Rant: Impersonator shows MJ

Million Voices

I need to rant a little.

So there are two Belgian TV stations that are going to air impersonator shows; one is called My name is Michael, the other Move like Michael Jackson. The first one is singing and dancing, the other just dancing.

What pisses me off: First of all, the two stations were already fighting for the rights, the names, what not, completely treating him like a product or concept rather than a person. (I guess this happens a lot, but it just comes across badly to me)

Second, in the Move like MJ show ... and here's three guesses, wanna know who's in the judges? *drum roll* Correct, it's Jermaine. I cannot understand him, and him being in the judges, commenting on how other people dance and act like his brother; how can you? I wonder how much they offered him. And then when the add comes on, there's Jermaine speaking a bit, and then they say, with the participation of MJ's long-time choreographer Lavelle Smith. The dude on the screen is not Lavelle, but apparently Lavelle Smith Junior (the words just flash across the screen so if you don't pay attention you wouldn't see the Jr.), as far as I know, he didn't work with Michael? But that's something I don't know so ... Misleading the audience.

And then third, why do they so desperately want to go ahead with this? I'm sure some of these people who participate have great talent, but it's never MJ. Why don't they just let them do songs of different artists and slip in an MJ week, that has worked before. They say the winner can perform at the 2010 tribute concert.

I just hate the concept, I can't help it. And so soon too. The way they present it, as if they're looking for replacement. Maybe that's not their intention, but that's the impression they give me.

Anyway, I'm sorry to be babbling on about this. This is just a tiny thing of aggravation compared to other stuff that is going on. But yeah, I think this sort of show is just not right, even if they do want to pay tribute.

I'll stop here :)

oldschoolfan

Hey, if I can rant, you can rant!

I don't really know what to think, of course neither of these shows would be put on tv in Australia (as per usual), but I think if it were I would probably watch, soley based on the fact anything positive about Michael makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Sometimes I don't know what to think about Jermaine, I know I take the piss out of him sometimes, but I think that's just from everyone else doing it too, I kind of thought Jermaine was okay until everyone started saying he was money hungry and looking for fame. I think it's okay to pay tribute to the people you care about, as long as you aren't using that person's death for your own advantage.

One thing that DOES bug me about this- I dislike MJ impersonators. They creep me out, they look pathetic, and you CANNOT recreate Michael.

To futher fuel my hatred, here are some photos-

michaeljacksondev.jpg

michael-jackson-cr-b.jpg

Navi-World%20Number%201%20Tribute%20to%20Michael%20Jackson.jpg

Michael_Impersonator.jpg

lens5732372_1246851792MichaelJackson1.jpg

:mellow: I think I'll be sleeping with the light on tonight...

Pirate.

FFFFFAAAAAAAAACK JERMAINE. He is officially on my MJ Shitlist. Along with anyone who participated in that The Jacksons TV sho...I mean ABORTION they're airing now. WHY can NOBODY be involved with this beautiful man and NOT screw him over?

That being said..

*ahem* That last impersonator had nice eyes. And the third one was kinda cute in general. /boysinmakeupfetish

I dunno why MJ impersonators go all Rocky Horror Picture Show on Michael's lips when they dress up. DAMN guys. Tone it the crap DOWN. :p

Million Voices

Oooh, you're right. They creep me out too. But this is for everyone though, you don't have to look like him (thought that isn't actually the case at all for impersonaters, imo), everyone can join. But still ...

You know, I didn't think Jermaine was that bad either up until some time ago. But he wasn't on TV and media the way he is now. The last few months he did some stuff that I don't think are acceptable, but in the end, he must love his brother. I still can't see though how he would want to be in a judging panel commenting on people copying his brother. But, maybe I'm just reacting too fiercely? Idk. Once you get it off your chest, you calm down a bit too.

Let's all rant! lol.

oldschoolfan

Million Voices;230169 said:
Oooh, you're right. They creep me out too. But this is for everyone though, you don't have to look like him (thought that isn't actually the case at all for impersonaters, imo), everyone can join. But still ...

You know, I didn't think Jermaine was that bad either up until some time ago. But he wasn't on TV and media the way he is now. The last few months he did some stuff that I don't think are acceptable, but in the end, he must love his brother. I still can't see though how he would want to be in a judging panel commenting on people copying his brother. But, maybe I'm just reacting too fiercely? Idk. Once you get it off your chest, you calm down a bit too.

