Power 105 Rant..

floetic_justice

This morning i was listening to Power 105 morning show with Ed Luver,
& Monie Love. Well they and a Minister [forgot his name] we're speaking
on the Eminem/MJ issue. For the most part Monie & Ed did not agree with
MJ's side. The Minister however defended him, and thankfully did a GOOD job defending him. I cant stand when people try to defend him and do shitty jobs, just make Michael look worse lol I know their hearts in the right place but do it right lol [What they said are in italics; note that quotes will
be paraphrased.]

Basically what Ed Luver was saying is that he would defend Michael if he
we're stilling reprenting the black cummnitity & that he'd 'get on a horse butt nekkid with a MJ t-shirt' if that we're the case (lol). He comments that Michael hasnt been Black since how many years...Off the wall/Thriller when he sold all those records etc etc. I'm kind of sick of that iuno 'bout you if you ask me. I dont care if Michael's skin is blue. He is still born a Black man. The Minister defended him well throughout the whole thing. They all agree that he is still of course Black but [Ed] said its hard because of the way he looks..that he feels Michael doesnt represent him anymore [because of how different he looks].

Than he goes on to say that his kids are white & arent his :rolleyes And continues on to say that half black/half white children do not look like that and ..if you put coffee in cream, you still get mocha brown right? & Look at Halle Berry, her mother is white...Alicia Keys... WTF? What the hell was he smoking, ignant crack?! Things that apply to every day objects do not apply in the world of Genetics! Have he not taken it in high school? There's no law of Genetics that says 'Racially mixed children will have a light brown complexion,' There are so many different variations are racially mixed child can have. They can have light skin, straight hair and black features. They can have dark skin, curly hair but white features. And guess what? It is possible that the child can come out without having a single white feauture or black feature. Case closed on that one.

Then Ed Luver was talking about how Michael is always giving money to charities to poor children and helping them, but that 'you never see a black child with him,' and that he should bring his 'punk ass' to the hood and help black children there also. He also said that again changing his features, lightening his skin (i think we all know Michael has vitiligo so i wont speak on that lol) seperated him outside the Black community and that he feels he cannot relate to him anymore. Also concluding that after all this 'changing', time to time when he's in trouble he wants to 'Run back to us and ask 'Help me Black people','

Michael has never distanced himself from the Black community and has sponsered and helped SEVERAL Black children. How many times have i seen this muhfun in Africa? He should fuqn live there. He has the most charities (39) than any celebrity and several of them are black related/Negro fund charities. I wish people would research and know their facts before they start running their mouths a bit..

Monie Love commented that it was just a spoof and how Wierd Al has made fun of people before, [Michael included] even when they we're in legal trouble and what not. She also mentioned that Eminem makes fun of Christina Aguilera, etc blazay bla bla. That is not the issue.. Is Christina Aguilera faced with 9 counts of molestation?! Is her life at stake were she might to prison for life? Sexual abuse first of all is not a humorous issue so to make fun of that Michael Jackson or no Michael Jackson is disgusting in itself.

Monie also comments 'Has America losts its humor?' Like i said, since when molestation was supposed to be humorous? America has not lost its funny bone, actually, America takes a lot of things TOO lightly. Prime example, 9/11. Shortly afterwards, i couldnt go anyware in Entertainment outlets without hearing Osama Bin Laden jokes [0h, and Eminem spoofed that too. Ironic itnit?] on MadTV, SNL, websites, you name it. You'd think one of the greatest tragedies like that would be RESPECTED. Thousands to millions of people died that day, how soon we forget...

They [Monie and Ed] also brought up Janet, saying how 'No one said anything about...' when she spoofing herself on SNL. (Uhhh that's a whole 'nother thing :rolleyes lol Completely different) The Minister replies of course she had to make fun of herself... etc etc [i forgot what he said but you can pretty much figure it out lol.] The Minister also comments that Justin shouldnt have gone to the award show. They all agreed on that. So than Ed concludes that Now finally the Jacksons realize that they are black and no matter how much money they make, no matter if you permanetly put eye liner under your eyes the media always hunt you down because like Public Enemy said..you are still black..' Etc Etc...Blah...The Jacksons always knew they we're black
rolleyes.gif

And thats pretty much it. I wish you could hear the segment for your selfs so i wouldnt have to keep on 'splaining what they had said :laugh :laugh

HeavenSent

*sigh*

I'm so sick of my people sometimes.

Somebody ought to school ALL of them about the African American charities/organizations Michael has consistantly donated his millions to. Fax them a list--Something!

Just because he ain't out there waving a flag w/Africa's colors talking about how "hood conscience" he is, does not mean he's not a part of our community!!!!

God. :tickingti

dangerous

What is with all the fu/cking ppl talking and reinforcing this bullshit that white ppl have some sort of appearance, some superior asthetic that everyone aspires to be~?!??!! That mother fu/cker wants to be white! MIke doesnt want to be white, there aint a reason in hell mike would want to change races! Does the size of your nose determine your Blackness? Is that what its come to???? He is never seen with black kids? what is he asking why no black kid has accused him of molstation??? That man is moronic, and is mindless beyond hope. FU/ck him.

floacist

I am disapointed in Monie Love she was like my hero when I was a lil kid and I really looked up to her and she has more common sense than this.

