Nigel Lithgow pays respect to Mike.

MJSpice

I kept thinking about putting this up but kept forgetting. Those who are fans of So You Think You Can Dance will know Nigel Lithgow as one of the producers & judges. Here he is paying respect to MJ on the day the new of his death came out.

Also, the reason why the show didn't do a dance tribute to MJ was because when they went to Sony Music to have access to MJ's catalog, they were refused, even tho the tribute had already been choreographed.

MJfan01'

MJSpice;233164 said:
I kept thinking about putting this up but kept forgetting. Those who are fans of So You Think You Can Dance will know Nigel Lithgow as one of the producers & judges. Here he is paying respect to MJ on the day the new of his death came out.

Also, the reason why the show didn't do a dance tribute to MJ was because when they went to Sony Music to have access to MJ's catalog, they were refused, even tho the tribute had already been choreographed.

:)

justice

MJfan01';233167 said:

He told the TRUTH big time, but, is misinformed. Thriller alone sold more than
one hundred million and is selling, still. To date I'm guessing he has sold close
to 1 billion records collectively. What do you guys think?

MJfan01'

justice;233249 said:
He told the TRUTH big time, but, is misinformed. Thriller alone sold more than
one hundred million and is selling, still. To date I'm guessing he has sold close
to 1 billion records collectively. What do you guys think?

Well, I have heard that thriller has sold between 60 million-100 million. All I know is that it is the top selling album of all time. I have also heard that Michael has sold 750 million world wide and that Elvis has sold a billion. I don't think that's accurate though. Michael is a top selling artist of course but I think his sales have been embellished; along with Elvis. :idontknow

Saphster

oldschoolfan;233170 said:
Can someone tell me whath he says? I am about to have a new respect for someone I thinks...

Basically calling him awesome and saying how we will never see another person like him in our time...or ever. He mentioned how the Black or white video was kind of like an inspiration to their show because of how he did different cultural dancing- African, russian, indian, etc. He also said how Fred Astarie called him, after seeing him on the Motown 25 I think (I think he was mistaken on here because Michael said that Mr. Astarie called him after he lost an award) and said how amazing he thought his dancing was.

I'm surprised how he knew about that phone call from Fred Astarie. Most people don't pay attention to those sort of things....I'm surprised. I guess more people were paying more attention that I thought.

He said, "I hope that the grieving is short because this is a life to celebrate. This is a life that remains INSPIRATIONAL for anybody who listens to music, anybody who wants to dance!"

He mentioned how the producers had stirring stories that said how many dancers in the past have said, "I started dancing because of Michael Jackson!"

It was great....real sad but great. I don't even watch that show but it's just awesome to hear people appreciate the heck out of Michael. Especially a dance show. That's just a bonus.

Mack Dogg

MJfan01';233253 said:
Well, I have heard that thriller has sold between 60 million-100 million. All I know is that it is the top selling album of all time. I have also heard that Michael has sold 750 million world wide and that Elvis has sold a billion. I don't think that's accurate though. Michael is a top selling artist of course but I think his sales have been embellished; along with Elvis. :idontknow

He beat Elvis. He's up there with the Beatles.