My music teacher played

floetic_justice

I'm in 4th period Gym as I write this, lol

Last period my music teacher was checking our notebooks to see if our notes are up-to-date in the back. We often play videos and today she played the Dangerous short films VHS!

She played it from the beginning, but we only got up to the 1993 Grammys during the part where Janet speaks into the microphone.

So this is basically how the reception/feedback was:

-They were wowed by all the die-hard fans in the Brace Yourself teaser

-They liked his dancing in the clips

-The pre-Black or White newsreport they found humorous

-They really enjoyed the morphing at the BoW

-Someone noticed Tyra Banks in the BoW video

-When they saw Mac they said "Isnt that the guy from Home Alone?" and I also heard "Isnt that the boy he raped?"
dry.gif

-They laughed when the father went out to outer space/Africa.

-They really liked the Black panther

-Someone asked 'Wait, what movie is this?' and someone said 'Its not a movie its a 11 min music video'

-At the alley scene, someone mentioned "Only Michael Jackson would have a video with no music on,"

-When MJ was doing his little Bojangles dance (whatever you want to call it) someone said "He can dance though," (in middle of conversation)

-When Michael slapped his legs & zipped his pants someone said "Hey thats cool,"

-During the smoke scene a boy said "That is gay son! He's a fag I dont care what nobody say,"

-When MJ landed in slow motion on the ground everyone commented on how that looked painful

-During the Making of Black or White when Michael was chasing Mac & Wade someone said "See, he's chasing little kids!"
rolleyes.gif

-Everyone laughed at the pie fight

-I heard some people debating over wether he was gay or not, and I remember some chick talking about that VH1 special. I can tell just by what she spoke about.
-When MJ was on that blue screen/fire thing 1 dude said "I'm surprised he didnt melt son," and "His nose fell off!"

-For the 93 Grammys, when Janet appeared everyone said how much she looks like Michael.

-When they showed the How to be a Legend, when the 1993 Superbowl clip came on 1 dude said "Oh I thought they was gonna play the Superbowl with Janet Jackson tittie, thats my favorite Superbowl," Than the boy next to him said "This was in the 90s stupid," and he replied "I'm just sayin,"

-When they showed the clips of Michael visiting the hospitals with children and kissing the babies there was a lot of laughter.
rolleyes.gif

-When they showed the picture of Michael as a baby 1 dude said "Nahhh son," and I think I heard someone say 'Even when he was a baby...'
rolleyes.gif

-When the clip of Michael kicking the ball to the hoop I heard the boy behind me say to someone "Theres this video with Michael Jackson teaching Michael Jordan how to dance and Michael Jordan teaching Michael Jackson how to play basket ball,"

Overall, the feedback was positive, or at least better than it probably could of been. Sometimes people would drift off in their own little conversations while watching the video time to time. I used to scream in my mind WATCH THE VIDEO DAMNIT! LOL. I was overwhelmed with joygasms because I never thought I would be watching MJ videos in class. I always use to have day dreams of watching the cool MJ music videos all the way back in Jr. High school so my classmates could see how cool MJ is, lol Yeah I know I'm a dork, lol Anywhoo, I really wish they could of seen "Jam", "Remember The Time" & "In The Closet" because I know they would of really enjoyed that but oh well, maybe next time.

After class, I went to my teacher and asked her a question about the notebooks but I already knew the answer lol I just wanted an excuse to start a conversation so I can say I have the same MJ video at home, lol She's really nice and she said "Isnt it great?" and I said "Yeah, I have all of them," and she smiled at said "Me too man," and she tried to describe this video with Michael turning into something; from the description it might have been from the Moonwalker video but she wasnt sure.

Well that was the cool moment of the day lol
thumbsup.gif
I hope you enjoyed that because I skipped English class just to finish writing this up Rofl. Well, I always intended to cut class anyway, lol No worries
smile.gif

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Well despite a few assholes, it seems like people had a good time watching. Thanks for sharing!
biggrin.gif
Now, get back to class!
laugh.gif

floacist

School is for fools! JK, go to class!!

