Michael and marijuana?!

Pirate.

I've been reading a few reports of what police seized from Michael's bedroom. They all say pretty much the same thing we've all read, and then I notice...."two baggies of marijuana?!" This is in the police report! WTFWTFWTF. This is the first I've heard of this! Michael said he would never do that, *several* times actually... and I'm not sure why he would start all of a sudden since I haven't heard of him having any related health problems O_O It just seems SO totally out-of-character for him. And they didn't find anything marijuana-y in his system (if my memory serves me from reading the autopsy report).....or smoking accessories (not that I imagine he'd be a big ole bong sorta guy).

ITS JUST SO WEIRD.

It's not something that was often reported, either. I remember the first few reports I read didn't include this. We more than anybody know just how ''credible'' the mass media can be, so it may be total falsehood.

What do you think?!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... index.html

(I bet it was Murray's.)

Maiky

I've read it too,
but maryiuana can be also used as a medicine, not only as a drug. I'm not saying that maybe Michael used it, because I don't know, but I was once told that it can also be used for medical purposes

Pirate.

[quote name="Maiky"]I've read it too,
but maryiuana can be also used as a medicine, not only as a drug. I'm not saying that maybe Michael used it, because I don't know, but I was once told that it can also be used for medical purposes[/quote]

Yeah...that's what I meant by saying I didn't remember hearing about him having any health issues that would have warranted his use of it. There WAS, however, a medication found for hair regrowth that was supposed to be used for people with glaucoma, for which marijuana is well-known for being used as a treatment. I wonder if there's a connection? :blink

Maiky

[quote name="Pirate."]
[quote name="Maiky"]I've read it too,
but maryiuana can be also used as a medicine, not only as a drug. I'm not saying that maybe Michael used it, because I don't know, but I was once told that it can also be used for medical purposes[/quote]

Yeah...that's what I meant by saying I didn't remember hearing about him having any health issues that would have warranted his use of it. There WAS, however, a medication found for hair regrowth that was supposed to be used for people with glaucoma, for which marijuana is well-known for being used as a treatment. I wonder if there's a connection? :blink[/quote]

Who knows? There have been so may news about that, it's quite confusing, but I can tell you this, that most of the journalists and newspapers cannot be trusted, when the topic is Michael

Saphster

Maybe someone put it in there to make it seem like he was some junkie. Though, I don't think you can ever get addicted to weed can you?

OneMoreChance

Marijuana can be used to treat many different illnesses. Cancer, glaucoma, fibromyalgia, migraines and a whole slew of other things. It helps with pain and increases appetite (munchies?). I for one am not shocked or disappointed at the thought of Michael smoking pot. It's not dangerous or addictive. A much safer alternative then abusing prescription medication.

I don't think he smoked it very often. I think I read somewhere that what they found in the house was old. And the didn't find any in his system so it's obvious that he didn't smoke a lot.

I wish Michael had tried smoking pot before bed to help him sleep instead of using that damn propofol.

P.S. I keep picturing a high Michael in my head and I have to admit that it would have been funny to see! Michael had a good sense of humor to begin with!

Teva

Personally I see marijuana as a drug, and don't think it should be legalized. As for Michael smoking pot I was disturbed to hear that as well because my impression of him was one of wholesomeness/purity. You know, no meat, no strong drinks, no pre-marital sex, and no drugs. I believe he was all of these things at one point, but peoples' views and position on things change as they get older, and go through life. Michael was exposed to alot more than most entertainers it's a miracle he was not completely corrupted.

Michael Jackson was completely against the use of drugs. It was 1984 when he received an award for his support of drug and alcohol abuse charities, presented by then President Ronald Reagan. Also Taraborrelli who was at the hospital after the Pepsi accident said the doctors tried really hard to get Michael to take the pain medication; he didn't want anything like that in his system. It makes you wonder how he ended up on the off beaten path. Taraborrelli said (who I agree with this time) in his CNN interview, it was the stress of 1993 that began the downward spiral.

Ps. The bodyguards said in their interview Mr. Jackson had asked them about marijuana.

Pirate.

