Official Sept 16 Hearing

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
MJJF

1. Hearing is over

2. Defense made an issue about 1993 - wants all evidence/discovery. Sneddon is very upset about this and stated that "We're not even sure that we're going to bring it in." Judge Melville became mad, said that the prosecution has had ENOUGH TIME with this and the current evidence. Motions to be argued tomorrow. Judge said trial MUST start on Jan 31, 2005 and his fear is that the prosecution will dump all this evidence on the defense in Jan. This cannot and will not happen according to Judge Melville.

Sneddon argued and said he will not apologize for continual searches and evidence against Michael Jackson. Sneddon said he has a client to defend and ....

The Judge stopped Sneddon from speaking and said he has had enough.

Also to be clear, prosecutors NEVER defends "clients." It is the prosecutions duty to present their case and represent the PEOPLE OF THE STATE - not ONE "client." Sneddon is TOO close to this case.

3. Tape 109 - Janet Arvizo tape that was leaked to NBC (shown on The Insider)

The argument: Mez stated that there are only 3 entities with this tape
1. The Prosecutors office
2. The Defense
3. Sherriff/SBPD

Sneddon angrily states "Well, the leak aint from OUR offices!!"

Mez wants to be able to address these leaks and possibly seek legal action.

4. Mez & Cochran addressed the Ray Chandler issue. Mentioned the media list and all the media (including Court TV) that Ray Chandler had visited this past week. Cochran said this is HURTING his client, Michael and that they must investigate and respond. Papers are being filed right now.

5. 3 emergency phone meetings transcripts will be released today, unredacted. This is in regard to the Dateline special.

6. Mez, along with the entire defense team, Michael and his family will be making a statement at The Courthouse in Santa Maria after court tomorrow.

HeavenSent

Thanks for the quick update! :D

2. Defense made an issue about 1993 - wants all evidence/discovery. Sneddon is very upset about this and stated that "We're not even sure that we're going to bring it in." Judge Melville became mad, said that the prosecution has had ENOUGH TIME with this and the current evidence. Motions to be argued tomorrow. Judge said trial MUST start on Jan 31, 2005 and his fear is that the prosecution will dump all this evidence on the defense in Jan. This cannot and will not happen according to Judge Melville.
Oh my god, No Sneddon didn't have the nerve to cop an attitude about this! His office was the main reason why 93 was brought up in the first place. You play with fire, you will get burned. Dumb ass.

Sneddon argued and said he will not apologize for continual searches and evidence against Michael Jackson. Sneddon said he has a client to defend and ....

Also to be clear, prosecutors NEVER defends "clients." It is the prosecutions duty to present their case and represent the PEOPLE OF THE STATE - not ONE "client." Sneddon is TOO close to this case.
Uh oh, Sneddon. Slip of the tongue, eh.

2. The Defense
3. Sherriff/SBPD

I can just see him spewing spittle. Well who else could the tape be from? God. They must think we are truely, truly dense.

4. Mez & Cochran addressed the Ray Chandler issue. Mentioned the media list and all the media (including Court TV) that Ray Chandler had visited this past week. Cochran said this is HURTING his client, Michael and that they must investigate and respond. Papers are being filed right now.
:hatsofflegal

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
VIDEO DOWNLOAD (sign up now!)

:camera Court TV: Dimond Report Sept 16 2004
Version: .wmv
Submitted Date: 2004/9/16
Description:

Air date: September 16 2004

Dimond report (so read it with a grain of salt until we get a FULL report about what happened)
-says Mesereau complained about the falsity of everything being said about this case.
-says Mesereau said, "It's not in our interest to be leaking it."
(my note: of course, you have to realize that there was probably much more happening that she doesn't want to report that was in the defense's favor)
-she claims detectives say the "light switch" the maid was "flicking" activated cameras or was some sort of alarm to warn people in the other room that police were coming. she says "as if to warn people in the next room the police are coming".

(my notes: This is ridiculous. Everyone knew the police were on the premises and in fact the police were at Neverland even BEFORE Joseph March, the ranch manager, arrived that day. The question is why would the police be nervous abotu their actions being recorded? Afraid they were caught doing something they weren't suppose to be doing, perhaps?)

5.73 MB video

dangerous

thanks for the update :D

Originally posted by whisper
At least he stated that...

....funny how he is assuming he wont be inclined to throw out the indictment.

5. 3 emergency phone meetings transcripts will be released today, unredacted. This is in regard to the Dateline special.

