Opinions of LMP Changed?

Teva

Has Oprah's sit down with LMP changed anyone's impressions of her? I for one am more sympathetic towards her, I don't want to be her new BFF, but she seemed more ... humane, and less brattish.

Alijoy

I'm, honestly, not sure what my opinion of her is now. It's not as bad, but it's not totally positive; either. My dislike of her has softened, but I haven't suddenly started to like her; either.

Ben

My opinion of Lisa Marie is still the same. I've always had a soft spot for her, so I'm not a fan that has ever disliked her despite my disappointment that she mocked her marriage to Michael, whilst also often defending Michael at the same time. In Michael's defense I will say Lisa Marie wasn't mature enough to understand Michael. She strikes me as someone who is quite immature for her age, especially in her mid 20's when she was married to Michael. I believe she is very influenced by her mo mother Priscilla, and that she played a huge part in her divorcing Michael and bad mouthing Michael in the media when she gave some interviews from 2003-05.

The bottom line is I can see Lisa Marie was really in love with Michael, and I have always thought she never stopped loving Michael. Her negative comments about her marriage to Michael always seemed like pure PR to sell her music etc to me. I think she would have stuck with Michael if her mother didn't have such a strong dislike for Michael.

Juniorlady

Honestly, I never had an opinion on LMP. I just thought she was another lady who came and went from Michael's life. But I think of her as someone who loved Michael for who he is and she admitted that she wanted to to be with him all the time and he really loved her, so that's all that matters. I'm kinda neutral about the fact that she didn't want his children.

Cristine87

No, it hasn't! I wish this female would stfu! I swear she always has to find a reason to get in front of the media and talk about him. Leave him the hell alone. He's passed on and is in a better place away from these f*cking leaches who always have to find some way to use him, weather it be for publicity, money or any other personal agenda they may have. I'm sick of this girl opening her mouth to speak about him. She obviously still has some serious issues pertaining to Michael and she needs to use those millions her father left her to seek some professional help right away. Michael and her parted ways ages ago and she's still stuck on his ass. I don't feel for anyone who was dogging Michael out when he was alive and then jumping on the let's-love-Michael bandwagon after he died. Several people contributed to Michael's death and I'm sorry, but I do not believe that he just shut people out of his life so he could go on some drug binge. I think that's a load of crap that people say to cover their own ass so they don't have to admit to their own faults in the situation. How could a junkie have raised such well-behaved, well-spoken, educated children who loved him dearly? So many people who virtually ignored and abandoned Michael when he was still with us are now so quick to jump their ass in front of a camera or talk to a journalist and show all this love and affection for him. They need to sit their two-faced, fake asses down somewhere.

Teva

Hi Cristine!

I hear you, but the interview still pulled at my emotions. She said Michael was like a drug and she got high from being around. She looked so worned.

Teva

Hi Cristine,

This extract from Robin Gibb (Bee Gees) Reminded me of what you said

"It’s so sad that we can’t praise people while they’re here in the world. When they’re gone it’s too late. The people who were down on him last year are praying to the altar of Michael Jackson today."

Here is the whole article http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article6586845.ece?token=null&offset=12&page=2

Cristine87

He's very right! I'm sick of the ass kissing already! I tell people I like Michael and they have no problem with it but for years, they would react with either a look of disgust or make fun of me over it. The whole situation is a hot ass mess and I'd prefer for people to just leave him and his family alone. Oprah is another two face I can't stand and I don't care how influential she is, I wouldn't touch her self-important ass with a ten foot pole!

Teva

But Cristine don't you think it is important for us fans to make peace with the people that MJ loved, and the ones that loved him? What good is all the anger doing? It is not hurting LMP, and you can't move forward with it.

Oprah is a different story, I have my opinion on her, the way she is going I could see her in the future interviewing one of MJ's accusers, I think that is the direction she is heading. Oprah is not on the same road as Sneddon or Dimond, but she is stopping is smell the same flowers.

Cristine87

I don't have to make peace with LMP! Sure, Michael loved her but I'm sure he was also hurt by the things she said about him too and felt betrayed. My anger at these people isn't consuming my life. They have to live with their guilt, not me. However, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I'm okay with them because I'm not. It's because of people like Lisa, who stabbed Michael in the back that he was sad and lonely. She's no better than any of these other people who've bashed him and her behavior was inexcusable. If people asking her about Michael in interviews bothered her so much, she should have told them before hand "No Michael questions". She knew she would be asked. She's grown up in the spotlight and she knows how the press is. She can't be that naive!

Teva

Very well, I take your point. She just seemed so different in this interview than she had been in the past. She seemed more mature.

OneMoreChance

Teva said:
But Cristine don't you think it is important for us fans to make peace with the people that MJ loved, and the ones that loved him? What good is all the anger doing? It is not hurting LMP, and you can't move forward with it.

Oprah is a different story, I have my opinion on her, the way she is going I could see her in the future interviewing one of MJ's accusers, I think that is the direction she is heading. Oprah is not on the same road as Sneddon or Dimond, but she is stopping is smell the same flowers.

I agree with making peace with the people who loved Michael. There is too much hate and negativity occurring in the MJ fan community.

As much as I am not a fan of Oprah I do have to say that she is an incredibly intelligent women. Just like I said that she would be stupid to do a negative show about Michael she would also be stupid to do an interview with either of MJ's accusers. As far as I know she wouldn't be able to do one with Jordy anyway because they are barred from speaking about it.

Cristine87 said:
I don't have to make peace with LMP! Sure, Michael loved her but I'm sure he was also hurt by the things she said about him too and felt betrayed. My anger at these people isn't consuming my life. They have to live with their guilt, not me. However, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I'm okay with them because I'm not. It's because of people like Lisa, who stabbed Michael in the back that he was sad and lonely. She's no better than any of these other people who've bashed him and her behavior was inexcusable. If people asking her about Michael in interviews bothered her so much, she should have told them before hand "No Michael questions". She knew she would be asked. She's grown up in the spotlight and she knows how the press is. She can't be that naive!

She may very well have told them before hand not to ask her about Michael, but those people rarely listen which may have added to her barky comments and attitude about those questions.

Teva said:
Very well, I take your point. She just seemed so different in this interview than she had been in the past. She seemed more mature.

I definitely think that Lisa had matured quite a lot in the last few years.

armcjackson

My opinion on LMP has really always been the same. But after watching the interview, it softened me a lot. I suppose I can understand why she was so rude to Michael. She just didn't understand that he loved her. It's too bad she realized it after he passed. :( :crying

shelly

armcjackson said:
My opinion on LMP has really always been the same. But after watching the interview, it softened me a lot. I suppose I can understand why she was so rude to Michael. She just didn't understand that he loved her. It's too bad she realized it after he passed. :( :crying

I was never against her and I think she was honest in that interview.

Mickey

My opinion of her has also changed. However I am still not a fan of her. She did seem came across to be sincere and not so bithchy. I understand a bit more why she came across as she did in the past. I think that she was coming from a place of bitterness and hurt in the past. I can appreciate her admitting that she did things that also lead up to the demise of her marriage and that now looking back she realizes why Michael responded the way that he did.

OneMoreChance

Hindsight is always 20/20. How many times have we looked back at a situation and realized that we acted horribly? None of us are perfect and I don't think it's feasible to expect celebrities to be any different. We never appreciate what we have until it's gone. It's human nature......

armcjackson

shelly said:
I was never against her and I think she was honest in that interview.

Yes, I definitely think she was honest. I hate it when people say that she was lying. Or that she didn't love him.