SpecialJanet25

You know, Ed Lover can kiss my black ass. How dare he judge Michael like that and claim he can't related to him because of the way he looks. I'm sick of my own people (some of them) hiding the fact he has a skin disease. If I was on there, I would said, "Look, Michael Jackson is still a black man. Regardless of what he looks like, he still a black man. I'm sick all these pathetic ass ni****s talking shit about his appearance. It's a damn shame. I wish Steve Harvey call him up and straight his ass out. Excuse Me, Ed Lover, Michael does has Black children around him, look at the church he went to August 16 and in the Take Two Footage. He was with black children. He need get off back on the Jacksons. Shame!

floetic_justice

^Uhhh..he's a radio personality...that's a job :laugh

I know right Flo #1 =/ Some of the things she was saying i was like w0o okay no...lol

mjj_05

It's funny. If a really light skinned person was found out to have a black parent, they
would be considered black. No matter how white they looked.
People know Michael is black. He has a skin diease that has significantly lighten his
complexion, but they say he isn't black anymore.

So, is this about skin color or is it a blood issue?!

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by mjj_05
It's funny. If a really light skinned person was found out to have a black parent, they
would be considered black. No matter how white they looked.
People know Michael is black. He has a skin diease that has significantly lighten his
complexion, but they say he isn't black anymore.

So, is this about skin color or is it a blood issue?!

Black People (some of them) are blinded and sometimes naive. They judged black people who are lighted-skin as well. For them to say he isn't black anymore just don't make sense. If you were born black, you are black. It's unfortuate for ignorant fools like Ed Lover who bring this as an issue to himself.

Originally posted by HeavenSent
*sigh*

I'm so sick of my people sometimes.

Somebody ought to school ALL of them about the African American charities/organizations Michael has consistantly donated his millions to. Fax them a list--Something!

Just because he ain't out there waving a flag w/Africa's colors talking about how "hood conscience" he is, does not mean he's not a part of our community!!!!

God.

Preach it

~Jamie~

Cristine87

See, that's a damn shame! Mariah Carey is part black. If you saw her walking down the street & didn't know who she was, would you know she was black? Do you have to have dark skin, an afro, & a wide nose to be considered black? His children are part black, dammit! Why must people be ignorant? I've seen mixed children with nothing but white features, it's possible!

TLR115

Ed Luver is an idiot. Being black isn't just abput what your skin looks like It goes a lot deeper than that and thats why Ed Loser can relate to MJ, because Ed is about as deep as a frisbee. And How come race is the only way he can relate to MJ?

Cristine87

I swear, I'm so stressed out over this Eminem thing. I hear alot of people bashing Michael for taking action against it. Like I was on this one website & they were like...

"What's really sad is how so many of his fans actually stand by him and back him. The man is obviously a freak! He must be convicted...its not like it just happened once. He's done this multiple times, and he keeps getting away with it. He's a pervert, a predator, and he must be put away. I applaud Eminem for saying what he has about Jackson."

& I just loved this one
"Eminem deserves freedom of artistic expression. It stuns me that a fellow artist would seek to censor Eminem's freedom of expression. Britney, Christina, Fred Durst -- many have been parodied by Eminem, and none of them whined to media outlets for censorship. Jackson is just confirming what most of already know -- he's an immature individual in dire need of psychoanalysis and therapy."

floacist

Flo#2 I am so disapointed in Monie, like I loved her when I was 5 and I would blast her song Ladies First- she was my inspiration to rap and she was acting like a retard in regards to Michael, like HER out of all people know that true musicians and icons deserve respect . Eminem should seriously be respecting the fact that he gets to state his opinon so freely because if it wasnt for Africa Bamaambatta, Grandmaster Flash and artists like Monie Love his punk ass wouldnt have an opinon- its like he is abusing what pioneers worked so hard at doing-putting Hip Hop on such a mainstream scale, its embarrassing.

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by Cristine87
I swear, I'm so stressed out over this Eminem thing. I hear alot of people bashing Michael for taking action against it. Like I was on this one website & they were like...

"What's really sad is how so many of his fans actually stand by him and back him. The man is obviously a freak! He must be convicted...its not like it just happened once. He's done this multiple times, and he keeps getting away with it. He's a pervert, a predator, and he must be put away. I applaud Eminem for saying what he has about Jackson."

& I just loved this one
"Eminem deserves freedom of artistic expression. It stuns me that a fellow artist would seek to censor Eminem's freedom of expression. Britney, Christina, Fred Durst -- many have been parodied by Eminem, and none of them whined to media outlets for censorship. Jackson is just confirming what most of already know -- he's an immature individual in dire need of psychoanalysis and therapy."

These quotes is bullshit. Those idiots don't know what they talking about. That racist remark there. THis is different from what Eminem said about Britney Christina . What Michael is facing is very serious and they wanted to make judgments like this. He has every right to speak up what he felt was disrespectful to him. It's not fair. Look, I wouldn't even worry what these dumbass bashers said. We know the truth and we continue to fight for the truth