For me its not so much an issue about "ZOMG MARIJUANA IS IMMORAL" or "ZOMG MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGALIZED!!11" but its just that he's spoken so much about hating smoking at all, much less something he could get in trouble for. And in the phone snippits with Rabbi Shmuley Jerkface he said marijuana was something he would "never do," and these convos took place in the 2000s, so they were fairly recent.

Michael is a total enigma. o.o But being a worldly person, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he experimented with it to see if it helped more than other things he was taking. Maybe he got it, tried it, didn't like it o_O

(Lmao, at the time of this post, Teva, you have a post count of 420 ;) )

Saphster

[quote name="Teva"]Personally I see marijuana as a drug, and don't think it should be legalized. As for Michael smoking pot I was disturbed to hear that as well because my impression of him was one of wholesomeness/purity. You know, no meat, no strong drinks, no pre-marital sex, and no drugs. I believe he was all of these things at one point, but peoples' views and position on things change as they get older, and go through life. Michael was exposed to alot more than most entertainers it's a miracle he was not completely corrupted.[/quote]

Marijuana is dried flowers from a plant. It comes from this earth. Michael ate chicken and fish. I know some people say chicken and fish are not meat but I think it is. You can fry it, grill it. You can't eat it raw that's for sure. Unless you prep the fish as sushi. We can't be sure that Michael never ate meat. Just cause he said something different years ago...does not mean he would stick with it forever.

As for the no strong drinks part...look at this. Picture taken from Neverland. That is clearly a bottle of Hypnotic. He also drank wine and even Lisa Marie said he drank and cursed just like any other guy.

hypnotic.jpg

Also, we do not know if he had pre martial sex or not. Either way it does not matter to me. Just because someone does or does not do these things...it should not make you see them in a certain way. Michael was not perfect.

Also what do you mean when you say it's a miracle he was not completely corrupted? Are you saying that things like smoking an herb and having a drink every now and then would help or contribute to corrupt someone? I'm just curious it's all.

[quote name="Teva"]Michael Jackson was completely against the use of drugs.[/quote]
Yeah. He could have been against it. In his mind. But he still did drugs. He was addicted to pain killers on his Dangerous Tour, and a doctor to give him Propofol.

[quote name="Teva"]It was 1984 when he received an award for his support of drug and alcohol abuse charities, presented by then President Ronald Reagan.[/quote]

Yeah...a man who was supposedly responsible for making crack babies by allowing cocaine to come in from Central America. And who didn't care to do anything about the spreading of HIV since it was only supposedly affecting blacks and gays. I'm not gonna get too into that though. Look it up on the internet. You'll find what I'm talking about if it interests anyone.

Pirate- Oh that's where you heard him say he would never try weed. I was wondering where you heard Michael say it. Well, he said it years ago (almost a decade if they were from 2000-2001) so who knows if he probably changed his mind about it later. Especially if he asked his bodyguards about it...maybe he was curious? I just find it strange that if it was not his...then why was it found in his room?

Man I miss Michael. I just heard his laughter on TV just now and it warms my heart everytime. Despite the rumors, his flaws, or whatever people say about him I love him to death.

Teva

Those tapes were made between 1999 & 2001, so we don't know when Michael started trying pot. Hopefully it was after.

Yeah for 420 posts, well now it is 421.

Goodness people it was old rancid weed. So old in fact the cops thought it was black tar heroin. It was not Michael's house let us not forget it was probably left before he moved in.

Teva

[quote name="Saphster"]Also what do you mean when you say it's a miracle he was not completely corrupted? Are you saying that things like smoking an herb and having a drink every now and then would help or contribute to corrupt someone? I'm just curious it's all.[/quote]

I am saying Michael was not perfect, and we are all corrupted in one way or another. There are no perfect people on Earth all of us have sinned. I am also saying given Michael's unusually circumstances it is a mirical he turned out as well as he did from the beatings physically and the media.

What I was saying was the Michael I had in my head was not the Michael of reality. Michael always came across to me as ....I can't even find a good adjective, but reality was he was more like us. As for the no meat, no drugs, no alcohol those were things I got from Michael, from his book Moonwalker and interviews, his word; therfore, yes it was surprising to find out differently. As you may recall I further explained in my post that peoples' position on things change as they get older, mine have. I certainly was not condemning him for eating meat, or drinking alcohol, or holding him to something he said when he was 26. However, I am who I am and I cannot condone the use of illegal drugs even if it is Michael Jackson.