:popcorn

1. Maureen Orth is in the courtroom with Diane Dimond and Jim Thomas. Maureen Orth was cracking jokes. Her comments: "Michael during the civil trial (Lee vs Jackson) made faces in the court. He made funny faces to all the little girls that were in the court house because he couldn't go with his inclination to make faces and have fun with the little boys that were there. He knew better."

Aint that a beech! :mad:

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Notes from email from Gail:

Dateline program attacked by Mez sayng that this person Ray chandler is on program after program for money spewing untruths for money only.

Defense received notice of the media tour (from us i think) Chandler was going to be on, and wants to respond as this is putting his clients right to a fair trial in jeopardy. He says chandler wasn't even close to people in that case and wasn't even there. He wants to be able to be allowed to response to each media event that shows untruths.

Phone conversations (3) short (emergency calls into the judge even on weekend if needed) defense wanted to wait to see programs in total. Statement will be made after court on friday by defense.

There were 3 tapes 109 released by someone? Judge says only 3 peeps have it pros, defense and sheriff, who did it? This is a taped interview of jane doe.

Defense wants all (all) reports Etc Etc from 93-94 case. Sneddon objected saying "we dont even know yet if that case is coming in?" Judge said "Hand it over" Youve had since 93 to get that case together, and since 2003 for current case, "judge says you should be ready to go to trial now." No excuses for handing over of documents. I (judge) dont want to hear the blame game from Sneddon. The deadline for forensic testing by prosecution in this current case to be handed over is oct 8, Steve C. asked for oct 1st. Judge said oct 8 would do.

Sneddon said in response as to the judge saying in effect he agrees (my take) with defense saying normally there is an investigation and then an arrest, this is backwards. you keep investigating and the trial is supposed to be Jan31. Sneddon replied with an angry tone to the Judge in repsonse to the defenses argument "I will not apologize. I will not stop taking leads seriously. If a lead comes in I will investigate. I have a duty your honor and I will do what I have to do for (my client) I'm sure I heard him say that, but ?

Steve C. fought very passionately for Michael today!!! He was visibly upset. Pros and defense name calling a bit.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
capt.la11409162209.michael_jackson_la114.jpg

r465238312.jpg

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
r4243396809.jpg

Steve Cochran (L), defense attorney for Michael Jackson, and defense attorney Stacey M. Knight © along with media attorney Theodore Boutrous, Jr. ® enter the Santa Barbara County Courthouse for a pretrial motions hearing in Jackson's molestation case in Santa Maria, California September 16, 2004. REUTERS/Joshua Weisberg/Pool

lthumb.camm10309162012.michael_jackson_hearing_camm103.jpg

Lead defense attorney Thomas Mesereau, Jr. looks back toward the Jackson's supporters, Thursday, Sept. 16, 2004, as he leaves the Santa Barbara Superior Court in Santa Maria, Calif., following a hearing in Michael Jackson's trial on charges of child molestation. (AP Photo/Michael A. Mariant)

minnie michael

thanks Whisper for all of those updated...xiix i try my best to read all of them, :licklips: Mez's confident smile is wonderfullll!!!!!!! :D :D :D

A

Anonymous

I love the conclusion of this! :) Good day for the defense. Lets see how tomorrow goes. dun dun dun...

A

Anonymous

....funny how he is assuming he wont be inclined to throw out the indictment.

Duh! lol That judge will never do such a thing unless between that time and now..something REALLY crucial happens.

Cristine87

1. Maureen Orth is in the courtroom with Diane Dimond and Jim Thomas. Maureen Orth was cracking jokes. Her comments: "Michael during the civil trial (Lee vs Jackson) made faces in the court. He made funny faces to all the little girls that were in the court house because he couldn't go with his inclination to make faces and have fun with the little boys that were there. He knew better."

Jim Thomas and Diane Dimond thought this was funny.

That bitch is so ignorant, does she have any idea how childish & stupid that makes her look?

Cristine87

MJJF

1. Hearing is over

2. The Defense
3. Sherriff/SBPD

Mez wants to be able to address these leaks and possibly seek legal action.

6. Mez, along with the entire defense team, Michael and his family will be making a statement at The Courthouse in Santa Maria after court tomorrow.

:crackingu at Sneddon! What an idiot? Today was a good day in court?

mixahl

I wanna join those who say well-done to whisper; -great job in keeping us informed, thanx so much!

I want to ask, a)is Mel going to rule about whether uncle Ray should fall in the gag-order, so that he stops parading his trash around..?
and b)how likely do you think it is that Mel will throw out the indiction on the conspiracy-charge(alone)?