MJ Mentioned in Sister 2 Sister Magazine

Bee

Hey, fellow MJ fans. This is the first topic that I made on here since I registered on this great board. My sister purchased the new issue of August edition of Sister 2 Sister magazine and in the magazine, there is an interview with the singer Rihanna. This singer has this huge, big hit being played on the radio and tv called "Unfaithful". (That is the SONG!) So, the interviewer knew that Rihanna went to Japan and met MJ! She was so excited of meeting our man and she talked about her encounter with the KING! This is how it came about -

Ericka: You were in Japan for a little bit and you spent some time with Michael Jackson. What happened? What's he like?

Rihanna: Oh, he's so kind! Very shy but very kind.

Ericka: Did you have an idea of what he might be like before you met him?

Rihanna: No, I had no idea. I had no idea. I was really, really, nervous because I didn't know what to expect.

Ericka: So how did that happen? Did he just approach you or did you go and talk to him?

Rihanna: He sent me a message to the guy who was taking me around the arena. He was like, "I'd like to know her schedule 'cause I wanna meet her." And I was like, what? I started, like, freaking out and "Do I look good? Is my hair ok?" And then finally I met him and he's just so sweet.

Ericka: What did you talk about?

Rihanna: Honestly? We didn't talk about much but, honestly, Icannot even tell you what we talked about.

Ericka: (laughs)

Rihanna: I was so star-struck that... I was speechless. I didn't know what to say.

August 2006

http://www.s2smagazine.com

Volume 18, Number 8

smoody

How sweet! Thank you very much for posting. It's funny because I was just looking at this encounter on the behind the scenes footage from Japan and I thought " wonder what they talked about when they meet." :lol funny how things happen sometimes.B)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Bee! Thanks for posting the interview. I would have never known about it. :D

As for Rihanna, Mike seems to have that affect on people. :)

*rumor starter* I wonder if Mike's going girlfriend-shopping...he's just requesting to meet all these women. I mean, I remember way back when Foxy Brown was gushing b/c Mike called her up and she didn't believe it was him at first. :lol Keyshia Cole...Rihanna....TLC...Destiny's Child...Ashanti (who performed at Neverland one time)...and lord knows who else. :D

I know! I know! I'll quit now! :p

Violet Flower

whisper said:
*rumor starter* I wonder if Mike's going girlfriend-shopping...he's just requesting to meet all these women. I mean, I remember way back when Foxy Brown was gushing b/c Mike called her up and she didn't believe it was him at first. :lol Keyshia Cole...Rihanna....TLC...Destiny's Child...Ashanti (who performed at Neverland one time)...and lord knows who else. :D

I know! I know! I'll quit now! :p

I can't help but to wonder that either! he sure is requesting to meet alot of these popular woman

oh my gosh I love Rihanna! Unfaithful is my favorite song EVER!!!
I'm glad she got to meet him. See how happpyyy everyone is after they meet Michael?? :lol

ajkinkycuffs

LOL...I know I was like...whatever mike want's he gets u know?

Maybe he get's a kick out of all the artist that he requests to meet, and how star struck they are? LOL.
Maybe he just wanted to meet the person behind his fav songs? haha.

HeavenSent

hey Bee! I read this too, and I swear to God I was gonna post it! I thought it was so cute.

There's also a MJ mention in this month's issue of Vibe with Keyshia Cole on the cover. There's an artist who says she was gonna marry Michael. Perhaps I'll find it and post it :D

HeavenSent said:
There's also a MJ mention in this month's issue of Vibe with Keyshia Cole on the cover. There's an artist who says she was gonna marry Michael. Perhaps I'll find it and post it :D

Awwww...please do! I'd love to read it!:mf_w00t2:

Btw, is it true that Beyonce said once before that she wanted to be Mrs. Michael Jackson?:lol

And Bee, thanks for posting that.:D It was really good to read about Rihanna's experience of meeting Michael. I dunno why I was smiling the whole time I was reading it but I am definitely happy for her.:lol She is one lucky girl.:D

Rihanna: He sent me a message to the guy who was taking me around the arena. He was like, "I'd like to know her schedule 'cause I wanna meet her." And I was like, what? I started, like, freaking out and "Do I look good? Is my hair ok?" And then finally I met him and he's just so sweet.

I dunno but that was just funny cuz that's exactly what I'ma gonna ask if I was to meet Michael in person.:rollin

Michael, YOU really are something else.B)

Shannon

Awww, how cute. :wub: Thank you for posting this, Bee.

Michael surely likes to meet a lot of women. :8-26-03fruits_apple Or maybe he just like to see that he still have that star-strucken effect on women till these very days... :bleh

HeavenSent

HeavenSent said:

Hey folks, I was WRONG! It wasn't in VIbe, it was in the latest InStyle with Michael Pheiffer on the cover (Damn, I read too many magazines, hahaha...)

There's a feature with Naomie Harris, up and coming actress:

Quote:

"I thought I was going to marry MICHAEL JACKSON. I used to draw pictures of us together and send them off to him. I was obsessed." 28 DAYS LATER star NAOMIE HARRIS on her childhood crush.
16/06/2006 07:42 http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/the things they say 2268_16_06_2006

How cute! :lol

HeavenSent

I found another quote (Sorry Bee, I hijacked your thread! Guess this thread should be named, MJ mentionings or something. B) )

Naomie again, talking with "Indexed Magagzine"

http://www.indexmagazine.com/interviews/naomie_harris.shtml

LOUISA: Is it difficult to stay immersed in your character through so many takes?
NAOMIE: When you're flying with another actor you forget about everything else. You just play. You pretend, you make believe. I spent all of my childhood in a fantasy world. Every morning when I was walking to elementary school, I imagined that I was chatting with Michael Jackson, who at that time was everything to me. At school I was always directing plays during break time and giving myself the starring roles. My acting is a continuation of that – it's just playing.

her pic:
0_0_Naomie_Harris_in_Miami__H220134_L.jpg

minnie yu

oh my GOD..that's so sweet and cool..the most interesting is we just saw that lil footage in Japan we got to see that girl Rihnna looks lil bit nervous and said : SO GOOG SO SWEET>>>hhaha>>>>:D :8-26-03fruits_apple :bleh that"s a beautiful black girl, i am glad the way Mike always wanna meet pretty black girls..this man love black girls i am serious...here...:8-26-03respect: and what make me so happy is we can see all of those young girls are on our side they all seem like have a huge crush on our man..god..he is the bad boy...:wink :lol

i am glad to see whenever wherever Mike is always so attractive to everybody..especially those popular young girls..Beyonce, Rihnna..ha..:lol

thanks Carla 's link about Keyshia cole..i have no idea who is she but its so cool and happy to know her..xiixiix...

minnie yu

ha yes.. Rihnna is sweet i am gonna search for her song called what' unfaithful"..xiixix...

and what her reaction about meeting MIke is so so ture..thats absolutely a fan girl who suddenly got the chance to meet MIke..how do i look?? do i look good?oh yeah...u care about how u looks when u are going to meet someone u admire and love...right..so sweet...lalallalalall...:8-26-03fruits_apple :wub: :8-26-03respect: