MSG Night One - was it that bad?!

Tiger Lilly

I was having a discussion with two friends who post on here last night about night one of MSG. I won't mention any names enless they want to post their views in here for themselves. Anyway it got pretty heated (we didn't argue or fall out, we just had strong views). One of my friends claimed that on that night Michael's performance was awful and thought that Michael wasn't really trying very hard at all. S/he also said that s/he thought that night 2 was much better and wondered why (in his/her opinion) there was a such a difference in Michael.

Me and my other friend said that Michael's performance wasn't as bad as our other friend claimed it was. We also mentioned that Michael is not as young as he used to be and there could have been other problems we don't know about, whether they were physical or physchological. Our other friend said s/he doubted that was the case. We said that he can't be 110% all the time and he's bound to have some bad days performing, just like any other artist.

So do you think night one of MSG was that bad? Was he not trying? Also, do you think people expect too much from Michael?