Mark Geragos

Tamiele

I read somewhere that Mark Geragos is a witness for the Prosecution. Any speculation as to what he may offer them? What about Attorney/Client priveledge? Also, he didn't resign from the case, Jackson chose to change lawyers due to the fact that Geragos' attention was spread between two high profile cases. You wouldn't think he was disgruntled about that. As I recall some of his press conferences he had while he was still Michael's lawyer were very confidently stating his support and belief in Michael's innocence. I think that is the only witness that I know of that kinda bothers me, or could possibly do some damage for Michael.

Thanks

privacy

Just cus Geragos may be a witness for the Pros.. doesn't mean he's trying to help them or is on their side.

Also, as he's the ex-lawyer the pros might want to look into that and ask him why he's ex.. blah blah blah.. did he notice anything weird? blah blah blah.

No big deal.

privacy

As I recall some of his press conferences he had while he was still Michael's lawyer were very confidently stating his support and belief in Michael's innocence. I think that is the only witness that I know of that kinda bothers me, or could possibly do some damage for Michael.

I don't understand this bit. If Geragos was confidently stating his support etc in Michael.. why does it bother you?

dangerous

Mark is on both the defense and the prosecutions witnesss list, for entirely different reasons. You can have witness's on both lists. If the prosecution call Mark, then the defense will cross examine him, and then call him up again when they present their case. The conspriacy charge doesnt make sense without Geragos because he was involved since early feb 2003. The prosecution will have mark on the stand to address the charges. If Mark was hired to commit illegal acts that the attorney privilidge is void.

hope that helps

Tamiele

I believe I read that about Mark being a witness on this very website among all of the great informative pieces done about this case. Thank you, Dangerous, for clarifying that for me. I don't mean I worry about Mark Geragos because I think Michael is guilty, but I didn't understand the motive for having him as a prosecution witness without the bit of background Dangerous provided. It worried me, briefly, that Mark was going to be another person who turned on Michael. That's all. And since the majority of the prosecutions witnesses are hardly credible, Mark's presence brings some respectibility to the list. You know, the lynching that continues to happen to Michael. Anyhow, thanks again for the feedback.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
He's on the defense's witness list. THe prosecution wants to make it look like they plan to call him. Trust me. Geragos would shred Sneddon. It won't be the prosecution to call him. It'll probably be the defense.

The only reason which I could suggest regarding the reason why there might be some speculation surfacing about Mark Geragos appearing on the prosecutions witness list, is that the prosecution want to address the conpiracy charges (like ashley discussed). We have previously leaned that five of Michael's associates were allegedly invloved with conspiring to kidnap etc.. The five alleged co-conspirators have all been offered immunity if they agree to testify against Michael.. So, this could very well be the intention of Geragos testifying against Michael, to gain clearance of the conspiracy charges!

Thats the only logical explination I can come up with

A

Anonymous

Also, just because someone is on the prosecutions witness list, that does not mean they have turned on Michael. It just means the prosecution wants something from them.

Geragos would never incriminate Michael because if he ever did, it would ruin his reputation. Why was he defending such a bad man? You know?

Don't worry about it.

approx 90 of the defence witnesses have been listed by sneddon as pros witnesses aswell. hes just done that in order to get them on the stand and try to discredit them b4 they testify for mj later on. dontworry about mark hes the key to destroying the conspiray charge as it was his plan thatsneddon is calling the conspiracy