Let's all rant! lol.

I think as long as they don't try and look like Michael (Lord PLEASE no impersonators), then it would be something to enjoy. If it's someone dancing like Michael then that's okay. TO A POINT. I do have a thing about people copying in Michael in anyway, i.e. if you're gonna be like him, BE LIKE HIM. You gotta be perfect, you gotta lose youself in the moment, draw everyone in, make it your own. Anyone can 'dance like Michael', hey, I can do the moonwalk, it's a peice of cake. But it doesn't mean I'm GOOD at it. When Michael does the moonwalk, he means it. When I do the moonwalk, well, it's a terrifying experience to watch.
These people may be able to dance like Michael but if you don't have the magic, it's just dancing...

Juniorlady

oldschoolfan;230166 said:
Hey, if I can rant, you can rant!

I don't really know what to think, of course neither of these shows would be put on tv in Australia (as per usual), but I think if it were I would probably watch, soley based on the fact anything positive about Michael makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Sometimes I don't know what to think about Jermaine, I know I take the piss out of him sometimes, but I think that's just from everyone else doing it too, I kind of thought Jermaine was okay until everyone started saying he was money hungry and looking for fame. I think it's okay to pay tribute to the people you care about, as long as you aren't using that person's death for your own advantage.

One thing that DOES bug me about this- I dislike MJ impersonators. They creep me out, they look pathetic, and you CANNOT recreate Michael.

To futher fuel my hatred, here are some photos-

michaeljacksondev.jpg

michael-jackson-cr-b.jpg

Navi-World%20Number%201%20Tribute%20to%20Michael%20Jackson.jpg

Michael_Impersonator.jpg

lens5732372_1246851792MichaelJackson1.jpg

:mellow: I think I'll be sleeping with the light on tonight...

*shivers* None of those impersonators come close to Michael. I think I'll sleep with my teddy bear tonight.:uh_uh:

privacy

Ok the third picture isn't that bad lol

I don't like the idea of this either. The most beautiful, talented, caring man that I know has died. I know it was nearly six months ago, but that isn't anywhere near enough time to do these shows. I also understand it's in a good light, I mean these people participating must LIKE Michael if they're trying to sing/dance/look like him.. but it's still too soon.

Cristine87

Here's my problem: the only Jackson I see throwing himself in front of the spotlight the most since Michael passed is Jermaine. Yeah, ok, I know he loves Michael but it's very obvious to me that he's an arrogant diva-like flamboyant spotlight hog who's taking advantage of the press that his brother's death has received to get attention for himself. The man married his youngest brother's ex-wife and his nephew's mother and implanted his obviously fertile seed in her too. Not to mention from what I've seen of the show, he treats his wife like a doormat. I don't want to believe negatively of jermaine, but he's not giving me a choice.

oldschoolfan

Merelln;230185 said:
Is this impersonator wearing a mask? Their face doesn't even look real to me, its kinda creepy :blink:

I think it's really their face, they've just painted on their features to look like Michael. Slight over-exageration of the cleft in his chin though...:cryptic

SexyChica

Why am I not suprised Jermaine is having something to do with this? Yes, it's nice to pay tribute to MJ, but like it has already been stated it appears people are looking for a MJ replacement. No one will be able to replace Michael Jackson. You can imitate Michael Jackson, you can never be Michael Jackson. There will only be one Michael Jackson.

Jermaine can kiss my multiracial ass. I haven't been able to stand him since he did the song Too Badd where he dissed his own damn brother. Jermaine is nothing more than a [HELLNO]MEDIA WHORE[/HELLNO]. He's still trying to live off the fame of the J5 and off his little brother. To me he doesn't love Michael, he's nothing more than a f'ing leech. He's using Michael's death as a means to garner fame. As you can see I have nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing nice to say about Jermaine. :8-26-03ranting:

Those MJ impersonators kinda scare me a bit :unsure:

Cristine87

SexyChica;230193 said:
Jermaine is nothing more than a [HELLNO]MEDIA WHORE[/HELLNO]. He's still trying to live off the fame of the J5 and off his little brother. To me he doesn't love Michael, he's nothing more than a f'ing leech. He's using Michael's death as a means to garner fame.

:8-26-03respect: