Question About \'The Wiz\'

2Dangerous4MJ

Hopefully this post won't get closed and/or cause a fight. :wink

Okay, in Moonwalk, Michael said:

I also learned that there could be a slightly viscious side to the business of making a movie. Often when I was in front of the camera, trying to do a serious scene, one of the other characters would start making faces at me, trying to crack me up ... I thought it was a pretty mean thing to do. This actor would know that I had important lines to say that day, yet he would make these really crazy faces to distract me. I felt it was more than inconsiderate and unfair.

Does anyone have the foggest idea who 'this actor' was? Simple question, please no one jump on my case. :smacking

SmpsnsFan3

Poor, Michael...he was so serious about his acting debut.....haha i think thats the only time he took funny faces so seriously!

HeavenSent

Who were the actors, anyway? lol

Let's see: there was Nipsy Russell (Tin Man)---and who else? I forgot who played the Lion. I'll have to do a google.

Since Nipsy was a comedian, I guess I could see him doing that.

mjj_05

He wrote one of the songs. Thats all I know for him actually being apart of it.
A Brand New Day (Everybody Rejoice)
(Luther Vandross)

2Dangerous4MJ

Ted Ross played the Scarecrow. And Lena Horne played Glinda the Good Witch. Those are the only actors I remember. Other than Diana, of course.

And Richard Pryor....As the Wiz of course......... It could have been one of the crows.... Haha since I was a very very very newbie fan when I saw this about a year and a half ago, I thought the crows were the Jackson 5...... Who knows.....I had alot of things wrong LOL

Amanda

HeavenSent

Originally posted by mjj_05
He wrote one of the songs. Thats all I know for him actually being apart of it.
A Brand New Day (Everybody Rejoice)
(Luther Vandross)
In the link I posted, they said he was also a part of the cast too.
SYNOPSIS
In this Sidney Lumet-directed Motown rendition of THE WIZARD OF OZ, Diana Ross plays a soulful Dorothy, accompanied by a cast peppered with R&B stars such as Roberta Flack and Luther Vandross...

:2thinking So I'm wondering if he was just one of the extras singing in the background something, lol...

... Same w/Roberta Flack.

mjj_05

I just looked at the credits on the movie. He only has a credit for the song.
I don't see his name in any of the roles.

mjj_jdj

Roberta Flack or Luther neither were physically IN the movie.... luther just did the song....and roberta's voice was used in the movie (not a major part though) that's the answer to ur question

Damita Jo Fan

I have seen the movie on TV and it was great.So my dad is going to buy it on dvd for me for christmas.More MJ stuff for my collcetion.