Michael as overprotected father

mjlover123

okay i know that Michael loves his children very much. But do u think that Michael is too overprotected of his kids? Am not knocking the fact that michael has to protect his kids, but at the same time he cant always shelter them for the rest of their lives either. sO WHY U think that MICHAel is too protective of his kids?:D

mysteriousone

I don't think Michael is being an overprotective parent, at all! His duty as a parent, is to protect his children and that's what he's doing, just like many other parents out there! What do you mean by "he can't always shelter them for the rest of their lives?" His children are, 10, 9 and 5 years of age respectively, and they'll need sheltering for quite some time yet! They're only very young for goodness sake, lol! You can't expect him to let them go yet! They need his protection and he's giving them exactly that! Only he will know when they're ready to venture out into the big wide world without his protection! But for the record, he lets them go out and about with other people i.e. Nanny Grace! As we've seen of late, he goes to parties, by himself--that is, without his children! Now in my opinion, if he was truly overprotective, he would NOT let those children out of his sight, under any circumstances!

*shrugs* Just my two cents worth! :)

Mysti!

Black Loafers

I thinnk you both are right..But I do see your point mjlover..He can't shelter them forever. I mean..is he still going to cover their faces when they are like 18, 19 years old...? I don't think he will but you never know..

You have no idea what he does with the kids when there are no cameras around. Real easy to say he is this or that when really you don't walk in his shoes to know the full story

Shannon

mysteriousone;192844 said:
I don't think Michael is being an overprotective parent, at all! His duty as a parent, is to protect his children and that's what he's doing, just like many other parents out there! What do you mean by "he can't always shelter them for the rest of their lives?" His children are, 10, 9 and 5 years of age respectively, and they'll need sheltering for quite some time yet! They're only very young for goodness sake, lol! You can't expect him to let them go yet! They need his protection and he's giving them exactly that! Only he will know when they're ready to venture out into the big wide world without his protection! But for the record, he lets them go out and about with other people i.e. Nanny Grace! As we've seen of late, he goes to parties, by himself--that is, without his children! Now in my opinion, if he was truly overprotective, he would NOT let those children out of his sight, under any circumstances!

*shrugs* Just my two cents worth! :)

Mysti!

[SAY1]What she said[/SAY1]

I don't think we are the right people to judge him for being overprotective either, we do not know how his true, private life is and what he and the children are being put through. I have absolute faith in that Michael is a phenomenal father and is making the right decisions regarding his life and his children, and the best decisions can only be made by him.

mjlover123

Justlookingaround;192847 said:
You have no idea what he does with the kids when there are no cameras around. Real easy to say he is this or that when really you don't walk in his shoes to know the full story

My are we testy iam NOT claiming to know what Michael does behind closed doors. AM JUST expressing my opinions and if that bothers you am sorry.:mellow:

mjlover123

Shannon;192850 said:
[SAY1]What she said[/SAY1]

I don't think we are the right people to judge him for being overprotective either, we do not know how his true, private life is and what he and the children are being put through. I have absolute faith in that Michael is a phenomenal father and is making the right decisions regarding his life and his children, and the best decisions can only be made by him.

i wasnt judging Michael i believe hes a very good father i was just expressing my opinions and thought that this would be an interesting discussion, but i see that people are getting worked up over this thread so just forget about. am sorry ive begin this discussion in the first place. good bye:( just close this thread. I see that i just have to talk about Michael as a GOD FOR PEOPLE NOT TO ATTACK ME.

HeavenSent

No no, mjlover...No one here is painting Mike as a god. People just want it to be understood that yeah we can discuss him, but we are only bystanders of his life and that all we can do is theorize. LIke it was mentioned, we don't know the extent of his protectiveness of his kids because all we see is what the papparazzi's give us.

Your question:

sO WHY U think that MICHAel is too protective of his kids?

It needs to be rephrased to ask, "Do you think Mike's too protective of his kids?" Because they are people here who might feel that he's not. Not because we automatically think he's this perfect dad. But because of other factors. It's been said that his kids seem normal off camera, and that speaks louder than ANY pic we see. That's all. No need to close the thread. I think this could be an interesting discussion.

Shannon

mjlover123;192853 said:
i wasnt judging Michael i believe hes a very good father i was just expressing my opinions and thought that this would be an interesting discussion, but i see that people are getting worked up over this thread so just forget about. am sorry ive begin this discussion in the first place. good bye:( just close this thread. I see that i just have to talk about Michael as a GOD FOR PEOPLE NOT TO ATTACK ME.

mjlover123, we are not attacking you. I am sorry if we, or I, came accross like that, and I apologize for that if I did. You are entitled to have your own opinion, and so are we. You are allowed to express your opinions just as much as we are, but we are NOT trying to make Michael out to be a God. He is a human being and of course we know that. Michael can do mistakes as everyone else, hell we already know he has, LOL. But when it comes to his and his children's life, I honestly believe he make all his decision with the best intentions. :)

mjlover123

Shannon;192857 said:
mjlover123, we are not attacking you. I am sorry if we, or I, came accross like that, and I apologize for that if I did. You are entitled to have your own opinion, and so are we. You are allowed to express your opinions just as much as we are, but we are NOT trying to make Michael out to be a God. He is a human being and of course we know that. Michael can do mistakes as everyone else, hell we already know he has, LOL. But when it comes to his and his children's life, I honestly believe he make all his decision with the best intentions. :)

