Mike\'s Thoughts On \"Slow Jamz\"?

2Dangerous4MJ

I was just looking through my tapes tonight and I had that video on one of them. I know it's pretty old by now, but one of the lyrics is...

"She got a light-skinned friend looks like Michael Jackson
Got a dark-skinned friend looks like Michael Jackson..."

With impersonators in the video. Did Michael ever comment on the song/video? :2thinking

dangerous

What is this? What do you think MJ's thoughts on this were? What kind of discussion does this merit? Are we suppose to bash Kanye? Are we suppose to dwell on the fact that MJs skin has changed? Are we suppose to defend the lyrics and quote Kanye as a fan? How would you feel had something like that been written about you? Good Lord, what is with all the useless crap.

I dont mean to jump down your throat, but sometimes.........

A

Anonymous

That wasn't negative..:laugh It was stupid, but it wasn't meant to really bash him.

I hated that song with a passion though.

2Dangerous4MJ

Erm...sorry? I honestly didn't know how to interpret it. And it wasn't meant to act as a discussion. I asked one simple question, which wasn't even answered. All that needed to be said is if Michael commented on it or not, that is all.

A

Anonymous

No, Michael hardly ever comments on songs or things that poke fun at him. The Eminem video set him off, maybe it was the last straw.

DEVRESER

I cannot stnad that song OMG. Theresalot of osngs with mj mentioned in them I forget the nameof this particular one but its pretty nice.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
Wait...I'm extremely confused....Kanye wrote a negative song bout MJ?

The song was actually by Twista, but it featured Kayne West and Jamie Foxx.

choccyclaire

Originally posted by dangerous
What is this? What do you think MJ's thoughts on this were? What kind of discussion does this merit? Are we suppose to bash Kanye? Are we suppose to dwell on the fact that MJs skin has changed? Are we suppose to defend the lyrics and quote Kanye as a fan? How would you feel had something like that been written about you? Good Lord, what is with all the useless crap.

oh my :laugh

floacist

That song annoyed me and even without the whole Michael skin pun in the song Kanye was annoying as hell in that song and somehow he makes amazing music on his own tracks just the minute he is featured on a song his flow is like nursery rhymes and he doesnt really make sense half the time. I doubt Kanye meant anything hurtful with the weak line.

privacy

I remember that song.. I wasn't completely offended by it. I don't know why... maybe cus really, it's a fact. There are black people that look like Michael, just as there are white people that look like Michael. It highlights the fact his skin colour has changed, but doesn't really take the mick.

I always turned the volume down when that bit came on though.. I felt kinda disrespectful.

I don't think the notion behind the song was to take a stab at Michael's skin condition. When I first heard the song it did come across to me as being a stab at Michae, simply because I'm a Michael Jackson fan. I was kinda offended by it at first, but I learned that it wasn't anything which I should be taking seriously

I never liked the song anyway :laugh

~Jamie~

Labomba

Originally posted by 2Dangerous4MJ
I was just looking through my tapes tonight and I had that video on one of them. I know it's pretty old by now, but one of the lyrics is...

"She got a light-skinned friend looks like Michael Jackson
Got a dark-skinned friend looks like Michael Jackson..."

With impersonators in the video. Did Michael ever comment on the song/video? :2thinking
it ain't nothing bad the video rocks and the lyrics are wack :)

Minnie Dia

Eh, i he didnt comment on it in Public... the song was OKAY.. i always changed the channel and watched something else or changed the station when the song came on... jut didnt like it that much, yeah i know what you mean.. i didnt know how to intrepet it either.

Dayum.. LOL

urbanpinkpixie

No, I'm pretty sure he didn't comment on it. It wasn't offensive, but the first time I saw the video I was HEY! Then, I realizied it wasn't a huge deal so I got over it.