NY1 News Vitiligo Coverage

flomango

This morning, my local news station (I'm from NYC) did a slightly brief but a above exceptional coverage on the skin disorder Vitiligo. Its amazing how my MJ senses work, because I was in the bathroom at the time when I heard my TV where the news announcer mentioned a "rare skin disease that doctors still don't have a proper treatment for..." and the first came to my mind was VITILIGO!! And not too surprising, I heard the man said it was a skin disease called Vitiligo.

Me: :cool:

The voice over described what it does to the skin, and how it affects 1 to 2% of the population. He also mentioned that it affects all races and ethnicities, "but perhaps the most devastating to people of color". They were reporting that they were testing on several patients with ultra violet rays to study [in depth] what is it that can help these patients, but also mentioned that that in itself can be dangerous (vitiligo patients can't be exposed to too much sun).

Many vitiligo patients were shown in the clips with their skin with patchy skin all over their bodies, rippled around in various places, even places like inside the ear :( One lady's lips were bright pink, as well has hands and similar body features like MJ.

Well yeah, I just had to write this up right quick cause I liked it enough to make a thread about it. lol :)