MJ's kids to be called as defense witnesses

xenedra

http://www.askmen.co...-witnesses.html

Michael Jackson's kids 'defense witnesses'

Michael Jackson's children could be called to the trial of his doctor Conrad Murray as defense witnesses.

The doctor - who is facing manslaughter charges after being accused of administering a lethal amount of the anesthetic Propofol to Michael Jackson prior to his death on June 25, 2009 - reportedly plans to call Prince Michael, 13, and 12-year-old Paris to his trial next year.

He is said to believe the late 'King of Pop's offspring will reveal their father had long-standing addictions, and had been ill for months prior to his sudden death.

An insider explained to the News of the World newspaper: "If they back him it will work well in the eyes of a jury."

A preliminary hearing - which will see prosecutors lay out some of the evidence against Dr. Murray - is due to take place on January 4 2011.

The 57-year-old cardiologist, who is still practicing medicine, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter, and claims he didn't give the 'Thriller' hitmaker anything that "should have killed him".

However, Joe Jackson's attorney recently likened administrating such high levels of Propofol to playing "Russian roulette" with the star's health.

Brian Oxman said: " The continuous administration of drugs over six weeks - Murray gave him Propofol every night - that is Russian roulette, that is loading six bullets into a gun with only six chambers."

The singer was also father to Prince Michael II, who is known as 'Blanket'.

MJfan01'

Those kids have been through enough. I'm sure the procesution will try to put a stop to this. I wonder how it will look if Michael Jr. testifies that he was called up to see his father dying and Murray giving cpr on a bed...

danaluvsmj

Hell to the no! I don't see this happening. I don't think Prince and Paris would go along with this, and neither would Katherine. :ranting

OneMoreChance

This was originally reported by NOTW so take it with a grain of salt. That being said I remember reading before that Prince stated that he would testify against Murray if that's what it took for Michael to receive justice. Now all of the children are named in Katherine's suit against AEG, but they are seeking damages for Prince specifically since he witnessed Murray performing CPR on Michael. I'm pretty sure that he will have to testify to what he saw at some point unfortunately.

OneMoreChance

danaluvsmj said:
To testify against Murray maybe, but hell not to help him

I don't think Prince's testimony would help Murray at all! If Murray's legal team thinks that then I believe they are mistaken!

privacy

God knows if this is true. If it is, then I don't have a problem with it. I'm sure those kids'd be able to say, "no, I don't want to do this."

That said.. they could say absolutely anything and they wouldn't be believed cus, of course they'll do anything for their Daddy. It can swing both ways.

OneMoreChance

privacy said:
God knows if this is true. If it is, then I don't have a problem with it. I'm sure those kids'd be able to say, "no, I don't want to do this."

That said.. they could say absolutely anything and they wouldn't be believed cus, of course they'll do anything for their Daddy. It can swing both ways.

They may not have a choice about testifying. Though hopefully they can do it as a deposition instead of actually testifying in the courtroom.

Cristine87

F*ck no! These people got me twisted! Don't they dare put those kids on the stand. Haven't they suffered enough? Leave them alone!

Teva

Cristine87 said:
F*ck no! These people got me twisted! Don't they dare put those kids on the stand. Haven't they suffered enough? Leave them alone!

Cristine!

I could not have put it better myself.

Oldschooly

One of my friend's saw his father die of a heart attack when he was a kid, and now he's into drugs and things. What about Joaquin Phoenix watching River die? Joaquin went to rehab for alcohol abuse a few years ago. These things may have stemmed from these traumatic experiences.
I do have to admit I worry about what all this might do to those kids when they are older, I knowMichael taught them well, but, you know... Michael had a good head on his shoulders too...