than disgusting.

What do you think would have happened if there was anything "useful" (useful only to idiots) on those tapes? Melville would have allowed it and the media would have spun it out of control.

Sorry if that too strong. But MJ was innocent and this guy was part of an effort to take him down and out (literally) all not because he thought he was guilty but for a handsome reward.

My heart strings can only pull so far before they break.

-alfredo

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting alfredo.

And yep I agree. These assholes were all a part of this plot. It just so happens that they got greedy and got caught.

Shannon

alfredo said:
I get very angry when every one involved in this mess gets a vote of sympathy but MJ. I hate to sound harse but I didn't hear anyone in the media discuss the tragedy that would have been felt by MJ's kids if he were found guilty.

Janut Arvizo has a new baby...awe... She was confused and bewildered...boo hoo..

I'm not a big fan of jail for every case. I think these guys should be fined heavily. That's how you teach these kinds of guys. That way he could stay home with his wife. But you should not give the other guy jail and this guy nothing because his wife is sick. He's the guy that ordered the taping and probably has the best lawyer trying to keep the deal going.

I personally believe this guy is using his wife as a "human shield". While I might have sympathy for the wife, I won't shed a tear for this fool. What they tried to pull on MJ for money makes them less than disgusting.

What do you think would have happened if there was anything "useful" (useful only to idiots) on those tapes? Melville would have allowed it and the media would have spun it out of control.

Sorry if that too strong. But MJ was innocent and this guy was part of an effort to take him down and out (literally) all not because he thought he was guilty but for a handsome reward.

-alfredo
I agree totally. This is what greed does to people, and they need to pay for what they did. Using his wife as a 'human shield' is pretty low. To stoop to this level is nothing but sad.

mysteriousone

alfredo said:

-alfredo

[SAY1]Good posting, alfredo[/SAY1]

Mysti!

superchick

I totally agree with you alfredo. So many people in this world that are responsible for these crimes get off the hook so easily. MJ's rights as a U.S. citizen were violated for making money from super market tabloids and all he gets is a slap on the wrist :eek:hnoyoudidnt
. The good thing is that justice in some small way was served.Yey for MJ :D

HeavenSent

alfredo said:
But MJ was innocent and this guy was part of an effort to take him down and out (literally) all not because he thought he was guilty but for a handsome reward.

-alfredo
Thank you.

Alana

alfredo said:

This guys wife is sick. That's horrible but he has a debt to pay at this point.....
....I personally believe this guy is using his wife as a "human shield". While I might have sympathy for the wife, I won't shed a tear for this fool. What they tried to pull on MJ for money makes them less than disgusting.

-alfredo

Not too strong for me - totally agree with all of the above! When it comes to anyone who would try to hurt Michael, my heart strings can no longer reach.....

Cristine87

Good! Everybody needs to stop doing this shit! The court system hear in California needs to start giving justice to Michael because the way people are trying to get in his pockets is fucking ridiculous and these judges and jurors to open their eyes to that!