I agree we cant control whether or not Michael wants to cover his kids faces in public or not. I really think that he does that out of love and protection for his children because he doesnt want anything to happen to them.:8-26-03respect:

Shannon

mjlover123;192864 said:
I agree we cant control whether or not Michael wants to cover his kids faces in public or not. I really think that he does that out of love and protection for his children because he doesnt want anything to happen to them.:8-26-03respect:

Exactly. :thumbsup

mjlover123;192851 said:
My are we testy iam NOT claiming to know what Michael does behind closed doors. AM JUST expressing my opinions and if that bothers you am sorry.:mellow:
Oh come on I am never testy. Like you I was expressing my views. You did not offend me not at all

danaluvsmj

Michael has said that once the kids don't want to wear the masks anymore he won't make them, so maybe they feel more comfortable being covered in public. And they still do kid stuff, so they're not completely sheltered. And I agree we can't judge Michael as a father because we don't know how he is with his kids in private.

mysteriousone

Hmm....this thread got a tad outta hand for a minute there eh? Aww...hey listen, Michael is doing the best he can at raising his children! He has every right to protect his children! You can never be too SAFE! Children all over the world are going missing--as we've seen of late, getting snatched from their beds! It's a parents worst nightmare, and people really shouldn't be worrying about how other people protect there children! Michael is like any other parent, trust me.....he worries about his children getting kidnapped so he wants to keep their identity hidden which is why they wear masks WHEN they are in public with him! When they go out with other people they don't need to wear masks because nobody knows who they are...........makes perfect sense to me! :)

Mysti!

mjlover123

mysteriousone;192906 said:
Hmm....this thread got a tad outta hand for a minute there eh? Aww...hey listen, Michael is doing the best he can at raising his children! He has every right to protect his children! You can never be too SAFE! Children all over the world are going missing--as we've seen of late, getting snatched from their beds! It's a parents worst nightmare, and people really shouldn't be worrying about how other people protect there children! Michael is like any other parent, trust me.....he worries about his children getting kidnapped so he wants to keep their identity hidden which is why they wear masks WHEN they are in public with him! When they go out with other people they don't need to wear masks because nobody knows who they are...........makes perfect sense to me! :)

Mysti!

I agree totally i know that michael would lose his mind if something ever happened to his three babies.:(

Tamiele

The most important thing to remember here is that Michael is the father of those kids and his instincts will direct him as to what is best for HIS children. Regardless of what anybody else thinks is the right things to do, Michael will do what feels right to him and gives him peace of mind. If we look around the world and see how each family handles themselves we are not carbon copies of the same parenting styles or lifestyles. I am a stay at home mom and I homeschool my 2 kids. I get lots of backhanded comments about what I am doing "wrong" with my choices but all I can tell you is, is that I feel that this is the correct path for my family and others will do what they want even if it is the exact opposite of my choices. Michael being the celebrity that he is, likely receives threats to himself and his family constantly. All I have to worry about are pedifiles (of which I am deeply concerned about) but I can't imagine what it would be like if people were seeking opportunities to harm my kids. I would be covering their faces and keeping them contained and to hell with the rest of the world and their criticizm. At the end of the day he and his kids will be safe and continue to be a family - and that is worth preserving at any cost!!

Take care,
Tamie

Saphster

Black Loafers;192846 said:
I thinnk you both are right..But I do see your point mjlover..He can't shelter them forever. I mean..is he still going to cover their faces when they are like 18, 19 years old...? I don't think he will but you never know..

Of course not. By 18, and 19 they are old enough to make their own decisions and say, "Hey Dad I don't want to cover my face anymore.."
Michael will not get upset, and be like, "No! You can't do that! You do what I tell you to do. It is too dangerous!"

But, they are still young. Only in elementary school. If I had children that were still under 15 I'd protect them just as he does.

flomango

Honestly, the veils are a bit much. A simple cap and big 99 cent kid glasses from the supermarket would suffice.

jupiter

Justlookingaround;192847 said:

:bump I totally agree

mysteriousone

flomango;192927 said:
Honestly, the veils are a bit much. A simple cap and big 99 cent kid glasses from the supermarket would suffice.
Hey, now that you mention it, I can't remember the last time I saw Prince wearing a veil! I wonder if he's already told his father, I AM NOT WEARING ANY VEIL! If that's the case, I can see him saying the same about that mask in the not too distance future, so perhaps a pair of those 99 cent kid glasses might just be the thing for Prince, although I think we're more likely to see him wearing a dark pair of shades like his father and.......any day now! :cryptic

Mysti!