Memories

QuietSoul

This is my first story, I wrote it last year. I don't believe it is good, but I want to share it.

Memories

Dark, thick, solid colour. Black, but seemingly so bright. Unable to stop feeling lost in it's depth, you stare unconciously. Millions of tiny, twinkling lights shine down from the sky. If only you could be out there with the stars, to be part of their beauty. When you were younger you used to have a thought, an image of life after death, and now, after him, you realised it was true.

At 7 o'clock of every evening, with the exception of Saturdays, you went to bed. At only nine years old, you lay on your bed, the bed situated under the window, you stare out to the stars making your routine wish.
"Star light, star bright, the first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish tonight." You whispered under your breath, trying to cover your mouth with the blanket, hoping no one could hear you. You softly began to make the wish, "I wish I could have a friend. Maybe a girl, or a boy, I don't mind. Please, all I want it a best friend." You pleaded. "Thank you for listening. I know you are busy with other wishes, and mine are stupid, but please try?" You said, turning your wish into a heart felt beg. You knew they would listen, they always did; How could something so bright not be hopeful.

You sat up, as if a lightning bolt had struck you. Knowing what you had just done, you stood up from the freshly cut grass, brushed yourself off, stroking your hands down the front of your jeans briskly. You had gone back, back to the days you didn't want to relive. Memories kill your soul, destroy the present, and if nothing is done to cause the memories death, they could also shatter the future. You took a deep breath. Taking in the cold air, you closed your eyes and put your right foot forward. When you re-opened your eyes, the vision in front of you was only of loneliness. You took a slow stroll home.

It was 11pm, you had been asleep on the grass for 2 hours. Looking around the streets of London without a thought in your mind, you pressed onwards. This time your eyes had begun to feel heavy. All you wanted to do was curl up in bed, close your large grey eyes and fall into a deep sleep. You approached your home, a two bedroom apartment that really wasn't big enough for a dog, let alone a 20 year old Art student. You entered your ground floor flat. Although there were eight other flats in this one building, you didn't know a soul. The door swung open slowly, you drifted into the house. White everywhere: Walls, picture frames, ornaments, flowers. You had tried your best to turn a 2 star flat into a top-of-the-range apartment. You were proud of your efforts, seeing as it was your first house; your first time without the family, the first time being on your own. The house was cold, maybe it was wrong to live by yourself, after everything you have been through, maybe you need your family, maybe you still need him, the man that could rescue you. You were obviously tired, even though you had had a nap in the park. Everything was a blur, you couldn't even remember your last few steps. You walked past the kitchen, giving it a slight glance, just to make sure things were all right and safe. You wandered into the lounge. The long way through the hall was over. You often called it, 'The Walk of Pain,' as everytime you walked down it, you were tired, you never get to relax in your own home. Entering the lounge you stopped and looked at the windows - living in a ground floor flat wasn't the safest place - they were locked. 'Finally, time for bed,' you thought. You increased the speed of your stroll and before you knew it, you were tucked up in bed, the covers up to your neck. It was Winter and in Winter there was nothing you liked more than being safe in your bed. You slept soundly.

To Be Continued...

QuietSoul

Thanks, you two. I'm just about to finish typing the second part, chapter 2.. I'll post it very soon. :D

Oh Chrissy, I've posted loads of poems while you were away. If you have some time, please have a look. :)

frozen rose

Wow! I like the beginning, please continue soon :)
Even for your first story, it seems so perfessional, honestly it does! You should try and publish it, as a book! Once you've completed all the chapters!

QuietSoul

"My love, what are you doing?" You felt Ali's breath on your neck, he put his right hand on your stomach and kissed your nape gently.
"Oh nothing. I'm just trying to get this assignment done for tomorrow, it has to be in in two days." You replied while putting pen back to paper and started writing again. You had to write a description of your art piece.
"It looks beautiful already," Ali complimented your work, which always meant so much to you, "What more have you got to do? It shouldn't be long now, right? I miss you." You felt a squeeze on your left shoulder. You knew what he was suggesting, or trying to suggest, he was never very good with asking for things. You were far too busy to think about anything intimate.
"Ali, come on! Can't you see I'm busy? This needs to be finished." You stopped writing again and turned yourself around on your chair. While putting your hands on his waist, you captured his gaze. Your eyes interlocked with his. He put his right hand on your cheek and slowly grazed his thumb up and down. Lifting his left hand to your neck, moving it up to your other cheek, now holding your face firmly, but ever so gently, you continued, "I love you, but.. you know.. " You were cut off abruptly by Ali moving closer to you, and pressing his lips to yours. Your hands found they way up his back and absentmindedly explored as much area as they could find. The world seemed so distant. It felt as though Ali and you were the only things on Earth. You made a promise to yourself, you promised to never forget this feeling. Moments like these, moments that should last forever, will always be in the heart, and never be forgotten.

You tossed and turned in bed like you were having the worst nightmare, and some would say it was true.

