Paul McCartney on Michael

Shannon

Michael+Jackson++Paul+McCartney+jacksonmccardm_468x362.jpg

In a recent interview in an Italian newspaper, Sir Paul McCartney was asked how his collaboration with Michael Jackson started, to which he replied:

“On Christmas Day, in 1981, I think, the phone rang at home around 10 o'clock in the morning. A voice whispers: Mr McCartney would you like to hear some of my songs? And it bothered me, I did not know the guy personally, so I said if you want to send me tapes, do. Then, he seemed embarrassed as told me: Sir, I am Michael Jackson, you do not recognize me? Since this day a great friendship was born.

Michael was a man not prepared for life because his life was music.

He did not walk, he danced.

He never talked, he sang.

His advice to musicians are not technical but poetic.

Things like:

When you take this note on the piano, do not be hard, play as if you had the most beautiful sunset in front of you. You'll see it will sound totally different."

michael_jackson_paul_mc_cartney_girl_is_mine.jpg

Source: MJ-Upbeat / Blog Panorama.it

oldschoolfan

I don't understand their falling out. They apparently haven't been friends since the late 80's, yet in HIStory Michael had a message to Paul in the booklett where he has all his thankyous etc., and then when Michael died Paul said he was sad. Do they hate each other or not?

candles

i think Paul just felt it was kind of fucked up when Michael bought those things only to say 'it's just business'

oldschoolfan;230114 said:
I don't understand their falling out. They apparently haven't been friends since the late 80's, yet in HIStory Michael had a message to Paul in the booklett where he has all his thankyous etc., and then when Michael died Paul said he was sad. Do they hate each other or not?

I don't think they hated each other. It's like when you get into an argument with a really close friend, and neither person after a while can really pinpoint exactly why the anger is still there, or figure out a way to say sorry in a way that is meaningful enough for the other person... it's not hate at all... it's just almost like an inability to patch things up. Pride might not even be involved... sometimes it's just hard to fix things after an argument because the problem evolves to have a life of its own. I feel like Paul was upset and felt he deserved an apology, and Michael might not have known how to give it... almost like both weren't in a fight but they didn't know how to make that argument stop having a life of its own... so I can see why he is sad. And I can see why Michael would still thank Paul. It's like that friendship that never really died, but remained buried under something bigger. I don't think that makes sense in any other place other than my head, but oh well...

oldschoolfan

uranusbluedanger1;230116 said:
I don't think they hated each other. It's like when you get into an argument with a really close friend, and neither person after a while can really pinpoint exactly why the anger is still there, or figure out a way to say sorry in a way that is meaningful enough for the other person... it's not hate at all... it's just almost like an inability to patch things up. Pride might not even be involved... sometimes it's just hard to fix things after an argument because the problem evolves to have a life of its own. I feel like Paul was upset and felt he deserved an apology, and Michael might not have known how to give it... almost like both weren't in a fight but they didn't know how to make that argument stop having a life of its own... so I can see why he is sad. And I can see why Michael would still thank Paul. It's like that friendship that never really died, but remained buried under something bigger. I don't think that makes sense in any other place other than my head, but oh well...

Haha no I get you! It does make sense.

Saphster

I wanted to start a thread about this but I guess I can ask here...

What exactly happened with them? Why did Paul seem angry that Michael bought the collection? Did they belong to Paul or something? I never understood what happened.

oldschoolfan

Saphster;230224 said:
I wanted to start a thread about this but I guess I can ask here...

What exactly happened with them? Why did Paul seem angry that Michael bought the collection? Did they belong to Paul or something? I never understood what happened.

The Beatle's catalogue went up for auction, and Michael outbid Paul and ended up buying the entire Beatle's catalogue. The only song Michael doesn't own is Penny Lane. So every time a Beatles song is played on the radio, etc. Michael gets the royalties. When Paul confronted Michael, Michael apparently said 'oh that's just business Paul', and they haven't been friends since.

justice

oldschoolfan;230114 said:

Paul fell out with Michael because Michael bought his catalog!Read 'Moonwalker' and you will discover the whole story. It was
how Michael obtained the catalog. You see....Paul and John Lennon's
wife wanted to hold out until the price of the catalog came down....in other words they were too 'CHEAP' and our beloved Michael with his shrewed self
swooped in and bought it for like 50 million dollars.

justice

SomedayMaybe;230115 said:
i think Paul just felt it was kind of fucked up when Michael bought those things only to say 'it's just business'

It was business....Paul was too 'CHEAP' and Michael was young. It's his
(Paul)own fault.

justice

uranusbluedanger1;230116 said:

Paul was pissed because Michael purchased his catalog. Michael does not owe anyone anything. Michael told Paul "I am going to buy you music", but, Paul didn't take him serious. Like I said before, "Paul & Oko were to "CHEAP'.
Michael had every right to purchase the catalog. Read Moonwalker!

justice

oldschoolfan;230228 said:
The Beatle's catalogue went up for auction, and Michael outbid Paul and ended up buying the entire Beatle's catalogue. The only song Michael doesn't own is Penny Lane. So every time a Beatles song is played on the radio, etc. Michael gets the royalties. When Paul confronted Michael, Michael apparently said 'oh that's just business Paul', and they haven't been friends since.

You are right and that's Paul's fault. He's gotta a lot of nerve to be upset with Michael. I am so bloody tired of folks being upset with Michael because he beat them at their own game. Good for you Michael. That's the kind of man I'm waiting for.

Luv u Michael!