My story about the events of \'93

Phil

I remember the day as if it was yesturday. It was coming to 6pm and the news was about to start. I thought it would be just another news bulletin about something in the middle east or something like that but the new bulletin blaired. MICHAEL JACKSON FACES ALLEGATIONS OF CHILD MOLESTATION! At first I just watched, my mind was a blank. It took me a few minutes to gather it in. Michael Jackson was accused of child molestation. I tried hard not to believe what was happening but it was happening. I can't tell you what went through my mind because I couldn't think. My head was spinning, it was so unbelievable! I remember seeing family members watching the TV set shaking their heads in disbelief. For a number of months I actually stopped listening to my CD's and tapes of Michael Jackson. I did not think he would be guilty of doing such a horrible thing but at the same to I wasn't sure. I wouldn't sleep well at night for a time. I heard one of the stations playing his song and I just cried as I heard "We Are The World". Hearing that song lifted my spirits because it reminded me of Michaels goodness and that he would not want hurt to be inflicted upon children. I saw his press statement that was broadcast from his Neverland ranch and I could see in his eyes that he was the victim in all of this. Without knowing what the truth really was I just knew as he was sitting there, proclaiming his innocence, detailing how police searched his home and proceaded to do a body search on him. That brought more tears as he described the humiliation of the search. I knew somehow that we would be found innocent. There was never any doubt then. After watching him plead for understanding I just knew that these people were only after money. I'll point out that at the time I was not privy to the resourcefulness of the internet. The only information I got was from news bulletins on TV or radio. The news of the settlement came as a surprise as I was thinking Michael would fight till the bitter end. To some extent he had done just that. But I didn't anticipate the negative reaction to Michael settling. As mentioned in Geraldine's 'Redemption', many people thought he must've been guilty because he did settle. I guess I was lucky to have a headmaster that had worked in law. She told me that a settlement does not mean guilt or innocence, as Mrs. Hughes points out in her book, too. I soon started listening to his music more because I was more and more sure of his innocence. To this very day I have no doubts.

Angel

Well, I was only 9 when the first allegations were made against Mike so i didn't know too much about it. Besides, with the comunist regime here in Romania, where I live, not too many news were getting in.
So I fully realised what all that meant when I grew up a bit. But I never believed any of it and there was not even a shadow of a doubt in my mind. I know he could never do what they're saying he did. And after reading that so called pshychiatric evaluation of Jordy Chandler that Ray has in his book I'm even more convinced it was all made up. It's so obvious.

privacy

Thanks for sharing.

I was only about 6 or 7.. and I had no clue it was happening. I had no clue who Michael was!!