I don't know what the marijuana was for, or if he had a prescription, but that's not what the blog is about. It is about the poster's shock in finding out that he smoked it.

Cristine87

Honestly, I don't think anyone really knows and we'll probably never know. I have this feeling that someone either left it there or maybe it was an employees. I don't believe Michael smoked marijuana, not for recreational reasons anyways. It just doesn't seem like him.

Pirate.

Damn, Hypnotic? That's such a teen girl drink XD (although he mentioned not doing hard liquor too, in the same conversation!)

[quote name="Cristine87"]Honestly, I don't think anyone really knows and we'll probably never know. I have this feeling that someone either left it there or maybe it was an employees. I don't believe Michael smoked marijuana, not for recreational reasons anyways. It just doesn't seem like him.[/quote]

Yeah. Exactly. EXACTLY how I'm thinking....Especially with him being so health-conscious with TII coming up. He was working out pretty rigorously and everything (well, I assume so, since he was training with the goddamn Hulk XD) and I'm sure that, being such a strict person in regards to himself (and being incredibly intelligent) he would have been conscious that smoking ANYTHING is detrimental to the health of your lungs to at least some degree....and hurts your breath support.

I really didn't mean to start a thread about people's thoughts on marijuana. I realize that we're a very diverse group here and we all probably have different thoughts on it. But it was not my intent to debate about the 'morality' of it, its health effects, its legality etc.

As far as the 'black tar' business, that may or may not have been related, but the police said they found two actual baggies of it (Yep...they said baggies. How professional. Sounds like they're packing a lunch).

It's a very good point that Michael didn't own the house, and wasn't there for very long, so it may very well NOT have been his....He had so many people in and out of his house (both Neverland and other houses) that we can't be 100% on what was his and what was not. (even the super girly drink up there...XDDD)

As far as asking the bodyguards about it, that leads me to believe that he *was* curious to try it and maybe looking for an alternative to being hooked up to a bunch of bags of hard drugs every night :( He was always looking to learn, after all, and maybe he decided he would try it for himself before deciding anything. The only thing that would make me think otherwise would be that idk how much it would have bothered him that it is illegal to buy and posess.....And secondly, the biggest thing for me, would be that he had his kids in the house and i dunno if it would have bothered him to think they could find it or be exposed to it or whatever.

Now this isn't me speaking, I'm just trying to think like he would based on what I've heard from he, himself...

I guess it IS similar to his vegetarianism. I remember him saying he didn't like eating meat and then in the bodyguard's interview he was ordering cheeseburgers! o_O

OneMoreChance

The state of CA has a "personal use" law. If you get caught with what's considered a "personal use" amount (not enough to be considered guilty of "distributing" it) you basically just get a ticket. You do not get arrested or charged with a felony. CA has wizened up to the fact that most people who smoke pot are law abiding citizens in every aspect other then the fact that they like to get high. And there's no reason to crowd your jails and prisons with people who shouldn't be there.

The legalization of marijuana is on the ballot for the next election on CA. IMO there is no reason it should not be legalized. CA could use the money and pot is much safer then alcohol. I don't know about anyone else but I would rather encounter someone on the road that just smoked a few joints the someone who has been drinking. It's not physically addictive. There is no valid reason for it not to be legal.

Saphster

2 baggies? They actually called it that? Wow. Well 2 baggies is enough for one person I'm guessing.

I don't find weed threatening at all. Just makes you feel really relaxed and...you might find certain things extra funny. Try watching a crazy cartoon or a movie in 3D while being high on weed will give you a nice laugh.

I agree with Jen. I rather come across someone who just smoked some dried plant instead of someone who had ....a couple shots of liquor in their system.

I don't find the fact that mary jane was found in Michael's house bothersome or surprising at all. Michael said a lot of things in his past, then did a lot of other things in the future.

xenedra

Oh he so smoked pot. It's not that big of a deal. More people do than you might think, and it is an excellent way to help chronic pain the likes of which he experienced.