Your teacher sounds super cool, I would love to watch MJ videos in class!:)

floetic_justice

Hopefully I didnt get in trouble, I'm at home now, lol (After English was Lunch & Global anyway).

QUOTEI'm sure you were all giddy. [/b][/quote]

Are you kidding?! Estatic
mf_w00t2.gif

When she told the class that she was going to let us watch 'Old School Michael Jackson videos' some of the people groaned
mad.gif
What!

Okay lets see, doing school work.... vs watching MJ videos ....hmm which shall I choose...lol

Than someone asked 'How old is it?' and she said it was early 90s. I was
mf_w00t2.gif
the whole time in my mind and a little nervous, I dont know why. I guess because whenever I really like something I get nervous when people watch it with me; especially if I've seen it before. I was predicting everyone's reaction in my head lol Anywhoo, than my MJ-Raydar spotted the empty Dangerous VHS next to the VCR and once again I was
mf_w00t2.gif
I couldnt wait tell her after class I have it too
laugh.gif
I was wondering what video she was going to let us watch, so that got me nervous also. But I'm glad she just played it from the beginning.

Whenever they're were children's voices saying "Michael is the King of Pop! I love Michael he's the best!" there'd always be some snickering, but thats to be expected. Didnt really ruin my moment though. What really ruined my moment was when I saw people looking the other way time to time. WATCH THE VIDEO DAMNIT!
chairbeat.gif
I dont know if its just me but I'm glued to the television screen whenever I watch something, I dont want to miss a heartbeat lol
smile.gif

Grr thats not the reply i got with my class last year and the HIStory: On Films Volume II DVD. It was a nightmare. 8th Graders suck beyond comprehention (in rhode island, that is).

CaptainEO

wow
mf_w00t2.gif
floetic_justice that is sooo awesome. if that was me i would have been yelling out everything in excitment about was coming next.
bleh.gif
i no exactly how u feel!! hah! about... how could they not have there faces glued to him as well!! crazy people
laugh.gif

QUOTE(Blame It On The Boogie @ Jan 17 2006, 08:47 PM) [post=146052]Quoted post[/post]
Grr thats not the reply i got with my class last year and the HIStory: On Films Volume II DVD. It was a nightmare. 8th Graders suck beyond comprehention (in rhode island, that is).
[/b][/quote]

^ aw that sucks. i kinda no how u feel. last year in my american cultures class everyday i would give an update on the trial, i think people thougth i was crazy and annoying but i had to let them no i was a supporter or else i wouldnt have been able to live with myself! haha they all gave me looks every time i had something to say. teehee

flygirl

LOL that's funny!! I wish my teacher would play his videos!!
cool.gif
Everytime I watch them with my mom,and when she's distracted or something,I tell her "Watch dammit"! I always get
mf_w00t2.gif
when I watch his videos!!lol

IrishFaery

Awesome! But for the jerks. But some people just ain't been raised right.
laugh.gif

When I was in high school, one of my teachers (and don't ask me what class. It was over 12 years ago and I don't remember!) was a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. One of the kids in the class started talking ish about him and my teacher said...

"If you're going to talk bad about Michael Jackson, you need to leave my class!"

Unfortunately, she was one of those super conservative parents that got all bent outta shape with the Black or White video. (I'm sure some of you on here are old enough to remember that controversy.) I think it slightly altered her feelings about him because up until then, he was someone "safe" whom she could let her kids watch and look up to. I think he kind of disappointed her. I wonder how she feels about him now?

Jackson829

That is awesome!! And hey, at least the reaction in general wasn't horrible. From what you described. it sounds good. If that were me, I would be a little nervous about everyone else's reactions. But at the same time, I'd be excited just to watch it AND have no class!!! Now I wish a teacher would do that for one of my classes.