Masterpieces are often imitated but can never be duplicated, or can they??? lol

jaajayi

ok, you guys are probably wondering what the hell i'm talking about but don't worry..i'll explain. I found the entire performance of the ORIGINAL Dangerous Performance at the AMA (American Music Awards) 1993. Now, I've heard of the performance but have never seen it until now. Now, the MTV VMA Performance will always be dear to my heart because I love it to death. But DAMN! The '93 performance, imo, killed it!! Here's the link to the clip and you decide which one is better:)
1993 Dangerous

1995 Performance

ps...if anyone can help me with fixing this code, i would really appreciate it, lol.

ajkinkycuffs

See, I was waiting until someone brought up this issue lol.

Okay for me, my first dangerous performance I saw was the 95 performance. I loved it, but then I saw the 93, and I loved that one more. Just because its longer than the other one, and there is different variety to it. Because everyone from 95 to recent, is the same one basically.
It's like when I finally hear all the B-sides to my favorite artists, I love those songs more(when the artists usually has those as B-sides because they were either not on the main albums)..and I always think why not put those on a regular album..they have such potential! lol

Anywayz...so i enjoyed the 93, but I think It would have been better if he didn't mess up that one or two times. LOL, when he went one way and the dances when the other and I saw him kinda step back and glance to his right to see which part the dancers were on LOL..maybe I was impressed because even though he did mess up, he incorporated that into the dance like it was apart of the performance.

So for me, the messed up performance can impress me, you just have to be able to naturally improvise when things go wrong..and that's what he does.

Lisa B.

I never knew that there was a 93 version until a couple days ago, actually!

I have to agree: 1993 was better....but both put any act out right now to COMPLETE shame. Anyone peep the BET Awards? Any Awards? You have Michael's damn near 15 yr old performance and compare it to what you see now, and they'd be no contest!

jaajayi

ajkinkycuffs said:
See, I was waiting until someone brought up this issue lol.

Okay for me, my first dangerous performance I saw was the 95 performance. I loved it, but then I saw the 93, and I loved that one more. Just because its longer than the other one, and there is different variety to it. Because everyone from 95 to recent, is the same one basically.
It's like when I finally hear all the B-sides to my favorite artists, I love those songs more(when the artists usually has those as B-sides because they were either not on the main albums)..and I always think why not put those on a regular album..they have such potential! lol

Anywayz...so i enjoyed the 93, but I think It would have been better if he didn't mess up that one or two times. LOL, when he went one way and the dances when the other and I saw him kinda step back and glance to his right to see which part the dancers were on LOL..maybe I was impressed because even though he did mess up, he incorporated that into the dance like it was apart of the performance.

So for me, the messed up performance can impress me, you just have to be able to naturally improvise when things go wrong..and that's what he does.

I agree with you! I think with the mistakes he was going through a severe adrenaline rush:lol Did you see when he did the "humping" part in the performance, lol. Dude was not humping but was really freaking the air! :rollin
Or maybe Brooke was about to lay it down on him later that night:lol

jaajayi

Lisa B. said:

I have to agree: 1993 was better....but both put any act out right now to COMPLETE shame. Anyone peep the BET Awards? Any Awards? You have Michael's damn near 15 yr old performance and compare it to what you see now, and they'd be no contest!
I agree! Even Beyonce couldn't lay the smackdown on that:eek:hnoyoudidnt :lol

ajkinkycuffs

jaajayi said:
I agree with you! I think with the mistakes he was going through a severe adrenaline rush:lol Did you see when he did the "humping" part in the performance, lol. Dude was not humping but was really freaking the air! :rollin
Or maybe Brooke was about to lay it down on him later that night:lol

LOL...ewl...i'd like to not think about him and Brooke haha. And same with LMP haha.

Was this the very first performance of Dangerous like ever? I think so right? Because after that one, he probably re-did the routine to most recent one I think.

ajkinkycuffs

Lisa B. said:

Honestly, I don't watch MTV, BET, MTV Movie, Billboard Awards anymore, because it's stupid. The music, argh..I mean I can tolerate some of the music today, but everything else basically annoys me. That's why I don't listen to radio really. Only online radio, where I can choose my station. Maybe I'll catch the Grammy's just cause their more prestegious, but it's usually filled with old farts in the audience, and the fans are seated like WAY the hell in the nose bleed sections in the back or something so when the performers are onstage, it looks like a dead audience when the camara is on the floor audience. That's what I've always hated with the Grammy's...bookoo moomoo..someone needs to liven up those dead bodies! lmfao

You know what I'd love to see is mike perform Bad, the routine from the video, on stage..that would be SO cool.