You and Ali were in the car driving to his parents house.
"I'm nervous now," You spoke quietly, as if you were afraid of Ali's reaction to it, "Your parents will hate me. I know they won't like me with you."
"Shh... they will like you. Maybe not so much when they know what you are to me, but until then they will love you as you."
"Love me?" You questioned jokingly, "Love me how much? Not more than you, I hope?" You gave Ali an innocent smile. It was the innocence in you that he liked so much, maybe the most. He once told you, 'I searched everywhere for you. Who would have guessed you'd be here. The most beautiful girl of them all.' You will always remember this line.
Ali's parents were nice people, you had spoken to them on the phone only, you have never met them, and just the thought of them made your stomach churn. They never knew you were in love with their son, you were "only friends."
"No, of course not! No one can love you more than me." Ali replied sweetly, taking his eyes off the road and placing them on you.
"Keep your eyes on the road! Do you want to die?" You said forcefully.
"Hey, don't be so serious! I am watching the road. And no, I don't want to die: How could I leave you, huh?"
"Alright then, now do as you are told and keep your eyes on the road only." You snapped back before he could even take a breath. The thought of losing him hurt you badly, so it was best to never think about it.

You had arrived at his parents house. You parked outside their house, which was pure white and stood four stories high. It was 2pm, it had taken nearly 2 hours to get there. Now you were definitely nervous. You started to panic.
"It will be ok, right?" You asked him, wanting him to give you a positive answer.
"Right. Yes. They will be fine." Ali lied. Deep down he knew this was going to be a difficult evening. You noticed his facial expression, it wasn't one of his happiest, in fact, it was almost an ill look. He looked pale. Being his dark complexion; black hair, so black it is blue; black eyes, which you drowned in every time your eyes met, him having pale skin really didn't suit him. Today his hair was pulled back away from his face with gel: It was set perfectly. Usually he left it to fall over his forehead, soft and shiny.
You remembered the first time you had seen him. You had walked into him on the street outside of your school, he was with a few other people. It was his hair that attracted you initially. He was standing with his back to you. The wind wasn't strong, but there was enough for you to fall madly in love with his hair. The way it moved, blew in the wind and landed back in position perfectly stunned you. 'Wow' was your only thought at that moment. You hadn't even seen his face, but you thought if it's half as nice as the back of him, he's be handsome. The next second he had turned around to see who had bumped into him. You hadn't realised, but you were dropping all of your art on the floor, the wind had started to lift it off the ground.
"Miss, your work," His first words to you, "Here, let me get this for you." He said bending down and grabbing the paper before it had chance to disappear into the crowd.
"Oh, thank you." You managed to say before bending down also. Taking the work out of his hand and shoving it into your folder, you gave a smile. He was beautiful, nothing like you had imagined.
"You are very welcome. Are you alright? You just walked straight into me."
"Yes, thanks. Everything is fine, I was just being clumsy, sorry."
"No need to apologise." He smiled and you both stood up. You took your folder and put it under your arm, the place it should have been before all of this had happened. "I must go, I'm probably late for my class." He tilted his head and smiled, "Take care."

Reality hit you. For a second you had met him all over again. Truth was you were daydreaming, you were still sat in the car outside his parents house.
"Come." Ali has gotten out of the car already and had walked to your door to open it for you.

What was going on. Why did it have to happen? Your sub-concious was killing you.

To Be Continued...

frozen rose

Goodness, I'm having a day dream also... Ali sounds gorgeous! :inlove
Please continue this Krystle! It's too intriguing to look back from it...

QuietSoul

I'm so sorry it has taken a long time to continue.

What was going on. Why did it have to happen? Your subconcious was killing you.

"Excuse me, please." You said in almost a whisper, "May I use your bathroom?" You Asked his parents but looking at his mother for permission.
"Yes, it's the first door on the right. Ok?" Ali's father took charge, and instructed you to the right room.
"Thank you, Sir."
You had had just about enough of the day. You had only been at his parents for just under 2 hours and already they had objected of you, your clothes and the way you speak. 'Speak up, child.' was circling your mind. How could his Mother be like that: You were quite offended.

Arriving back downstairs, you joined everyone for dinner. It was the most uncomfortable, impolite and selfish situation you had ever been in. His parents didn't say a single word to you, it was as if you were not there.

"Ali?" You sat next to him as he and his father watch a little television after lunch, "May I speak to you for just a minute.. in private?" You ushered him up and out of the room, leading him to the back garden which was beautifully lit by candles.
Ali stared at you patiently. You could tell he was starting worry, his eyes began to search your face for clues of what could be wrong.
"Do you think.. maybe.. would it be possible.. " You didn't quite know how to word it, it might hirt him.
"What is it? Tell me what is wrong, please?" Ali almost begged you to continue.
"Ok.. umm, do you think it might be possible for us to leave soon?" You pulled the most unflattering face, while waiting for Ali to gasp and say 'No.'
"Why was that so ahrd? Did you think I was going to rip your head off for saying that?" Ali giggled and shook his head at your innocence. "Of course we can go.. soon. Have you forgotten what we came here for?" He just stood looking at you with a huge grin on his face.
"No, I haven't. But.. " You put your head down, showing him you were a little nervous again. "I'm worried, they don't like me already, they will hate me after knowing the truth. I don't want that."
He raised your hand and put a delicate kiss on your palm, the whole time looking you in the eyes. As he moved his head up and let your hand fall gentle to your side again, he said, "We have to do this. It's the only way, we wouldn't like them to find out any other way."
"Oh no, definitely not." You took a deep sigh, "Lets do it not then. But right afterwards we have to leave, ok?"
"Yes, Madam. Of course, Miss." You both smiled at each other. Ali stepped forward and put his arms around you, while rubbing his hands up and down your back, trying to comfort you. He whispered, "Lets do it."

To be continued...