Official April 26th 2005 Thread

sistahlamb

I'm not sure but I think Debbie Rowe might testify but she probably won't until tomorrow.

did anybody catch Larry King last night?? I felt that so many things were left out of the commentary like the cival settlement that was actually paid by Jackson's insurance company and the fact that even though the 93 family dropped the charges and just ran with thier loot, it still would'nt have stopped the Santa Barbra Police Dept. from putting on an investigation, which they did, and could not find one piece of corraborating evidence that could even possibly prove thier allegations.
If he really did molest those 2 kids from the 90s, it would hae been proven by now and he would be behind bars.
The only reason he probably intentionally settled--the insurance comp. may have paid the settlement agianst Michael's wishes--was because he knew that he was innocent and the police dept. couldn't prove otherwise and wanted to move on with his life.

When the defence presents thier case, they'll be able to present thier own witnesses regarding the 1108 accusers and hopefully they'll be able to knock down those allegations.

As for Debbie, Ramone Baine said last night that Michael is not nervous about her future testimony.
The prosecution tends to show that the interview that she did was highly scripted but really almost everything she said in that interview was exactly what she said in the 2001 hearing in which she gave up her parental rights.

Danielle Oliver

Jacko Axes Attorney; Ex-Wife Can Testify
Tuesday, April 26, 2005

SANTA MARIA, Calif. – The same day the judge in the Michael Jackson (search) molestation case ruled the pop star's ex-wife can testify as a prosecution witness, word emerged that the defense has lost another member of the team.

Jackson's attorneys told the judge and prosecutors in a notice released Monday that attorney Brian Oxman's (search) departure was effective last Thursday. The notice did not include a reason.

After court Monday, several reporters watched as Oxman had an animated conversation with lead Jackson attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. (search) The two then embraced in a hug. Oxman did not return a call for comment Monday.

- Fox 411 Told You First

Oxman was taken from court last month and hospitalized with what turned out to be right lung pneumonia. Jackson and his mother welcomed him back with hugs when he returned.

Oxman is the fourth attorney to part ways with Jackson since the singer was charged in 2003. Jackson replaced attorneys Mark Geragos and Benjamin Braffman with Mesereau and Susan Yu in April. In October, Jackson announced that longtime attorney Steve Cochran was taking a temporary leave.

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy in February or March 2003, giving the boy alcohol and conspiring to hold the boy's family captive to get them to rebut a TV documentary in which Jackson appeared with the boy and said he allowed children to sleep in his bed. Jackson called the sleeping arrangement non-sexual.

Prosecutors said their witnesses when court resumes Tuesday would include Cynthia Montgomery, a travel agent who was expected to testify about a plan by Jackson associates to send the family of his young accuser to Brazil.

The judge decided Monday to grant "use immunity" to Montgomery, who is under investigation by federal authorities looking into the alleged secret videotaping of conversations between Jackson and Geragos on a charter jet flight.

The immunity means Montgomery's testimony cannot be used against her in any other proceeding. She had told the court last week she would refuse to testify about anything involving the charter jet flight.

The decision came as Judge Rodney S. Melville overruled defense objections and said he will allow Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe to testify as a prosecution witness.

Prosecutors want Rowe, the mother of two of his three children, to tell jurors that she was compelled to appear on a videotape praising Jackson as a good father and a humanitarian.

Prosecutors say Rowe did the interview under duress, having been told by Jackson associates that if she did not do it she would risk losing her visitation rights with her children, Paris and Prince Michael.

The defense objected on grounds that the testimony was part of a prosecution "desperation" tactic at the end of its case and had no relevance to the charges against Jackson.

In addition, the defense said that if Rowe testified they would seek to present the entire three hours of her video interview with Jackson associates as well as a tape recording she made secretly.

Prosecutor Ron Zonen said Rowe would tell jurors that she engaged in a "highly scripted interview and that the incentive was to suggest she would have visitation with her children if she did this."

Zonen said this would corroborate the testimony of the mother of the Jackson's young accuser who testified she also was pressured to appear in a video and speak from a script.

Defense attorney Robert Sanger said there was no script, just questions that were written out. The defense also noted that Rowe had given up her parental rights to the children. Zonen said those rights had been recently restored and that she has a case under way in family court regarding visitation.
Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154596,00.html :sneddoncrybaby

Danielle Oliver

Oxman Alleged To Contact '93 Accuser

According to Celebrity Justice record producer Rudy Provincio, has talked about discussions between Brian Oxman (Jackson's former legal defense team) and alleged co-conspirator Vinnie Amen.

In the documents, Provincio says Oxman was trying to convince Amen to get Jackson's '93 accuser to write a letter vindicating the superstar.

Hollywood attorney Marci Koch told us that, if the discussions between Amen and Oxman did in fact take place, it could blow up in Jackson's face. "If it's true, it's not the smartest thing in the world to contact a prosecution witness, let alone a key prosecution witness, to scheme with someone who claimed to be a victim of child molestation," Koch observed.

Source: Celebrity Justice

sunny2005

Originally posted by Danielle Oliver
Oxman Alleged To Contact '93 Accuser

According to Celebrity Justice record producer Rudy Provincio, has talked about discussions between Brian Oxman (Jackson's former legal defense team) and alleged co-conspirator Vinnie Amen.

In the documents, Provincio says Oxman was trying to convince Amen to get Jackson's '93 accuser to write a letter vindicating the superstar.

