Reminising Thread \"Invincible\"

mjj_jdj

What were you doing/ Feeling etc. when you got the Invincible album?

I remember I was 15 yrs old and the week of Invincible album release i had got in trouble and my mother had put me on punishment... My mom is an mj fan by the way... anyway the day of the release of the album we had to go to Bible Study that night... and all day my mother didnt say anything about her buying the invincible album.. so it was like 8 o clock pm and we heading to church to set up for the Halloween service (I think it was the halloween service i can't remember clearly but if im right Invincible was released around halloween time.. dont quote me on that though) Anyway we pulled up out at the front and she stopped the car and Me being the mister pretty boi i am lol i pulled down the mirror so i could check myself out before i got out.. and the Invincible cd fell right into my lap... I was soooo happy, my mother was anxious to hear it to... lol so we rushed in and we listened to the album, dancin and jammin while setting up the church before anybody else came... it was sooo satisfyin to hear some new material from mj.... GOOD new stuff by the way
:banana-mu :banana-mu <me and my mom

HeavenSent

Anyway we pulled up out at the front and she stopped the car and Me being the mister pretty boi i am lol i pulled down the mirror so i could check myself out before i got out..

lmao @ you! Pimp.

My memories are recent; I only got it last year. I walked into a "FYI" store and got it on sale. Bam! Saving my pockets about4 bucks. :D

You know what reminds me of summer tho? "Heaven Can Wait". I remember me and my then boyfriend used to put that song on repeat. Literally all day. The moon roof in my car would be open. Cruising down the freeway.

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by HeavenSent

You know what reminds me of summer tho? "Heaven Can Wait". I remember me and my then boyfriend used to put that song on repeat. Literally all day. The moon roof in my car would be open. Cruising down the freeway.
OMG I can so imagine that *imaging it right now* ooooooooo the relaxationnn

LOL I know that's right u better get those sales!!!

Tabloid Junkie

That was my first MJ CD. Frankly, I got into MJ's dangerous era, which is how I discovered him. My mom took me to go get an MJ CD. I wasn't knowldegable on his CDs or even him at the time. All I know is that I was starstruck from his 1992 Bucharest Performance. I bought Invincible...not knowing what it was. I loved it.

floacist

I got it right after it came out like Christmas time as a present from my mom and before that I never actually listened to alot of Michael or paid any buisness to him but my mom being a big Michael fan gave it to me and I listened to Butterflies on repeat about a thousand times and just fell so inlove with his voice as if I have never heard a Michael Jackson song before.

After deciding I should give Butterflies a two second break I automatically fell in love with Whatever Happens,Heaven can Wait and of course Break of Dawn. Invincible still is my fav . album to this date.

Tabloid Junkie

Originally posted by floacist
I got it right after it came out like Christmas time as a present from my mom and before that I never actually listened to alot of Michael or paid any buisness to him but my mom being a big Michael fan gave it to me and I listened to Butterflies on repeat about a thousand times and just fell so inlove with his voice as if I have never heard a Michael Jackson song before.

After deciding I should give Butterflies a two second break I automatically fell in love with Whatever Happens,Heaven can Wait and of course Break of Dawn. Invincible still is my fav . album to this date.
I kept on replaying Unreakable. :lol:

Cinnamon Gurl

I think I was around 12, & I BEGGED my dad 4 it!!! & finally he got it 4 me! I remember we got it at wal-mart & when we shopping, I kept picking the cd up & looking at it! I was so excited! Then when i got home, I went in2 my room, closed the door, & put it in the cd player & put on my headphones! I stayed in that room all night with michael! LOL! "Invincible" is my fav MJ ablum! I LOOOOOVE IT!

*LoVeLy~OnE*

Remember that so well, I bought in 2002, cuz a friend recommended it, and when I put that cd in I remembered how much i had missed Michael Jackson( I listened to him when I was around 6-7 years old), the album is pure genius, and after that I fell in love with the music and the man himself, Invincible made me a fan, and its up there with History as my fav album! :D

DarkChild

Ohhh I remember that day so well. It was early 2003 I got it, I think it was the 3rd MJ album I got. I'd just got my pocket money (yay! XD LOL) and my parents were going to another town, so I asked them to get it for me (they went to the wrong shop and paid a stupid amount for the album...£16.99...but nvm) and they came back with the green cover one (my fave colour!).

And listening to it was definitley an event lol. I'd listened to previews online, but it was different listening to it as a whole. In that one day I think I listened to it like 10 times, I swear lol. There's nothing like listening to an MJ album for the first time <3 lol I remember how overwhelmed I was at Unbreakable and Whatever Happens, and I was super pissed that Speechless was so damn short!! :eek: :laugh

privacy

Ohhh my first album!!

I remember buying it just after my birthday/christmas cus it was with vouchers! Bow down to the vouchers..

Anyway. I got it because I had bought the YRMW single and loved it. I recognised the eye pic as the front cover and thought I'd give it a go! :laugh

It fooking rules. I fell in love with Privacy (obv), Unbreakable and Whatever Happens... awww...

LadyInMJsLife

This brings back memories..such an awesome day for me!! :cloud9:

I bought it on release date. I remember how excited I was, I drove straight to HMV right after work that day. Found the Invincible display in the new release section and was mesmerized by all the different album colors lol. I went to reach for the blue one and looked over at the guy standing next to me. He looked to be just as much in awe as I was, and was also holding a copy of the blue Invincible in his hand.

I recognized him right away....my oldest & closest childhood friend. He lived right across the street from me growing up, but had moved away when he was 13. When he moved we lost contact with each other and I hadn't seen him in years.

We got hooked on MJ together back in the Thriller era. We both had the Beat It jackets back in school and had our bedroom walls plastered in Michael posters & stickers lol.

So I said his name.....he turned, looked at me, said "OMG" and gave me the biggest hug ever. The people in HMV that day were like "WTF"!? LOL...we talked, exchanged phone numbers and have been hanging out once again ever since. :drinkingb

Invincible brought us back together and we'll be crazy MJ fans til' the end. :welovemj

frozen rose

I was all like 'Yes! Thank you mum!' Because I begged hr to get the 'BOTDF:- HIStory in the mix'
and 'Invincible' but it is so brilliant, it is one of my favourites!