Hollywood attorney Marci Koch told us that, if the discussions between Amen and Oxman did in fact take place, it could blow up in Jackson's face. "If it's true, it's not the smartest thing in the world to contact a prosecution witness, let alone a key prosecution witness, to scheme with someone who claimed to be a victim of child molestation," Koch observed.

Source: Celebrity Justice
how can they say he is a prosecution witness when he doesn't even have the balls to face Michael in court and testify? so what, Oxman tried to convince Amen to get jackson accuser to write a letter clearing Michael, what is the crime in that? obviously MICHAEL IS INNOCENT and Oxman was trying to prove that.

sunny2005

Originally posted by Morphine
Jordan Chandler isn't a prosecution witness.
That is my point, the prosecution can't get him to testify period so he is nobody's witness, so Oxman did nothing wrong in the first place, so I do not understand why CJ is blowing this out their :dogpoo:

IrishFaery

Defense attorney Robert Sanger said there was no script, just questions that were written out. The defense also noted that Rowe had given up her parental rights to the children. Zonen said those rights had been recently restored and that she has a case under way in family court regarding visitation.
WOW! Restored rights. I'm curious as to her change of heart. Especially since not so long ago she called herself an every 45 day intrusion that the children were not allowed to call Mom. I wonder if rights would have been restored in the same situation had DR been the father and MJ had been the mother. (do any of you know of such a thing happening) I know two kids whose father gave up rights when they were 5 and 3 so they could be adopted by their step-father. I can't imagine how altered their lives would have been if he changed his mind and came back after being gone so long.

Speaking of celebrities in custody situations: Christie Brinkley DEMANDED that the father of her second child, Jack Paris, terminate his rights. She wouldn't even call the guy by his name. She called him "it." And he did. I didn't hear much critisism from the general public over this and Brinkley could have had a very good reason to make sure his rights were terminated. I'm sure she would fight it if the guy changed his mind.

Just a couple of examples of how this kind of thing--sometimes unfairly--slants in favor of the mother.

And anyway, I shouldn't even be talking about this in this thread. Whisper, move or delete this if you want.

HeavenSent

How can you say, Oxman did nothing wrong? Point blank, Oxman was terminated for a good enough reason that Mez knows about. It's no use in believing anything that CJ or the rest of the media says about it.

alfredo

Originally posted by sunny2005
how can they say he is a prosecution witness when he doesn't even have the balls to face Michael in court and testify? so what, Oxman tried to convince Amen to get jackson accuser to write a letter clearing Michael, what is the crime in that? obviously MICHAEL IS INNOCENT and Oxman was trying to prove that.

Here's another thought on this Sunny... If Tyson/Amen has a relationship with the '93 accuser or 3rd party (even a casual one where he could even possibly bring up this subject[the letter]), that's more than he has Mother, Father, and crazy Uncle.

Just the fact that Oxman thought there was a chance of getting that letter speaks volumes that CJ, of course, over looked. It makes me wonder....has MJ ever talked to this kid since '93..."things that make you go hmmm"

:sneddoncrybaby

dangerous

Originally posted by HeavenSent
How can you say, Oxman did nothing wrong? Point blank, Oxman was terminated for a good enough reason that Mez knows about. It's no use in believing anything that CJ or the rest of the media says about it.
exactly, and we dont know the exact reason for it, so ppl should stop with the speculating. He gone, lets move on.

sunny2005

If you read what I said more thoroughly before jumping on me, I was not refering to the reason why he was fired, I was refering to the way CJ made it sound like if Oxman approched Jordy that can come back on Michael, that is B.S BECAUSE HE IS NOT EVEN A PROSECUTION WITNESS! :screaming

sunny2005

Originally posted by dangerous
exactly, and we dont know the exact reason for it, so ppl should stop with the speculating. He gone, lets move on.
Again, read what i said refering to Cj, not about why oxman was fired, that I have no knowledge of, or pledge to have any knowledge of or care about at this point, all i care about is michael vindicated.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by sunny2005
If you read what I said more thoroughly before jumping on me, I was not refering to the reason why he was fired, I was refering to the way CJ made it sound like if Oxman approched Jordy that can come back on Michael, that is B.S BECAUSE HE IS NOT EVEN A PROSECUTION WITNESS! :screaming
Ease up on the caps lock, no one was jumping on you.

And I still stand by what I said, the media can't do nothing for us to explain the specifics of his termination. Until it comes from the Jackson camp itself, that's when we should give it merit.

sunny2005

Originally posted by alfredo
Here's another thought on this Sunny... If Tyson/Amen has a relationship with the '93 accuser or 3rd party (even a casual one where he could even possibly bring up this subject[the letter]), that's more than he has Mother, Father, and crazy Uncle.

Just the fact that Oxman thought there was a chance of getting that letter speaks volumes that CJ, of course, over looked. It makes me wonder....has MJ ever talked to this kid since '93..."things that make you go hmmm"

:sneddoncrybaby
Exactly, also I do not understand why CJ is making drama out of it as if Michael is plotting to undermind the prosecution by approching their witness, geez, he isn't a witness if he doesnt even testify, :lol:

sunny2005

Ease up on the caps lock, no one was jumping on you.

And I still stand by what I said, the media can't do nothing for us to explain the specifics of his termination. Until it comes from the Jackson camp itself, that's when we should give it merit.
Yes but what I was trying to point out with you, is that I was not speculating anything, I wasn't even talking about Oxman being fired, I was talking about Cj and their dramatic "if it is true it will come down on Michael" b.s that is what got me a little irritated.

Aaliyah

r1498395261.jpg

r1105969662.jpg